Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-16-2004, 08:09 PM   #21
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Okay...sorry for more posts.

I turned off trades, and it still crashed. It keeps trying to go to the next day on Day 30/30, which doesn't make any sense.

I'm not sure what else to try. Does anyone have any suggestions?

John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:13 PM   #22
Kane182
Minors (Triple A)

Did you try hitting finish all days?

Trade in your old video games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Manager of the following SimCentral Teams:

SCMLB - San Francisco Giants
RSL - Detroit Diamonds
ULB - Boston Colonials
Kane182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #23
John C
Hall Of Famer

Yup. Tried 'em both.

Old 04-16-2004, 08:23 PM   #24
Modern Relic
All Star Starter

I just tried one dated 1921. I really don't think it is related to the start year. It simply seems like rule 5 is never actually disabled, even if you disable it.

American Folklore Baseball League (closed): Commissioner/GM - Mudville Nine (ruled!)
Former member of Boys of Summer: GM - St. Louis Browns (doormats!)
Former member of the OTBL: GM - Gashouse Gorillas (also ruled!)

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby
Modern Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #25
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

I tried it with a fictional, OOTP5 imported league and ran all the way through the off-season one event at a time and had no issues.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:33 PM   #26
Kane182
Minors (Triple A)

This is a stupid question, but the amatuer draft and the rule V draft are separate drafts right? I have the amatuer draft disabled. I don't think that is what is causing the crash unless it has to been enabled to run the rule V draft. Thanks.

Trade in your old video games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Manager of the following SimCentral Teams:

SCMLB - San Francisco Giants
RSL - Detroit Diamonds
ULB - Boston Colonials
Kane182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:35 PM   #27
John C
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Kuffrey
I tried it with a fictional, OOTP5 imported league and ran all the way through the off-season one event at a time and had no issues.
You make it very tough to correct issues.

It appears my file is corrupted...I can still see everything, but I just can't proceed past the 30th day in FA. I have posted a thread regarding this.

-John

Old 04-16-2004, 08:41 PM   #28
Modern Relic
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Kuffrey
Me too. This only happens when you try to sim multiple seasons. One season at a time works fine.

This crash is not a game stopper, but it seems pretty major to me. It does render the "sim X seasons" function unusable if you don't use finances. And I found this within 5 minutes of installation. I've repeated it several times. I've not tried it with a converted OOTP5 league, only newly created v6 "test" leagues. It happens every single time, for me. I cannot get it NOT to happen.

I'll work around it for now, but I'd hate to see this one ignored. I know I'm not the only commish that doesn't use financials.

American Folklore Baseball League (closed): Commissioner/GM - Mudville Nine (ruled!)

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby
Old 04-16-2004, 08:50 PM   #29
CMH
Hall Of Famer

I'm getting a crash when I hit "Rule 5 Draft".

I've tried twice and the same result. I just can't get into the draft.
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:20 PM   #30
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Modern Relic
Me too. This only happens when you try to sim multiple seasons. One season at a time works fine.

This crash is not a game stopper, but it seems pretty major to me. It does render the "sim X seasons" function unusable if you don't use finances. And I found this within 5 minutes of installation. I've repeated it several times. I've not tried it with a converted OOTP5 league, only newly created v6 "test" leagues. It happens every single time, for me. I cannot get it NOT to happen.

I'll work around it for now, but I'd hate to see this one ignored. I know I'm not the only commish that doesn't use financials.

weird. It is not happening for me. Newly created 16 team fictional league start year 1910. All teams set to cpu control. Finances, coaches and scouts turned off. 1st year draft set for offseason. Sim X seasons selected for 5 seasons and completed all 5 with no crashes during Rule V draft or any other time.

From that description am I missing anything you are doing?
Tiger Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:50 PM   #31
clarnzz
All Star Starter

I have the same problem as Relic, I even have the rule V draft turned off, but when I try to sim multiple seasons it crashes there everytime. I wanted to run a 20 year sim when I left for work, but it appears it's not going to be possible.

The league is a converted modern day league as well, not in the early 1900's and has 32 teams.
clarnzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:03 PM   #32
woburn

I tried it twice:

- Imported OOTP5 league - it crashed when trying to start the Rule V draft. I noticed that there were dozens of players listed in the potential draft pool. But I noticed that a whole bunch were rookies who were just drafted in the current offseason (I'm not sure if all rookies were included)

- Newly created fictional league - ran fine, there were 6 players eligible.
woburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:12 PM   #33
Modern Relic
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Fan
weird. It is not happening for me. Newly created 16 team fictional league start year 1910. All teams set to cpu control. Finances, coaches and scouts turned off. 1st year draft set for offseason. Sim X seasons selected for 5 seasons and completed all 5 with no crashes during Rule V draft or any other time.

From that description am I missing anything you are doing?
I can't imagine what that would be. After I create the league, I go to the basic setup screen, where I disable finances. coaches, etc. I then click on financial setup tab. Whe I do that, I can see that even though financials were disabled through the basic setup tab, the financial elements are still enabled under the advanced options section of the financial tab screen. I disable everything listed under advanced options, then begin simming. Crash every time. Rule 5 draft starts to try to run (though it shouldn't, it's disabled) and the game crashes.

Old 04-16-2004, 11:18 PM   #34
clarnzz
All Star Starter

This time I tried enabling the Rule V draft and there was no crash.

Settings:
Finances-On
40 man roster- Off
Waiver Rule- Off
Rule V draft- Off

I select simulate 20 seasons -Crashes after rule V draft appears.

Settings:
Finances- On
40 man roster- On
Waiver Rule- On
Rule V draft- On

I select simulate 20 seasons- No crash
clarnzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:29 PM   #35
jarmenia
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Fan
I just simmed a 16-team fictional league starting in 1921 and have no problems with rule 5 draft after 5 seasons. Can you give me any more info on your crashes?
It seemed to only happen for me the first four or five years. Could it be related to the number or eligable players? Also, I'm running on window 2000.

I've seen it in two leagues I've ran and both times it seemed to clear up after the first few sessons.

Could it be stat related? In one of my leagues it was running fine, then I removed the retired.dat file, and cleard all the stats and it started happeining again for the next few seasons then fixed its self again.

John
jarmenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:36 PM   #36
Rainey
Minors (Double A)

Maybe it is possible, that you guys have a program(s) running in the background that cause an error when the Rule V draft is supposed to start.

I had to close out a few background programs with OOTP 5 because I would get an error when trying to go to the transaction screen.
Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:56 PM   #37
woburn

OOTP (and browser) were the only tasks running for me when I got the error.
woburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:55 AM   #38
Modern Relic
All Star Starter

I might be onto something. I just tried creating another test league. I turned off the financials on the basic setup screen, but did not alter the settings on the financial setup screen. There was no crash. I'll try another and post my results.

Old 04-17-2004, 12:59 AM   #39
CMH
Hall Of Famer

No programs running here, either.

I've tried different things.

1. Made sure I had at least one player Rule V eligible, just in case. Crash.

2. Made sure I had a full 40 man roster, just in case. Crash.

The one thing I have noticed is that the other CPU teams don't have Rule V players. I didn't check every team, but I still haven't found one with a Rule V player that isn't protected.

I'd have to do some research through the teams, but I wonder if the problem could be no players being Rule V eligible (even though, that can't be right because I made sure I had at least one, just in case, and I still had a crash).

This is definitely a Rule V Draft problem. I just don't understand why some people are experiencing it and others aren't.

Note:

OOTP5 conversion to OOTP6
Windows XP
Sound Enabled
3D Enabled
Drivers updated (such as Direct3Dx, etc.)

The game is running fine. The only issue is Rule V. I doubt my system could be a problem.
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:16 AM   #40
Modern Relic
All Star Starter

Ok, here's an update.

This rule 5 problem seems to be related to some sort of conflict between the basic setup screen and the financial setup screen. As stated in my above post, I disabled financials ONLY on the basic setup screen. When I leave the financial setup screen alone the crash does not occur. The "Rule 5" screen does still briefly display immediately after the rookie draft, but it does not run, as far as I can tell, and the next season progresses normally. This was tried solely with a fictional, no finances setup.

There's definitely a problem, but this seems to be a good workaround, especially for us non-financial guys.

Would somebody else be able to help confirm this?