Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile Post your OOTP 13 impressions here!

So, how do you like it so far? We'd love to have your feedback in this thread

Thanks!
Markus + Crew
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Love RTS
SMFXR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
pelchat22
Minors (Single A)

a single word: WOWW
pelchat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
It looks sleek, it's fast.

The new features (RTS, League associations) Seem to work relatively well. Sure there's some theeting that needs to be done, thing that need to be adjusted, but it's a great release.

Definitely worth the money.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Also just love the look and feel of the redesigned screens
SMFXR01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
pelchat22
Minors (Single A)

Just 1 thing that you can add: During a game...in the text..just add the number of double,triple,home run he had.

Ex: Guerrero hit is home run number 7 of the season! Oh Adam Lind hit his double number 5 of the season

U know what i mean :P SOrry for by bad english
pelchat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
hopeful1212
Major Leagues

All three skins are very nice. In 10, 11, and 12 I didn't really care for 2 of the skins, but I can really see using any of them in 13. Real-time sim looks really good at first glance.
hopeful1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

It's the first version that has tempted me to switch versions mid-season in our online league. We won't, but it's sorely tempting.

I have had more fun playing around with this version than any I've played since discovering OOTP in late 2002.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
LarryP
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't like it at all so far. Video problems, picture problems, fullscreen problems. This is the first of several years that I have said such.

I would have been happier with a roster update for OOTP12.

UPDATE: After playing for a while longer and figuring some things out, it's looking much better than at first. Playing in windowed mode is less of a problem than full screen. Solved the picture problem. Updated my video card, but still in full screen mode, the game won't go back into itself after going to the web site here. It flounders pretty bad and I have to use Task Manager to close it.

Last edited by LarryP; 04-06-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Played a lot more.
LarryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
It's the first version that has tempted me to switch versions mid-season in our online league. We won't, but it's sorely tempting.
Do it. Do it. Do it.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
I don't like it at all so far. Video problems, picture problems, fullscreen problems. This is the first of several years that I have said such.

I would have been happier with a roster update for OOTP12.
Please PM me with your problems, this should not be happening as in this area we did not do any real changes. None of our testers had problems either...
Old 04-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Do it. Do it. Do it.
I can wait. We're near the end of July, and by the time the playoffs are done, we'll have a couple of nice patches, too.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
Jaset7
Bat Boy

OOTP 13 is the best version yet in my opinion! The new UI is fantastic, the skins look great, and RTS is groundbreaking! Thank you guys for allways having your customers back! It's the reason I have purchased every version of OOTP, and will continue to purchase until you stop releasing new versions! Hopefully that won't happen for 40 years or so Haha!
Jaset7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus heinsohn View Post
do it. Do it. Do it. :d
do it!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #15
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

So far it's all good. As someone else put it, the new UI is so smooth that it's "slicker than greased cat****."
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.

Last edited by The Wolf; 04-06-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: K
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Just noticed on the player history screen, a listing of all their career finishes at or near the top of the leaderboards, much easier to go through than the old screen. Very nice!
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

At first glance, import went well.

First time I've ever imported during a season since I'm at our first playoff game and wanted to play with the new game screen.

Seems faster to me and there are no words to describe the interface, it is just that well done.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #18
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

So far I'm quite happy with the game, of course I haven't played that much yet.

Took me a little bit to get used to the new menu wich is of course a question of habit, but I find them more practical.

I'm also happy to see that what is on the screen when we play a game doesn't look too small. I was a little bit anxious since I'm one of those with a small screen resolution and I don't need to use fullscreen at all (just need to change the option to hide the task bar).

I haven't encounter any apparent bug or crash.

Seem that we have another great first day release as it was the case with OOTP 12.

My only "deception" is that we are unable to limit the number of players available for the initial draft for the random database. But it's because I play 19th century and it is probably not a problem when we start in 1901.

Last edited by AESP_pres; 04-06-2012 at 03:21 PM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Perfect release date too Markus, bravo sir!

Baseball on TV and playing ootp 13, what a great day!
Old 04-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I wish the green was back in the "classic" skin, but I won't lie.. even without it, it's my favorite skin thus far.