Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
moore4807
All Star Starter

Single Game Records

OK I recently upgraded from OOTP17 to 18, I D/L the latest patch and started a standard league... And one of the first starts I get a notification that Clayton Kershaw has 14 "K"s for the "new" record, then Hunter Pence has three home runs in one game for a "new" record... In my previous version all those things were cleaned up and correct (Kerry Wood's 22 "K"'s in a game, Stan Musials 5 homers in one game - 1954 methinks... But my aged and failing mind cannot remember for the life of me HOW the records got cleaned up... Is it a download, or imported via SQL? I truly cannot remember but I do not want to again go thru the constant "first's" in the beginning season... H E L P!!!
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
low
Hall Of Famer

Wondering about this myself.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

no one has hit 5hr in a game... but that doesn't help you

that was a double-header, eh? (musial)

if this is avhievement related -- go to GM Office or thereabouts... history... it's in the human GM area for sure.

file menu -- your name -> history -> achievements... then a checkbox in top-right of screen when you find it.

Last edited by NoOne; 06-27-2017 at 05:22 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
Gutie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah, this was a bit of a bummer to see. Anyone know the solution to this?
Gutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:51 AM   #5
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
no one has hit 5hr in a game... but that doesn't help you

that was a double-header, eh? (musial) if this is achievement related -- go to GM Office or thereabouts... history... it's in the human GM area for sure. file menu -- your name -> history -> achievements... then a checkbox in top-right of screen when you find it.
Correct a mundo Sir!!! I didn't notice that mistake but I remember Mark Whiten playing for the Phillies hit 4 HR's in one game ( I actually attended that game), but IIRC the history file listed Musial with 5 hrs as the single game record. Wikipedia says Musial and Nate Colbert accomplished the feat in doubleheaders

OK I went in search of this file menu, I found my game's single game records, but they were only filled up with game created history. I did not find the checkbox you referred to, probably operator error on my part!!! What I guess is that I'm asking where I would find the historical file(s) that would populate this single game file. I certainly appreciate your efforts to help me and thank all of you for keeping the thread alive!
Old 07-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #6
moore4807
All Star Starter

Bump!!!!

ANYBODY??? Bueller???

Looking for Historical MLB Single game records for OOTP prior to starting a new game, so the first games aren't bogged down with NEW records every time you play?
Old 07-18-2017, 05:29 AM   #7
moore4807
All Star Starter

Bump, bump...

Accomplishments in OOTP18 game history found... Searched records in documents for both OOTP18 vs. OOTP17... I don't see any differences in files regarding accomplishments... I also looked at OOTP17 for imported leagues - thought is that maybe I inserted OOTP16 settings and records into OOTP17 game...but cannot find .lg records that would be custom or imported.

Does anyone remember being able to import accomplishments into OOTP ANY version??? I know I did it in the past - but the feeble brain just cannot remember

Thanks in Advance!
Old 07-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #8
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

wow you got a record of 22 Ks in one game ... had a player on AI team get 21 Ks and as it turned out he got 26 of the 27 outs
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #9
moore4807
All Star Starter

Kerry Woods 22 "K"'s was really 20

"Sorry Charlie"
I obviously need to pay more attention when I type. The CORRECT stats number should read as below; (courtesy Wikipedia)
" Wood made his first appearance in the Major Leagues on April 12, 1998. In his fifth career start, on May 6, he threw a one-hit, no-walk, 20-strikeout shutout against the Houston Astros in Wrigley Field, tying Roger Clemens' record for strikeouts in a nine-inning game and breaking Bill Gullickson's single-game rookie record of 18 strikeouts in 1980."

I was recalling these "historical" stats from my poor memory when actually I'm asking about finding the historical single game records that populated OOTP17, and which now make me reluctant to play OOTP18.

I simply can't get over some scrubbenie holding 3 K's in a game tying the club record - when there were SO MANY deserving historical scmucks who gained everlasting recognition for their skills/ineptitude on a baseball diamond AND NOT being recognized in the premier baseball simulator!!!!
Old 07-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #10
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
wow you got a record of 22 Ks in one game ... had a player on AI team get 21 Ks and as it turned out he got 26 of the 27 outs
I'd be interested if anyone has ever had someone get a 27 K perfect game lol (I may well be wrong, but I seem to think that someone in real life in a high school game has struck out all 27, but I don't think it was a perfect game).

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote