Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #201
tfong
Minors (Single A)

Trade Bug Defaulting to Other teams and no trade working

Everytime I'm in the trade windows it defaults my team to a random KHL team (Usually the Medicikal Admirals or something that).

Edit: With that being said, it looks like trades no longer work. Or rather I can send the offers through but teams don't reply or anything at all anymore. I'll upload the save in a sec.

Edit: Uploaded as: Detroit - Terence Sept. 8, 2013

So what is different? This was my original game that I was stuck and couldn't sim past the 2nd season start, so I resigned the game, simmed the first day then assigned myself back to the team. All went well for the next 2 seasons bug free.

This season I made a trade offer, and it showed up twice in my news log. If u need to go look for the event it should be listed as...

Detroit Red Wings trade LW Chris Connolly to Boston Bruins.

Naturally I didn't think anything of it, but then everytime I go into the trade screen it defaults me to Medescak Zagreb.

I've made offers since then and none go anywhere, the teams just don't reply back. But if I make a trade offer for a player, their offer shows up, its like they are just caught in a jam and can't process. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Connolly trade showing up twice in the news. If i go back in the history, the button is highlighted still but no options available after clicking (since I accepted in the first offer).
tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #202
BlockRocker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Free Agent Crash

I am a PC user using the new patch and I can't get past June 30, 2014.
The game crashes on every attempt to get to July 1. It is a regular game and I am playing as Florida. Do I have any options? Should I even bother trying a new season? Is there another patch coming that can fix this problem?
The game seems solid but I am a little bummed about the crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!
BlockRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #203
doerksen
Bat Boy

Player info in game

Does not allow me to see any info regarding players while playing a game. It does not matter what filter I have on. Would like to see tired levelness of players and maybe a rating of how they are playing in between periods and while playing.
doerksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #204
ThePerfectDecoy
Bat Boy

just seeing if there is any way to post a crash thats not and insanely confusing as what is linked in these posts
i just got another crash where i can't get past the date of dec.1.2013
using the brand new build 1.0.3 and playing minimal leagues (just nhl and ahl)

still looking to complete that elusive first season
ThePerfectDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #205
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePerfectDecoy View Post
just seeing if there is any way to post a crash thats not and insanely confusing as what is linked in these posts
i just got another crash where i can't get past the date of dec.1.2013
using the brand new build 1.0.3 and playing minimal leagues (just nhl and ahl)

still looking to complete that elusive first season
If you want to post it on dropbox or another filesharing site and PM me the link, I can get it from there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #206
SharksAttack
Minors (Single A)

Not a big deal, but expansion teams in historical league gets their IRL records at the expansion.
SharksAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #207
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
I can't offer money to FAs.

Budget: 72 million.
Payroll: 56 million
Money for FAs: -1.7 million.
Money for extensions: 38 million (!!??)
Cap hits: 54 million
Salary Cap Spare: 15 million

I have no open offers.

WTF?
The extension amount may be correct, since it includes money that will be freed up by contracts that expire in the current year. The rest is definitely off, though. What league/year/team is this happening to you with?
Old 09-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #208
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockRocker View Post
I am a PC user using the new patch and I can't get past June 30, 2014.
The game crashes on every attempt to get to July 1. It is a regular game and I am playing as Florida. Do I have any options? Should I even bother trying a new season? Is there another patch coming that can fix this problem?
The game seems solid but I am a little bummed about the crashes. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!
Can you upload the file so we can take a look at that? There's another post about a June 30 crash, but I want to make sure they're not caused by different things. Link to the upload instructions in the first post.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #209
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip View Post
This was my setup:
Coaching: Boston Bruins
Playable Leagues: North American Leagues (including Canadian Juniors)
Commisioner mode: off

I have tried to conduct the draft many times and I have had no luck, a crash each time. Any other information I can provide to help fix?
Still can't get it to repeat when using those settings. Could you upload the save for us to look at? (Link to directions in the first post.)
Old 09-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #210
Hallsy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Having troubles trying to trade players off my team, I can put other teams players and can only offer money for them. Also I am still missing Historic drafts but i have expansions drafts every season even though if i don't click off the expansion drafts checkbox and at the expansion drafts the game crashes on me even though I have downloaded the new patch......

and I am a Mac user.

Last edited by Hallsy; 09-09-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Hallsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:17 AM   #211
BryceG
Bat Boy

Crash Build 3

Playing Custom league and did a initial draft now I cannot sim past Sept 18, 2013 without the game crashing?

Regards,
Bryce
BryceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #212
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

First off, let me say thanks for this monumental effort. I know creating a game of this complexity isn't easy, so thanks.

Secondly, I am a computer idiot. So knowing that, here is the crash report from my program files. I am playing as St. Louis 1987. I made a trade offer to the Bruins in which I asked for picks in return for players. Could this be the problem? Have also signed two free agents and released players to keep protected list at 50. Can't get past Sept 27th, 1987:

+++EDIT+++ after reading through the bug reports, realised I'm not the first to experience the game crashing when including two (or more?) draft picks.

Startup - settings.dat found!
Startup - Start game-start process!
Startup - First start!
Startup - Everything good!
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_InstallEngineFromResource returned 0x20010000 (SDK_LATEST_ENGINE_ALREADY_INSTALLED)
Successfully run ESELLERATE_eSellerInstall
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_ValidateActivation returned 0x20050001 (VALIDATEACTIVATION_MACHINE_MATCH)
Startup - Still good!
Startup - Start finished, load Startscreen!
Startup - Startscreen begin!
Startup - Start process successfull!
GetTradeValueDraftPick (Round: 3, Boston Bruins (NHL Entry Draft (81-91))) - No Pick Value
GetTradeValueDraftPick (Round: 3, Boston Bruins (NHL Entry Draft (81-91))) - No Pick Value
GetTradeValueDraftPick (Round: 9, Boston Bruins (NHL Entry Draft (81-91))) - No Pick Value
GetTradeValueDraftPick (Round: 9, Boston Bruins (NHL Entry Draft (81-91))) - No Pick Value

Last edited by HockeyHippie; 09-09-2013 at 11:00 AM.
HockeyHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #213
Recoilius
Bat Boy

After the Stanley Cup is finished, the News article says

"This was the team number champions championship for the Rangers.

and two lines below that.

New York finished the season with a record of team record num and ranked team division position in the team division.

And twice in the News it says New York swept the Finals when they won 4-2 and 4-1, but Calgary, who won it the year before New York, won 4 -1 and it is correct it that News article.

Last edited by Recoilius; 09-09-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Recoilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #214
lwing37
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My Crash Report

Here's my crash report when trying to auto-play to a certain date:

Startup - settings.dat found!
Startup - Start game-start process!
Startup - Everything good!
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_InstallEngineFromResource returned 0x20010000 (SDK_LATEST_ENGINE_ALREADY_INSTALLED)
Successfully run ESELLERATE_eSellerInstall
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_ValidateActivation returned 0x20050001 (VALIDATEACTIVATION_MACHINE_MATCH)
Startup - Still good!
Startup - Start finished, load Startscreen!
Startup - Startscreen begin!
Startup - Start process successfull!
SimGame - Away Lineup Open Spot () - September 6th, 2013

***Sim seems to be stuck on Sept. 6, 2013*** Crashes whenever I try to save it to that date.

Last edited by lwing37; 09-09-2013 at 11:49 AM.
lwing37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #215
RagingBullwinkle55
Minors (Single A)

Can't Sim First Game of Season in Historical Mode

I have the newest patch applied to my game. Starting a season in Historical mode with the 1993 NY Rangers. I set my lineups. My first opponent is Boston. I click on "Play Game Against Boston" and the game crashes. This happens over and over each time I try it. I'm on a PC running Windows 7. In previous versions before the new patch I had no problems playing this particular game against Boston with the '93 Rangers. I was able to sim through the game to my next opponent Tampa Bay. The Tampa Bay game played without a glitch. Must just be something with that first Boston game.

Last edited by RagingBullwinkle55; 09-09-2013 at 12:36 PM.
RagingBullwinkle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #216
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

Great update Jeff! All you're hard work is greatly appreciated

Couple things I've noticed in 1.03

1) goalie W-L-T numbers are still incorrect in my game, even after starting fresh with the new patch. Won a game in a shootout and Jimmy Howard didn't get the W.

2) This one is small potatoes, but some days of the month read 21th, or 23th. That's low priority, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks for everything, hope this is helpful!
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #217
lwing37
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Another Crash Issue

Game crashes whenever I click on "Edit League." I am done until the bugs are worked out...the game is completely unstable at this time. I hope you can resolve all the crashes/bugs because if it's anything like OOTP Baseball it will be awesome. Just disappointed right now.

Last edited by lwing37; 09-09-2013 at 11:59 AM.
lwing37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #218
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I just had to manually re-start my computer while FHM was running ... can't start the saved games anymore, no chance to work around that one
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #219
giammarcor
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
Hi,

On the trade screen, underneath the boxes in the top right that show what's being offered, there should be a drop down list. From there, you can select to view and add either players, rights or draft picks to a trade.

Thanks Craig, for some reason, my drop down only shows Trade Players and Trade Rights. No Draft Picks....very strange.
giammarcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #220
Zyllyx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Resigning players to two-way deals

I have prospect players in my AHL system that I want to resign to two-way deals at the end of a season; however, when I click the two-way deal box it auto-fills the minors salary with the NHL deal salary, and I can't go below it.
Zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote