Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 10-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #461
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Goaltenders not pulled even when shelled

I have just completed the first season of regular NHL game, and noticed that goalies were never pulled, even in games when they give up 5 goals in 1st period. Also, when my goalie was injured at 6 minute mark of the game, it still did not show any stats for the replacement goalie.

This does not seem very realistic.
will.arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #462
mora
Bat Boy

contracts

I have played in "Allsvenskan" (swedish second league) and I have encounted a couple of things.

- I can contract highly skilled player with a salary of 50000 a year. They say they are not intrested in further negotiations but when I submit an offer they always accept.

- When I starting a new game the trading deadline is set to 31/1-2014. But when the next season starts you canīt trade or buy any player from another team. Itīs like you have forgot to set a new date the next season.

Sorry if my english and grammar are not correct.
mora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #463
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mora View Post
-When I starting a new game the trading deadline is set to 31/1-2014. But when the next season starts you canīt trade or buy any player from another team. Itīs like you have forgot to set a new date the next season.

Sorry if my english and grammar are not correct.
No, I understood, and yes, something is going wrong there - and the same thing is happening in the SHL as well. We'll get it fixed.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #464
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Jeff, how about the Mac screen issue that hasn't been fixed yet?
Old 10-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #465
jh95
All Star Starter

Small bug

Historic Mode:
It is impossible to remove a Player from the Shortlist in the Manager Home Screen (via right mouse-click option).
Nothing happens when option selected.

Also the right-mouse-click option in the list of Free Agents to add a player to Shortlist does not work.

Last edited by jh95; 10-23-2013 at 03:37 PM.
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #466
jh95
All Star Starter

Another one

Historic Mode:
Trade Deadline stays on the date of the first season played for all following seasons. So trading is possible at any time.
Example:
Started in 1988 -> Trade Deadline: February 27th, 1989 -> Is not updated in the following seasons.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #467
jh95
All Star Starter

Next one

Historic Mode:
It is impossible to change "News Subscription Settings" in the "Manager News".
Always all types of Messages are shown.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #468
jh95
All Star Starter

Awards

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

NHL -> Awards -> Skater Awards:
- "Best Defensive Forward" is not determined for any season (1988 to 1994).

NHL -> Awards -> Goalie Awards:
- "Goalie Of The Year" is not awarded in any season (1988 to 1994).

NHL -> Awards -> Misc Awards:
- "MVP", "Playoff MVP", "Rookie of the Year" and "GM of the Year" are not awarded.

"Coach of the Year" does not exists as an award in current version.

Also I am missing any Information about a Stanley Cup won by player. No info in the "Career Stats" or the "History" of a player about the seasons in which the player won a Stanley Cup(s).

Last edited by jh95; 10-23-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #469
jh95
All Star Starter

Alexei Zhamnov

Historic Mode (1.3.13):
Selected draft settings: Draft on, Generate at 17 off.
July 1st, 1993:
Alexei Zhamnov, 22, appeared for the first time in the list of "Free Agents".
But he cannot be signed and no team owns his rights.
In the edit mode I see that his status is "Free" and not as it should be "NHL".
Then he can be signed as an free agent.
But the real question should be why can he not be selected in an Entry Draft?
Most foreign (especially russian players) which are over 20 are "dead meat" and cannot be signed or drafted in the Historic Mode with the settings mentioned above.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #470
jh95
All Star Starter

Customizations rest

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

All changes manully done on teams, e.g. changing the Nickname from "LAK" to "L.A." are reset after the end of a season (exactly on change from 30.06. to 01.07.)
Old 10-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #471
jh95
All Star Starter

Transaction Reports

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

In the Team "Transaction Report" no draft picks acquired from or trade to are displayed. So a trade of player for a pick is not correctly displayed.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #472
jh95
All Star Starter

Team Record

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

In the main screen below the name of a team the current record is shown.
It has does not show ties for teams.
Example:
My team has 6 wins, 6 losses and 2 ties.
The record shown is "Los Angeles 6-6-0".
Old 10-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #473
jh95
All Star Starter

Trade problem

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

I offer Player X one day before the 1979 Expansion Draft in a trade to Vancouver.
Player X is taken by Winnipeg in the 1979 Expansion Draft.
The day after Vancouver accepts the trade offered one day before the Expansion draft.
I complete the trade and Player X is removed from Winnipeg and added to Vancouver.

The correct thing would be that that the trade is automatically cancelled in the moment Winnipeg picks Player X in the Expansion Draft (with a message being send to the teams involved).
Old 10-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #474
will.arnold
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wrong playoff matchups

(version 1.3.13)
Regular NHL season. The team that won its division is ranked 2nd in standings, but had less points than 2nd place team from other division in its conference. The playoff matchups ended up based on the team points not on their correct standings. The division winner should be seeded 2nd and play the 7th best team in the first round of playoffs.
will.arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #475
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by will.arnold View Post
(version 1.3.13)
Regular NHL season. The team that won its division is ranked 2nd in standings, but had less points than 2nd place team from other division in its conference. The playoff matchups ended up based on the team points not on their correct standings. The division winner should be seeded 2nd and play the 7th best team in the first round of playoffs.
You sure? Sounds a lot like the "old" system. Realignment brought this too:
Quote:
Seeding of the wild-card teams within each divisional playoff will be determined on the basis of regular-season points. The division winner with the most points in the conference will be matched against the wild-card team with the fewest points; the division winner with the second-most points in the conference will play the wild-card team with the second-fewest points.

The teams finishing second and third in each division will play in the first round of the playoffs. The winners of each opening-round series will play for berths in the conference championship series.

The winners of the conference championships advance to the Stanley Cup Final.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #476
jh95
All Star Starter

Traded draft picks

Historic Mode (1.3.13):

I started the game in 1978 and I trade away my 1st in 1979 and 2nd round picks in the 1980 draft.
At the start of 1979 season (on July 1st, 1979) I have them back and it seems that I never traded the picks away.
The problem seems to me that type of draft changed from 1978 to 1979.
I traded away picks of Draft Type A and in 1979 I get new picks for Draft Type B.
This might be a problem in all seasons where a new draft type is used.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #477
gosens
Minors (Single A)

Records, history, stats display issues

Good progress on the game recently, and I was waiting to post this hoping that some would be dealt with once the Shutouts were fixed. But since they are still outstanding I will post them now. Hopefully a lot of these are "easy" but in any event:

Team history: Playoff appearances not marked with an 'X', and Finish is not recorded. (accordingly, the "count" of playoff appearances does not change.)

Awards: Retired players often disappear from the awards display. One of two issues: the correct name appears, but is linked to a wrong record; or the wrong name with dreadfully wrong stats appear as the award winner. Sometimes a nobody with 0 goals would be listed for the goal scorer award, replacing the real winner.

Player history: Yearly transactions appear to be erased. Injuries stay on a player's history record into future seasons, as do awards, but not transactions.

Spelling error: the Leaderboards still have "Assists" displayed as "Assits" !!

Leaderboards: Season leader lists (clicking the Season link from the leaderboards) are not displayed.

Season stats: clicking on a season in league history to the season stats page: Some seasons (historic leagues from 1947 to 1993) do not display the standings.

Season stats: no apparent way to view a year's playoff tree other than the current year.

Season stats: this page (among numerous others) could definitely use next year / previous year buttons. I've posted about almanac suggestions previously (as have others) but this is one of the most glaring needs along with team stats having the same feature.

Playoffs, history screens having issues with the "Could not create personnel_pics folder!" error and black background screen again. Also on the player Ratings screen.

Leaderboards loading/compiling: With the forward/back navigation being so difficult, it is that much more problematic that the leaderboards need to compile the screen each time it is called, for either skaters or goalies, when you go back and forth to this screen. When there are a lot of years of data or a lot of teams, it becomes a nuisance to load those screens 20 times for the same data. I suggest using some sort of cache so they only need to be compiled once, until you resume with playing another game.

League History: listing the newest season on top, rather than on the bottom, would be more intuitive as when we check it, we want to see the most recent champions without having to scroll down. Same as for team history. It is correctly newest-on-top on the Awards screen so it would add consistency to reverse the sort on the league and team history screens.

HNN / League News: Not including the HNN articles in the league news is confusing. Until very recently (and I've been playing the game since the mid betas) I didn't even realise there was a separate HNN page since it's under the Game menu. I was always looking for the season preview, player poll etc. in the league news and it wasn't there.

League home screen: similar to the HNN/League news, when viewing HNN articles on the League Home Screen in the League News pane, it is always cut off and there is no ability to scroll through the rest of the article.

Player history: adding championship victories to players' awards screen would be helpful.

League history: adding the team defeated in the finals would be helpful - I know this has been requested previously.

Historic league, 2006-07 no Stanley Cup was awarded. The season took place but I can't see what happened with the playoffs as I can't get to the playoff tree. Player stats suggest there were no playoffs.

It seems that many of these would be easy changes/fixes and would increase the enjoyment quite a bit for history watchers like me. Thanks!
gosens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #478
gopherguy75
Bat Boy

Custom Game

My favorite part of this game and ootp is the custom game feature, creating my own leagues, teams, etc... I have decent one going right now but sometimes when I go to sim a day it closes with no explanation. Just thought I would let you guys know... keep up the good work, I do enjoy the game so far...
gopherguy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #479
Hob
Bat Boy

Patch 1.3.13 normal mode.

In shoot out very often the other team gets one shot less. For example, after no goals on the first 6 shots, the team that shoots first scores, but the other team doesnt get to tie the shootout after that.. kinda annoyning.

This probably isn't a bug, but it's annoying also. When your player is injured, like for a couple of days. You have to readjust your lineup even though he can play in the next game.. can't simuate forward when you have injured player, or empty spots in lineup.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #480
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Salary obligations is based totally wrong. Makes no sense. Defense and offense are not filtered . 3 times the same Player Overview. Total player salaries are thus incorrectly aggregated

If you press with the mouse on "total forwards" or total defensman", comes to the profile of Luke Adam of Rochester. häää?

Last edited by djskek; 10-26-2013 at 01:19 PM.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote