Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 11-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #501
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

Crash occurred when trying to delete a saved game.

1) Click on the game to delete.
2) Press delete.
3) Click "OK" on the dialog.

Crash...

I only had one game displayed so when I clicked "OK" in the dialog, there were no games displayed.
jslmsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #502
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

A bug... not sure if it has already been mentioned.

If you place a player on waiver, he will be shown in the "Waiver" screen for a team. If you click on the player from the "Waiver" screen and place him on waivers again, he will be listed twice.

Keep doing this, and a "copy" of the player will continued to be added to the "Waiver" screen.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #503
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Offering trades in the OHL, gets no response!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #504
Modolinus
Bat Boy

Trades 2nd season

After I had played one season with devils on FHM I tried to trade, but the game crashed when I tried. And so I tried again with another player in a another team. Same thing happened. I find this very annoying and hopens this will be fixed to the next patch update.
Modolinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #505
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Just noticed the penalty timer still freezes.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #506
minhas111
Bat Boy

Game Freeze

The game freezes when initiating a trade with other teams during free agency in the nhl. Can you fix this bug?
minhas111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #507
bubbas
Bat Boy

Training settings are not saved or are redone by CPU when a day is processed even thou team control settings are set to all human.
bubbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #508
bubbas
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhas111 View Post
The game freezes when initiating a trade with other teams during free agency in the nhl. Can you fix this bug?
I've had the game crash when trying to initiate a trade negotiation thru the player screen action menu but work when going thru team menu -> transactions -> trade player(s) and then selecting the team that has the player. I have no idea why it works one way but crashes the other thou.
bubbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #509
Hob
Bat Boy

Version 1.3.13 normal mode

When team enters overtime with a penalty or gets a penalty in overtime, it's 5vs3 instead of 4vs3 as it should be.
EDIT: at playoffs, I can't look the report after game, because the game crashes. Worked trough the regular season..

Last edited by Hob; 11-05-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #510
jh95
All Star Starter

Historical Protected Lists (Reserve Lists)

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

In the NHL a team can or at least could have up to 90 players on the 90-Player-Reserve List (contracted players and drafted players).

This is necessary because in the game you currently can only have up to 50 Players (contracted or drafted) on the "Protected List".

When I would be able select all my 12 draft picks I would need 12 empty spots on the "Protected List".

This would mean that I would have to release or trade players before the draft Begins to go down to 38.

This should be fixed latest in FHM 2015.
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #511
jh95
All Star Starter

Some strange FA-Signings by Teams

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

Some strange FA-Signings by teams:

Player: Louie DeBrusk (1991)

August 4th, 1991:
Signed by Quebec.

August 12th, 1991:
Released by Quebec.

August 15th, 1991:
Signed by Boston.

August 19th, 1991:
Released by Boston.

August 22nd, 1991:
Signed by NY Rangers.

August 26th, 1991:
Released by NY Rangers.

August 19th, 1991:
Signed by Philadelphia.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #512
mattygabe
Bat Boy

Post FHM 1.3.13 Bugs

So, in addition to a crash (which I've submitted details in a support ticket for it), I've noticed these defects while playing thru my first NHL season:

-When I go to "Discuss trade" after a team has rejected my first proposal, I'd say 50-75% of the time, though I am the Flames GM the screen treats me as if I am the other team. If I'm discussing trade with Penguins, it thinks I'm Ray Shero, and his lead scout says things like, "[The Flames] will almost certainly not accept this!!" even as I add and remove pieces to both sides of the trade

-While simming, the button that tells you "Click or hit ESC to Stop Sim" doesn't work, nor does hitting ESC. The only thing I've found to work to stop the sim is to click the "Play" button above it a few times while the flaming puck is indicating simulation is occurring.

-The Free Agents list is a bit patchy - a few times it's shown me players that were said to be free agents, but were really draftees of other teams (Sam Carrier of the Capitals, for instance) that were not signed to an NHL contract. I was unable to offer him a contract, but he was still in the list of Free Agents (despite having "FA" next to his name)

-Trade news entry subjects are usually wrong - if an NHL player is traded for rights to younger players or draft picks, it says, "Calgary swaps Stempniak with Pittsburgh for Stempniak". Sometimes when the rights to a player are "first" in the trade, the subject line just says "Chicago Trades to Dallas for Jokipakka" (notice three empty spaces)

-Checkboxes in the "News Subscription Settings" box below the Manager News box doesn't update subscriptions. You must do this through some Manager menu

-This is more picky, but the filter dialog is incredibly cumbersome. Checkboxes, can you put those near each other? I shouldn't need to move the mouse ALL the way across the dialog in order to check/uncheck each one. Filtering by position should be easy. Also, the other filter options are very spaced out and the controls to increase/decrease/change those values are tiny on the screen unless you're using a machine with 1024x768 resolution

-Drag and drop from the active roster to the lineups at the bottom of the screen is wonky - sometimes it works, other times it doesnt. No visual indication if you've "grabbed" a player to drop them in. Also I can't "swap" players, can only "copy" them which also becomes cumbersome.

-Also nit-picky, but seems like players complain about not getting enough playing time way too often. Dennis Wideman was my #2 defenseman, and even before he started complaining he was on just about every top line as a defenseman. Two days later after I noticed he wasn't happy, he was injured - because I think I had him out on the ice for close to 30-35 minutes a game.

-Which, is another point. Defenseman get injured like crazy. They might need their own injury algorithm or something because it's not unusual for topline defenseman to play 25-30 minutes a game in certain instances, but I think all of the 8 primary defenseman I used in the season got injured, and at least one of them was injured at all points during the season.
mattygabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #513
gopherguy75
Bat Boy

Goals Against issue

There seems to be an issue with how goals against are tabulated on the standings in a custom game. In the pictures I have posted you will see that several teams have a GA of 0. I included Spring Lake as an example of what it should have. I don't know code very well so I have no idea where the issue lies but if you need any more information I will be happy to help.
Attached Images
Image Image 
gopherguy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #514
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattygabe View Post
So, in addition to a crash (which I've submitted details in a support ticket for it), I've noticed these defects while playing thru my first NHL season:

-When I go to "Discuss trade" after a team has rejected my first proposal, I'd say 50-75% of the time, though I am the Flames GM the screen treats me as if I am the other team. If I'm discussing trade with Penguins, it thinks I'm Ray Shero, and his lead scout says things like, "[The Flames] will almost certainly not accept this!!" even as I add and remove pieces to both sides of the trade
Have you noticed it happening only/more frequently after a certain point in time? That's similar to issues other people have reported happening in the off-season period following free agency. Added to the bug list, in any case.

Quote:
-While simming, the button that tells you "Click or hit ESC to Stop Sim" doesn't work, nor does hitting ESC. The only thing I've found to work to stop the sim is to click the "Play" button above it a few times while the flaming puck is indicating simulation is occurring.
We've managed to cut down the frequency with which that occurs by quite a bit, but it's still happening, and seems to be system-specific - mine hasn't done it in months (after being nearly constant), but other people report it happening often. One possibility: other applications hijacking the ESC key. Photoshop, for one, is known to do it, but I doubt many people would be running the game with that open.

Quote:
-The Free Agents list is a bit patchy - a few times it's shown me players that were said to be free agents, but were really draftees of other teams (Sam Carrier of the Capitals, for instance) that were not signed to an NHL contract. I was unable to offer him a contract, but he was still in the list of Free Agents (despite having "FA" next to his name)
Carrier's actually a database error - he didn't sign with the Caps and is attending McGill this year, and had been removed from his QMJHL team but not moved onto the McGill roster yet, and was mistakenly left with Caps rights despite being a UFA with no team. I've updated him now, no NHL rights and on the proper team.

Quote:
-Trade news entry subjects are usually wrong - if an NHL player is traded for rights to younger players or draft picks, it says, "Calgary swaps Stempniak with Pittsburgh for Stempniak". Sometimes when the rights to a player are "first" in the trade, the subject line just says "Chicago Trades to Dallas for Jokipakka" (notice three empty spaces)
Yeah, both are known bugs, but the amount of work it'll take to fix them hasn't gotten them prioritized over more serious and/or easier-to-fix issues yet. But they'll get corrected.

Quote:
-Checkboxes in the "News Subscription Settings" box below the Manager News box doesn't update subscriptions. You must do this through some Manager menu
I think we'll just wind up removing that, it's redundant with the menu on the other page anyhow, and would allow more news to be displayed.

Quote:
-This is more picky, but the filter dialog is incredibly cumbersome. Checkboxes, can you put those near each other? I shouldn't need to move the mouse ALL the way across the dialog in order to check/uncheck each one. Filtering by position should be easy. Also, the other filter options are very spaced out and the controls to increase/decrease/change those values are tiny on the screen unless you're using a machine with 1024x768 resolution
Can you show me a screenshot of what you're seeing? I get the same-sized spacing and filter box regardless of resolution and windowed/fullscreen settings.

Quote:
-Drag and drop from the active roster to the lineups at the bottom of the screen is wonky - sometimes it works, other times it doesnt. No visual indication if you've "grabbed" a player to drop them in. Also I can't "swap" players, can only "copy" them which also becomes cumbersome.
It's actually the 5-on-5 lines that weren't allowing swapping, the power play ones were doing it properly - fixed in the next patch.

Quote:
-Also nit-picky, but seems like players complain about not getting enough playing time way too often. Dennis Wideman was my #2 defenseman, and even before he started complaining he was on just about every top line as a defenseman. Two days later after I noticed he wasn't happy, he was injured - because I think I had him out on the ice for close to 30-35 minutes a game.

-Which, is another point. Defenseman get injured like crazy. They might need their own injury algorithm or something because it's not unusual for topline defenseman to play 25-30 minutes a game in certain instances, but I think all of the 8 primary defenseman I used in the season got injured, and at least one of them was injured at all points during the season.
There's no position bias in the injury system, but I'll have a look through the injury histories in some multi-season games to see if there's something odd going on with defencemen.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:51 AM   #515
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherguy75 View Post
There seems to be an issue with how goals against are tabulated on the standings in a custom game. In the pictures I have posted you will see that several teams have a GA of 0. I included Spring Lake as an example of what it should have. I don't know code very well so I have no idea where the issue lies but if you need any more information I will be happy to help.
Strange, haven't seen that before, but we'll take a look.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #516
gimpygus
Bat Boy

I can't sign players to contract extensions during the regular season or before the july first free angency so I lose a bunch of players. Alson its july first now and I cant sign any free agents. My offer contract button is white and I cant click on it.
gimpygus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #517
jh95
All Star Starter

Rights to draft picks lost after change to new draft system

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

I know this might be a duplicate.
But it is really bugging me in the historic mode.
When the type of draft is changed, e.g. from 1991-92 to 1992-93, the rights to owned or owed draft picks are gone.
The draft picks of all teams are reset to having all ist own picks.
This should not be difficult:
Just match ownership of the draft picks from old to new type one by one.

Workaround for me: I can manually change at least my draft picks via "Commissoner Mode".

If it is currently too difficult to be implemented it should be at least part of FHM 2015.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #518
gimpygus
Bat Boy

This game makes no sense, how can Carey Price go from 9.0 to 8.0 after 1 year ? he is 26 years old and was the best goalie in the league. So many players got worse after my team was 5th overall in the league. The only players who got better were on my top line (only the forwards) none of my defense got better only worse.
gimpygus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #519
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh95 View Post
Historic Mode (1.3.13):

I know this might be a duplicate.
But it is really bugging me in the historic mode.
When the type of draft is changed, e.g. from 1991-92 to 1992-93, the rights to owned or owed draft picks are gone.
The draft picks of all teams are reset to having all ist own picks.
This should not be difficult:
Just match ownership of the draft picks from old to new type one by one.

Workaround for me: I can manually change at least my draft picks via "Commissoner Mode".

If it is currently too difficult to be implemented it should be at least part of FHM 2015.
I'll see if we can transfer them like that, but a better alternative might be to have the trade menus use the draft rules for the correct future season (if they're going to change), rather than the current one.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #520
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

I just noticed that the "Contract" filter in the Roster Overview screen is showing "Normal Player" as the role for everyone on my roster, despite players having Core, Backup and Decent Young Player roles.