Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 06-20-2015, 07:24 PM   #41
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

ALCS Game 1

10/18/16 - American League Championship Series - Game 1

Detroit Tigers (98-64) at Oakland Athletics (103-59)

f/Tigers 4, Athletics 5

Match Report

OAKLAND, CA - A clutch, 2-run home run from Daniel Fields pushed the A's to a game 1 win. It was part of a 4-run 8th, in which it took the Tigers 5 pitchers to get out the inning. Jarrod Parker got the start, limiting the Tigers to 3 runs through 6 strong. Latos was better for the Tigers, allowing 1 run through 7 dominant innings. The difference in this game? The bullpens. GM Radke had this to say in a rare interview, "This is why I put so much emphasis on the bullpen, when it comes to crunch time, you are in better stead to turn the ball over to someone like Herrera or Rosenthal and know they will give you lockdown innings."
Box Score (by request)

Name:  2015-06-21_00001.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  258.0 KB
Name:  2015-06-21_00002.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  233.9 KB
Old 06-21-2015, 04:46 PM   #42
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

ALCS Game 2

10/19/16 - American League Championship Series - Game 2

Detroit Tigers (98-64) at Oakland Athletics (103-59)

f/Tigers 0, Athletics 12

Match Report

OAKLAND, CA - An offensive explosion in game 2 propels the A's to a two game lead in the American League Championship Series. Everything went right on the day for the A's. Sonny Gray only allowed three hits in a scoreless eight and two thirds innings, lowering his postseason ERA to 1.59. The offense, spearheaded by Kolten Wong atop the lineup with 5 hits, was scintillating with Wong, Encarnacion and Castellanos all going yard. It was a memorable victory for Castellanos, as he homered against his former team, "its was a bit bitter sweet as I rounded the bases, this is the team that drafted me in the first round, the team I loved for years and now helping to defeat them, it just feels surreal." I'm sure A's fans will be hoping he can do this a few more times in the series as they hope to get to the world series.
Box Score

Name:  2015-06-21_00007.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  253.2 KB

Name:  2015-06-21_00008.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  220.3 KB

Last edited by ptautscher; 06-21-2015 at 04:48 PM.
ptautscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:52 AM   #43
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

ALCS Game 3

10/21/16 - American League Championship Series - Game 3

Detroit Tigers (98-64) Vs Oakland Athletics (103-59)

f/Tigers 3, Athletics 15

Match Report

OAKLAND, CA - I'm running out of adjectives to describe this red hot A's side. 19 more hits today along with 15 runs, allowing the A's pitching staff to stay fresh as only 2 pitchers were used. The Tigers however were a mess, 7 pitchers needed, and their starter Anibal Sanchez allowed 7 runs on 2.1 IP. The more this A's team plays the more they look like a legitimate World Series contender. Their offense is nothing short of dynamic, with 6 players recording multi-hit games, and three of them driving in 4 runs. The most worrying thing for the Tigers and the National League Champions, should they get there, is Mark Canha went 0 for 5. This is not a one man team, if there sure-fire MVP isn't producing, he has guys around him picking up the slack, and this is what makes the team so good. When you are getting contributions throughout the lineup it makes life as a manager easy said Bob Melvin. "When you have to bat someone like Michael Saunders in the 8-hole, it just shows that even when you are winning, a job as manager is never easy."

Box Score

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-22-2015, 06:18 AM   #44
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

ALCS Game 4

10/22/16 - American League Championship Series - Game 4

Detroit Tigers (98-64) Vs Oakland Athletics (103-59)

f/Tigers 5, Athletics 7

Match Report

OAKLAND, CA - Ladies and Gentlemen, get your postseason brooms out, as the A's have swept the Tigers out of their path, and are heading to the World Series. Another game in which the A's pummelled the Tigers bullpen, which has been a reoccurring issue for the best part of 3 years for them. Another double figure hit column for the A's, as they now turn their focus to the World Series, in which they hope to carry some of this form that has been present throughout the postseason. Series MVP Kolten Wong had this to say, "I'm absolutely delighted we have done it and we are going to the World Series. We have such a good group of guys here, we all get along and the clubhouse is in a great place right now, we are all buzzing for the fall classic!" We will see you in San Francisco for the World Series game 1.
Box Score

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #45
towerbooks3192
Minors (Single A)

Hello. I stumbled upon this dynasty report after trying to look for some ways people manage Oakland. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed your report and made me think about how to manage Oakland.

Any chance you can give some insights on some of your trade decisions and why you think the players you chose are whom you think is appropriate for those decisions? I am trying to learn more about trading and assessing where a team is weak and how to improve those weakness. I don't have a clue on when to trade and what to look for and would appreciate any insights on trading.

Thank you very much and I am looking forward to read more of your reports.
towerbooks3192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #46
jtsly2000
Minors (Double A)

Congrats!!! Now go take that World Series!!!!
jtsly2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:37 AM   #47
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by towerbooks3192 View Post
Hello. I stumbled upon this dynasty report after trying to look for some ways people manage Oakland. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed your report and made me think about how to manage Oakland.

Any chance you can give some insights on some of your trade decisions and why you think the players you chose are whom you think is appropriate for those decisions? I am trying to learn more about trading and assessing where a team is weak and how to improve those weakness. I don't have a clue on when to trade and what to look for and would appreciate any insights on trading.

Thank you very much and I am looking forward to read more of your reports.

Thank you for following and glad you enjoy it! After the world series I will give insights on the trades I have made to this point!
Old 06-23-2015, 04:37 AM   #48
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsly2000 View Post
Congrats!!! Now go take that World Series!!!!
Lets hope I can! Thanks as always for following!
Old 06-24-2015, 07:29 AM   #49
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

2016 San Francisco Giants

Name:  2015-06-24_00001.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  353.0 KB

Name:  2015-06-24_00002.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  310.9 KB

Name:  2015-06-24_00003.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  295.7 KB
Old 06-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #50
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

World Series Game 1

10/27/16 - World Series - Game 1

San Francisco Giants (87-75) Vs Oakland Athletics (103-59)

f/Giants 2, Athletics 1

Match Report

OAKLAND, CA - Game 1 is in the books for the 2016 Fall Classic, and it was the boys from SanFran that win it under the watchfall eye of the Bay Bridge. It was a pitching duel early, Gray and Blackburn locking horns in this one, both ending up lasting 5 1/3, with an earned run apiece. RJ Alvarez ended up taking the loss allowing a run in 1 1/3 innings. The offense appeared to be stale coming off a few days rest due to the sweep of the Tigers only getting 4 hits on the day. The Giants, who always seem to strive in the postseason, ran out deserved winners in game 1. Game 2 is next...

Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #51
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

World Series Game 2

10/28/16 - World Series - Game 2

f/Giants 9, Athletics 2

Match Report

OAKLAND, CA - Besides one inning, this was another tight affair. I'm sure if Cueto had a mulligan, he would be using it on the 4th inning, in which he recorded only one out and allowed 7 runs. After that it was game over. Cain had a decent performance, matching that of the two starters in game 1, and the bullpen of the Giants once again locked down the win. Melvin had this to say, " Cueto looked pretty dialled in up until the 4th, however I may have left him in a bit long, as I hoped he'd get out of it. The again hindsight is a beautiful thing. Our focus is on the three game home set we have now, and hoping we can take the lead in the series." The A's did get hits, however really struggled with RISP, which prevented any late comebacks. Game 3 coming up
Name:  2015-06-26_00001.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  260.7 KB

Name:  2015-06-26_00002.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  247.8 KB

Old 06-28-2015, 04:26 PM   #52
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

World Series Game 3

10/30/16 - World Series - Game 3

f/Giants 7 Athletics 4

Match Report

OAKLAND, CA - Starting pitching again is the downfall for the A's, as Jarrod Parker allows 7 runs in four and a third, and hand the Giants a 3 game lead in the world series. The offense, although pounded out 10 hits, showed some of their 2015 struggles by not converting with runners in scoring position. Unfortunately this has come at he worst time possible. Both Moya and Castellanos had 3 hit days, but had a combined LOB of 4, whist Max Muncy left six runners on base. The A's, now 3 games down and confidence well and truly down, will somewhat hope a miracle occurs if they are hoping to turn this around. As the A's regular season run differential suggests, it was lower than the actual record, they relied on their pitching to help win games, something that is evidently not here at the moment. Game 4 is where they hope they can turn it all around.

Name:  2015-06-28_00001.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  262.4 KB

Name:  2015-06-28_00002.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  240.9 KB
Old 06-28-2015, 07:59 PM   #53
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Cannot get swept... let's get this W!!!
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:48 PM   #54
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

World Series Game 4

10/31/16 - World Series - Game 4

f/Giants 7 Athletics 2

Match Report

OAKLAND, CA - Sorry mpejkrm, but the Giants ensured November was not required by completing the sweep in the 2016 World Series. Again starting pitching was the culprit, as Drew Pomeranz allowed 7 runs, although labouring through 7 and a third. Ty Blach was solid on the hill for the Giants, 2 earned through 6, and a bit of a throwback with Sergio Romo coming in and nailing down the victory. Buster Posey was in tears, as he lost to the team he had won three with. " I am distraught we lost, having come off a sweep of Detroit and a 100 win season. Congrats go to the boys I spent so many years with, I know that team always comes up clutch in the postseason." Melvin declined to comment, although he did not look overly pleased. He cant be too hard on the A's, they shocked the baseball world by having the MLB best record, and making it to the fall classic. However, what cannot go unnoticed is the positive changes Radke has instilled in his two years in Oakland, taking a mere postseason team to a championship contender. The core of young players that he has can surely be contenders for years to come, the offseason is up next as the A's look to strengthen even more. Thanks for following!

Name:  2015-06-29_00001.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  258.8 KB

Name:  2015-06-29_00002.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  237.9 KB

Old 06-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #55
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

Why Thank You

Name:  2015-06-29_00003.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  167.3 KB
Old 06-30-2015, 06:12 AM   #56
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

Trade Insights as requested by towerbooks

Trade 1 - With Tigers Lawrie for Castellanos
This had a few reasons. Firstly, I am a Tigers fan and I know how good a player Castellanos turns into. Lawrie is closer to free agency and wanted a contract extension that was way too expensive for my liking. I got Fields as Crisp was down for a couple months and the rest was just making it work, hoping Buck Farmer may become a starter or jut middle relief down the road.
Trade 2 - With Royals Sogard for Herrera
I was planning on dfa-ing Sogard but shopped him around before, they offered me one of the best relievers in baseball, I took it.
Trade 3 - With Cardinals Semien and O'Flaherty for Wong and Rosenthal
O'Flaherty had an awful start to the season, and is older than Rosenthal. Semien had a hot start which I knew he wouldn't keep up, so struck whilst the iron was hot and got Wong who had a WAR of over 5 with us in the first season, and Rosenthal a top tier reliever. Now both Wong and Rosenthal are 5* players and both Semien and O'Flaherty are 3.5*.
Trade 4 - With Giants Reddick for Posey
Reddick was out with a injury, so I knew when he came back his stats would drop, I also wanted a premier contact hitter, so none much better than Posey. Reddick went on to hit .197 with the Giants and is now playing with the Braves. We also picked up 2 relievers with one being the #90 prospect. As you can tell, having a good bullpen is something I strive for.
Trade 5 - With Reds Cook and Chavez for Cueto
Cook was very valued by the Reds, and I felt we needed one more starter to push us to the postseason, whilst our prospects weren't ready. It was just short term as he is expensive, but he certainly helped a lot. Also picked up utility infielder Suarez, we needed one since Zobrist left as we couldn't afford him and he was injured for 6 months. Chavez was awful with us and I wanted to get rid of him.
Trade 6 - With Blue Jays Hahn for Encarnacion
I was very happy with this trade. Hahn was putting up all star numbers, but I banked on him not sustaining that and got a power guy in Encarnacion. I felt Canha-Encarnacion-Moya could help provide run support and push us over the edge, and it did. Similar to Cueto, this was merely a playoff push trade as he is a free agent at the end of the season, and wants way too much money. Also picked up Miguel Castro who is listed as a Reliever, but has starter potential.
Trade 7 - With White Sox Butler, Bassitt and Graveman for Tuiasosopo
This was purely and simply a salary dump of Butler. His contract was horrible and with the acquisition of Encarnacion he was surplus to requirements. He was also not having a good season. Tuiasosopo performed as we wanted and had a decent postseason.
Trade 8 - With Blue Jays Davis for Saunders
With Canha establishing himself as a MVP candidate at first base, and Matt Olsen a season away, I decided to rid the A's of his contract and pick up some outfield help but more importantly, a cheaper contract. Also picked up a decent minor leaguer in Dwight Smith Jr.
Trade 9 - With Mets Burns and Abad for Lagares
I had a surplus or relievers, and Burns is exactly like Lagares, with slightly worse defense and lower power. Lagares fielding ability should give him a good WAR.

Hope this is what you wanted
Old 06-30-2015, 06:36 AM   #57
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

First Offseason Trade

The Oakland Athletics send SP Johnny Cueto. CF B.J. Boyd, RP Dan Otero and C Lorenzo Quintana to the Kansas City Royals for SP Carlos Frias, LF Tyler Collins, SP Kyle Zimmer and SP Miguel Almonte.

As I said before, Cueto was a short term thing, and we needed to get rid of the money tied to him. Because of this, I needed a new starter in Frias. He has two good fastballs, with below average breaking balls, but im hoping he wont bust. To help cover this, I go Almonte and Zimmer, who can both be bullpen help immediately or go to the minors and develop more. Tyler Collins is also in to replace Fields as he will be sent down to hopefully develop. Financially, this is great as only Collins has more than a year service time, whilst Almonte doesn't have any. Otero goes because of our surplus in the pen and I don't have plans for Boyd or Quintana.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:35 PM   #58
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

Second Offseason Trade

The Oakland Athletics send SP Jarrod Parker, C Bruce Maxwell and SP Dustin Driver to the Detroit Tigers for LF Austin Schotts, C James McCann, SP Drew VerHagen and SP Kyle Ryan.

Jarrod Parker was due to get 4 million or so in arbitration, and has 4 years of service time. All of the four players we acquired had less than a year, I am hoping the rotation will be set come the trade deadline, but I am aiming to chop and change a fair bit, and give them all a fair go at it. James McCann is obviously backup to Posey like Maxwell was, however McCann is much better defensively than Maxwell as well as better contact ratings, so will serve as a better backup catcher. Schotts has decent potential, and may come up this year.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:50 AM   #59
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

Hall of Fame 2017

Name:  2015-07-01_00001.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  249.8 KB
Old 07-01-2015, 06:53 AM   #60
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

MLB Rule Change

Name:  2015-07-01_00003.jpg