Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-17-2004, 02:38 AM   #41
CMH
Hall Of Famer

nah, don't like that.

Seriously, I appreciate the effort, but I shouldn't have to work around it.

I'm not upset because I know Markus will patch the problem, but it is a bit aggravating to not be able to move ahead in my solo league because I'm stuck trying to move into the Rule V Draft.
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:30 AM   #42
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Guys - I believe we are talking about 2 different issues. YankeePride's problem appears related to the import of an OOTP5 league while Clarnzz and Modern Relic are seeing the issue with newly created leagues.

I have tried to duplicate your problems but everything works fine for me. I did post a note for the other testers to see if they have the same crash you report. Sorry I cant offer any more help than that at this time but I am sure other will try and help.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:30 PM   #43
CMH
Hall Of Famer

I agree that we are reporting different issues, but overall it seems related to the Rule V Draft.

I don't know what different I, or anyone else with the problem, could have done to create this problem.

All I've done is convert my league, run Coach Signings and Free Agency. I didn't adjust any financials or any default numbers in League Setup with the exception of:

1. Ratings being from 1-10
2. Talent Ratings being from 1-10
3. League Structure (this was done in OOTP5, though) to the original league format prior to the new 3 division format.

That's all I've done.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:54 PM   #44
Treches
Hall Of Famer

Yours (YankeePride) is already confirmed and reported.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:59 PM   #45
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

Sorry, I didn't notice this thread when I posted my problem and started a new thread.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...threadid=60362

Thanks,
Tom
Tom the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 02:12 PM   #46
woburn

Interesting note - perhaps it depends on exactly when the league is converted?

Imported the same league from OOTP5:

- First try, we were in the middle of free agency. Imported, finished FA in OOTP6, ran the draft, then crash during the Rule V draft. Noted that the current rookies were supposedly available for the Rule V draft.

- Tried again later; by now we had finished free agency in OOTP5. Then imported to OOTP6, ran the draft, and Rule V draft works a-ok.

Maybe this helps?
woburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 02:22 PM   #47
CMH
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Treches
Yours (YankeePride) is already confirmed and reported.
Cool, thanks.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:26 PM   #48
nemman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My Imported league Crashes to desktop as soon as I click "rule 5 draft".
Amateur draft went just fine.
I am not simming multiple seasons. I imported the league after advancing to new season in OOTP5. I did the first year player draft in OOTP6 and advanced to rule 5 draft but it crashes when I select it.
There are players eligible for rule 5 draft in the league.
MY team is set for human, the rest are run by CPU

Edited to provide more information

Last edited by nemman; 04-17-2004 at 02:40 PM.
nemman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:24 PM   #49
Modern Relic
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Fan
I have tried to duplicate your problems but everything works fine for me. I did post a note for the other testers to see if they have the same crash you report. Sorry I cant offer any more help than that at this time but I am sure other will try and help.
In the interest in giving as much info as possible, I will detail each step I took when encountering the Rule 5 Crash in a newly created, non-financials, fictional league. Following these steps exactly should induce the crash:

Select "Create Custom League." Use the following parameters:
League Name: anything you want
Manager Career: No

LEAGUE STRUCTURE SECTION:
Number of Leagues - 2
Number of Divisions per league - 2
Number of teams per division - 4

LEAGUE OPTIONS:
Players: Fictional
Record Book: Blank
League Starting Year: It doesn't seem to matter. I used years from 1900-1935 with no difference.
Games per team: 154

Player Creation Modifiers: I don't fully understand them yet, so I left them alone.

I randomize the cities for the league and then click on "Generate League."

After the league is generated, you are taken to the Standings screen. From here I navigate to the League Setup section.

UNDER THE BASIC SETUP SECTION:
LEAGUE OPTIONS SECTION:
League Mode: Career
Financial System: Disabled
Coaches/Scouts: Disabled
Simulate Minors: Enabled

PLAYER RATINGS OPTIONS:
Set all ratings to a 1-10 scale.
Show Star Ratings: Yes
I did NOT lock the ratings scales.

LEAGUE NAME AND RULES:
I left these at the default settings, since the league was only a test.

LEAGUE FUNCTIONS/EDITORS:
I left these alone.

I then click on the "Financial Setup" button. This seems to be the key step in generating the crash.

Once in the Financial Setup Section:
BASIC OPTIONS:
I left all these alone

TRADING OPTIONS:
Computer Trades: Enabled
Trading Frequency: Normal
Trading Difficulty: Normal
Trading AI Preference: Neutral

ADVANCED OPTIONS: (Here's where I believe the source of the glitch is). If you don't touch any of these settings, the crash does NOT occur. At least not that I've seen.

Standard Roster Limit: 25 Players
40 Man Rosters: Disabled
Waiver Rule: Disabled
Waiver Period: Default lists 3 days. Since I disabled the rule, I left the time period alone.
Minor League Option Years: Disabled
Rule 5 Draft: Disabled
Salary Arbitration: Disabled
Minimum Service Days: I left it at the default setting (172 days)
Minor League Free Agents: Disabled.

ENGINE SETUP SECTION:
New OOTP6 Engine
All other settings in this section were left alone.

MISC SETUP SECTION:
All settings in this section were left alone.

I then ran the initial draft, letting the computer make all picks.
Do NOT fill minors with fictional players.
Adjust Team Financials to Payroll: I've tried both yes and no for this dialogue box. It didn't make any difference.

Go to the schedule screen.
Select "simulate X years" and type in any amount (I tried from 5-25 with the same result.

Wait for season 1 to complete.
Use Real Rookies?: No
Ask Again?: No

Right after the rookie draft completes, a "Rule 5 Drafting" box briefly appears. I'm not sure why, since it is disabled in the advanced options, but it does appear. The game crashes to the desktop immediately afterwards.

This has happened at least a dozen times. If I do everything the exact same way, but only sim one season at a time, the crash does not occur. If I leave the advanced financial options alone, the crash does not occur. If I do everything as stated, the crash is inevitable.

As I stated before, this does not appear to be a game stopper. But it is definitely a problem that should be addressed.

Just my 2 cents. I hope all these excessive details will help someone on the development team to duplicate this crash.

EDIT: FWIW, this is the first crash of any sort I have ever encountered with any version of OOTP.

I'm running a Dell P4 system (2+ Ghtz processor speed) with tons of RAM. Huge HD, the works.

American Folklore Baseball League (closed): Commissioner/GM - Mudville Nine (ruled!)
Former member of Boys of Summer: GM - St. Louis Browns (doormats!)
Former member of the OTBL: GM - Gashouse Gorillas (also ruled!)

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby

Last edited by Modern Relic; 04-17-2004 at 03:29 PM.
Modern Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:59 PM   #50
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Modern Relic - Good news, well I guess it is good news. I was able to duplicate your crash and will make sure Markus sees a copy of the error report it generated.

I am certain did the exact same things last night and it did not crash but after rebooting today I had the crash occur.
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:22 PM   #51
Modern Relic
All Star Starter

Thanks, Tiger Fan! I tried it again today with the same results. I appreciate your passing the info on to Markus.

American Folklore Baseball League (closed): Commissioner/GM - Mudville Nine (ruled!)
Former member of Boys of Summer: GM - St. Louis Browns (doormats!)
Former member of the OTBL: GM - Gashouse Gorillas (also ruled!)

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby
Modern Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:06 AM   #52
ChrisPI
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Fan
Modern Relic - Good news, well I guess it is good news. I was able to duplicate your crash and will make sure Markus sees a copy of the error report it generated.

I am certain did the exact same things last night and it did not crash but after rebooting today I had the crash occur.
This is good news...
I had the exact same problem.
Converted OOTP5 league, finished FA, had no other problems just can't get the Rule V draft.
ChrisPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 11:42 AM   #53
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

Some more info in case it can help.

I had the same thing happen with the Rule 5 draft: The last two teams are blank. When it comes their turn to pick, the game crashes. When I start the league back up and try to run the Rule 5 draft, the game crashes. I can work around this by turning off the rule 5 draft.

This time, however, I am using the CBL roster made for OOTP6. not an imported league from OOTP5.

It looks like the Rule 5 draft just won't work for me. I haven't tried the default league, and in all honesty, I really don't want to.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:06 AM   #54
dumrox
Minors (Double A)

I also have a Rule V crash with an imported OOTP5 league. Imported at start of season, ran FA and Amateur Draft. Click on Rule V and get the error. All default settings except all ratings set to 1-10.
dumrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:57 AM   #55
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Found the problem... it'll be fixed in the first patch (in 2 days) ...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:33 PM   #56
Spanky
Major Leagues

Question Re: "Da Patch"

Markus, I realize how full your plate is with all the pending issues for V6 but, like everyone else, can't wait for the patch. It's not my fault that I'm addicted to playing your baseball game almost everyday!

Will you be able to also address the issues of:

(1) Unauthorized computer AI trades when computer trading has been disabled in the League Setup Menu?

(2) AI making the correct player substitutions after players have been ejected from the game?

(3) In game sound is a minor issue.

(4) My understanding is that you have fixed the problems associated with the game freezing up or becoming non-responsive after a few games have been played. In my case, this is after the 1st week of games. The schedule of games for "today" blanks out the "play" and "sim" buttons and does not display the pitching matchups. So, the game engine does not recognize this as the "current day" and just stops responding.

Overall, I can see your new version as a big improvement over the v5. The game works much better and is less affected by other programs running in the background. It's definitely faster too. And, the overall look and feel is more exciting. Thank you for expanding the player name fields on many of the panels too as this allows for my extended last names to look less cluttered.
Remember, me? Mantle'65Y, etc. (See my posts under OOTP5 Mods - Legends League should you want to download a copy of my league file which you had given a much needed helping hand).

I can see where your going with this new version - upwards on onwards to greater and more realistic playing experiences.

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication!

Spanky
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:13 PM   #57
JerseyPride
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus Heinsohn
Found the problem... it'll be fixed in the first patch (in 2 days) ...
Can we expect H2H in this patch too.. or is that later on?

JerseyPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 01:15 AM   #58
CMH
Hall Of Famer

^Might see that in an update, not a patch.