Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #281
sleevie
Bat Boy

In v0.9 build 56 playing in EPIHL

1. News about player signings do not contain proper body text but instead contain message "#ERROR: TEXT CATEGORY::get_text() didn't find a text object for category 4"

2. Offering contracts to players works fine prior to season start, but after first game is played the Submit Offer button will always be greyed out even if player accepts offer. Computer teams sign players during this period, giving them a decided advantage.
sleevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #282
springbankcanada
Bat Boy

players missing from draft

Playing a historical league, NHL, starting in 1972. Rookie draft worked fine for 1973 but the 1974 and 1975 draft screens were blank when it came time to draft for those seasons. Rookies show up in the free agent screen instead with no way to sign/interact with them.

Using an iMac 27" core i5's 12 gig ram, OS 10.8.4
springbankcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #283
Jon
Bat Boy

The commentary and play by play does not work at all.

It shows error messages repeatedly.

It is by far the worst I have ever seen in a "released" game.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #284
sawchuk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Head Coach

OK; so started with the Senators (Ottawa NHL) - my GM shows as the Head Coach?
sawchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #285
sawchuk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Manual?

Is there a manual for FHM - I paid ~$45 for this product and get it's new BUT that being said - am used to OOTP - the depth/detail looks great - from a potential perspective just the actual doesn't seem to be there yet; ie: Scouts/Personnel, setting finances, etc... doesn't seem to be there yet - hence am feeling a little ripped off;

I also find the AI on trades a bit weak and limited unlike with OOTP;
sawchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #286
giammarcor
Bat Boy

Time to wait it out...

I think it's time to put this game away for a while and wait until all the bugs are worked out. There's still so many bugs that need to be fixed and the few that I've encountered haven't even been recognized here yet. Oh well, back to DKSports until OOTP gets it's act together.
giammarcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #287
Smetana
All Star Starter

Noted problems with ice time:

Individual players' icetime is not being calculated properly on a game-by-game basis, i.e. not totaling the proper number of minutes for the entire team.

Also, on the lines screen, you can change the ice time assignments per line, but the computer ignores these directions and runs the lines as it sees fit in game.
Smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #288
Batigol47
Bat Boy

I have a blank trade to the Ducks that will not clear. This prevents any sim to next game occurring. Also had two Bruins (Seguin and Marchand) suffer career ending injuries in one season. I know it could happen, but wow, also need a LTIR to compensate for those instances.
Batigol47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:02 AM   #289
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Year 2 with NJD, right before start of 2014 season...during free agency the salary cap went up 70+ million and now a day before the regular season it went down to 64.3?!
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #290
Radsmats
Minors (Double A)

Draft pick, Garry Unger gets no respect & more

Using 1.03, playing a historical game (1967/68)

I traded for two teams' first round draft picks (Oakland and Pittsburgh). The trades appeared to go through OK (they showed up in the news and those picks were available in my trade screens afterwards), but on draft day, Oakland picked second and Pittsburgh fourth. Huh?

Scouting does not work. I cannot change any scouts assignments, and they never send me messages. This was reported in beta.

Garry Unger keeps getting negative SH minutes played, so he's showing up with scorelines like 1 G, -1, 3 TA, 1 GA in 0:50 played (5:40 at even strength, 1:04 on the PP and -5:... SH ... the minus sign preventing the seconds from showing up). It's a really intense 0:50, mind you, but not right.

Goal result (939) is showing up in the PBP on two lines, so:
Ellis scores! (
939)
**Note** That may not be the exact wording of the result, but the (
939) part is.

When I swap goalies between periods, the sub doesn't get credit for GP, so I had Bruce Gamble at 3 GP and 200 minutes.

Of these, only the trading of draft picks is a real big problem, but when you trade away six or seven OK players to get a chance at signing top draft picks and it doesn't happen, it ruins the 15 or so hours that go into running the season.

One annoying thing: It's still really hard to pick up players in the lines setup screen to drag them into the lineup. Shouldn't be that fiddley.

Overall, a really good product, especially for its first season, but still feels like it's in beta, honestly. Thanks and looking forward to a polished, finished hockey manager.
Radsmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #291
AlArenal
Bat Boy

"Klick or press ESC to stop sim" does not work. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

FHM 1.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.8.5
AlArenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #292
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

1.0.3 ...

Home advantage seems to be too great ... and needs a tweak

Starting in Historical, 1947 ... I've yet to see a team with a winning road record.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #293
mhaas12
Bat Boy

Players drafted away from NHL Teams in Amateur Draft

I'm conducting the first amateur draft in my custom NHL league, and a player who was on my roster for the whole first season, was on a three-year entry level contract, and was on my protected list, was drafted 5th overall by another team. The subsequent two picks were players drafted away from the LA Kings and Montreal Canadiens, respectively. Obviously frustrating to lose contracted, rostered, protected prospects to other teams in the Amateur draft.
mhaas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #294
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
Year 2 with NJD, right before start of 2014 season...during free agency the salary cap went up 70+ million and now a day before the regular season it went down to 64.3?!
Confirmed this now - every off-season it goes up to 70.3 then on the first day of the regular season it drops down to 64.3. I know it's allowed to go above the cap during the off-season but still this is pretty confusing.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #295
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I can't start in "historical mode". When I click "New historical game" in start-menu nothing happens, like if there's no code behind the button. All other buttons works fine. Any ideas? Reinstallation didn't help.
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #296
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelt View Post
I can't start in "historical mode". When I click "New historical game" in start-menu nothing happens, like if there's no code behind the button. All other buttons works fine. Any ideas? Reinstallation didn't help.
When you did the reinstall ... did you delete any left over folders in Program Files and anything in Documents for FHM?
Old 09-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #297
kelt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
When you did the reinstall ... did you delete any left over folders in Program Files and anything in Documents for FHM?
deleted everything in "program files", reinstalled into different folder... didn't find anything in "documents", where to search, sir?
kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #298
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
1.0.3 ...

Home advantage seems to be too great ... and needs a tweak

Starting in Historical, 1947 ... I've yet to see a team with a winning road record.
Hmmm maybe my expectations are simply off

I went through historical standings for the decades of the 40's and 50s ... and it seems a losing record on the road was the norm

Final NHL Standings 1949-50
Final NHL Standings 1953-54
Old 09-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #299
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelt View Post
deleted everything in "program files", reinstalled into different folder... didn't find anything in "documents", where to search, sir?
From memory

<<My Documents>>\Out of the Park Developments\
Old 09-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #300
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

I play on windows 7 with the new patch 1.0.3
the game crashes when I try and take players off injured reserve or when I try and go to protected players and contract max and injured reserve so I cant even get out of oct of the first season. I have heard nothing about a new patch,have not seen the devs even aknowledge most of these problems,first they release a game that doesn't work then a patch that they say fixes so much yet did nothing to fix most of the problems then they just disappear and no word about anything
talk about garbage customer service

Last edited by JustBlazin; 09-16-2013 at 05:17 PM.
JustBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote