Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #21
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyaces View Post
Hi Andreas,

After running: ./ootp tracemode
Here is the log:

=====
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup Successfully tried to open $USERPREFS/database, using /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config as DMPT_CUST_DATA now
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup Successfully tried to open $USERPREFS/saved_games, using /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config as DMPT_USER_DATA now
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_BASE path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_BASE_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_APP_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/data
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_CUST_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_USER_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 startup This is the DMPT_SAVEDGAMES path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config/saved_games
Mon 29th Jun 07:41 is_user_data_installed Path exists: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config/database
=====

and this is the commandline error I get:

-----
jsingleton@jsingleton-desktop:~/Desktop$ ./ootp10

* Error
* OOTP found that the crashed_on_startup flag is set. Obviously the game crashed when you started it last time. OOTP will reset the graphics settings to default values. You can set them back later in the Game Preferences dialog.
* Press Return

Segmentation fault

-----

Thanks,

Jay
Jay, you can ignore the "OOTP found that the crashed_on_startup flag is set." It just means that OOTP crashed during startup and the graphics settings are reset to default to allow the game to startup in case invalid graphic settings have been set by the user.

Looks like some of your folders are hidden!
Quote:
DMPT_SAVEDGAMES path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/config/saved_games
Note the dot in the path.

I suggest you uninstall OOTP. Then locate these folders and manually delete them (make sure there's only OOTP stuff in them):
/home/jsingleton/Desktop/data
/home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/

Then delete all other OOTP 10 folders and files which you can find and make a full install of OOTP 10 again.

If you have league files which you want to save, search for "world.dat" files to find them and make backup copies of the league folders where they are saved.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #22
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Andreas,

I deleted all the OOTP files and folders, then I reinstalled to /home/jsingleton/Desktop instead of using the default
and I got the same segmentation fault error when trying to launch the game and while trying to launch the patch.

I did another ./ootp tracemode and here is the new ootp.log file:

=====Mon 29th Jun 19:30 startup Successfully tried to open DMPT_BASE_DATA/database, using /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data as DMPT_CUST_DATA now
Mon 29th Jun 19:30 startup Successfully tried to open DMPT_BASE_DATA/saved_games, using /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data as DMPT_USER_DATA now
Mon 29th Jun 19:30 startup This is the DMPT_BASE path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop
Mon 29th Jun 19:30 startup This is the DMPT_BASE_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data
Mon 29th Jun 19:30 startup This is the DMPT_APP_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/data
Mon 29th Jun 19:30 startup This is the DMPT_CUST_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data
Mon 29th Jun 19:30 startup This is the DMPT_USER_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data
Mon 29th Jun 19:30 startup This is the DMPT_SAVEDGAMES path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data/saved_games
Mon 29th Jun 19:30 is_user_data_installed Path exists: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data/database

=====

Thanks,

Jay
Old 06-30-2009, 01:49 AM   #23
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Okay, the next step in the startup procedure would be loading Facegen. Please disable Facegen. Just rename the folder /data/facegen to something else, then try again.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #24
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ok, I renamed /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data/facegen to facegen_bak
then I reran ootp10 and got the same error, here's the ootp.log

=====
Tue 30th Jun 07:35 startup Successfully tried to open DMPT_BASE_DATA/database, using /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data as DMPT_CUST_DATA now
Tue 30th Jun 07:35 startup Successfully tried to open DMPT_BASE_DATA/saved_games, using /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data as DMPT_USER_DATA now
Tue 30th Jun 07:35 startup This is the DMPT_BASE path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop
Tue 30th Jun 07:35 startup This is the DMPT_BASE_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data
Tue 30th Jun 07:35 startup This is the DMPT_APP_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/data
Tue 30th Jun 07:35 startup This is the DMPT_CUST_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data
Tue 30th Jun 07:35 startup This is the DMPT_USER_DATA path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data
Tue 30th Jun 07:35 startup This is the DMPT_SAVEDGAMES path now: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data/saved_games
Tue 30th Jun 07:35 is_user_data_installed Path exists: /home/jsingleton/Desktop/data/database
=====

Jay
Old 06-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #25
Andreas Raht
Administrator

What's the display resolution? The next code is initializing of the graphics.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #26
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Andreas,

I currently have it set at 1440:900(16:10), and I am certainly not tied to any particular resolution if I need to change it.

and thanks for working thru this with me

Jay
Old 07-01-2009, 08:45 AM   #27
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
I got the same segmentation fault error when trying to launch the game and while trying to launch the patch.
You mean, you cannot start the patch installer?

My last idea is to ask you to delete the config/app file. It's in a hidden folder, in your case it should be
/home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/data/config/app. Please delete that file and start OOTP again. Probably it contains wrong settings.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #28
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ok, I deleted the app file from /home/jsingleton/.Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/data/config

then I tried launching the game - same error
then I tried launching the linux patch - same error

i think i was able to get past this point this using the windows version on wine...so worse case is that i can probably just use that version...if u think it's a lost cause.

Thanks,

Jay
Old 07-02-2009, 05:26 AM   #29
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
then I tried launching the linux patch
What do you mean with Linux patch? The patch installer or the patched ootp10? Do you have the patched and the non-patched versions in different folders?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #30
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I get this when I try to launch the unpatched linux version:

jsingleton@jsingleton-desktop:~/Desktop$ ./ootp10
Segmentation fault

I get this when I try to launch the linux patch:
jsingleton@jsingleton-desktop:~/Desktop$ ./ootp10linuxpatch
Segmentation fault
Old 07-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #31
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I only have 1 version on the OS
Old 07-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #32
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Order ID for the licenses

Hi all,

Since I cannot get the linux version to work with my distribution of linux, I am able to successfully install the windows version using Wine, I need an Order ID to move forward with the install, can I get an Order ID with my licenses so I can use the game with Wine ?

Thanks,

Jay
Old 07-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #33
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Nutlaw and Andreas,

Would I somehow need to get my licenses transferred from linux to windows in order to get an Order ID ?
I really don't want to do this, but since we haven't had any success getting the game to work on linux, I don't know any other alternatives.

Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks,

Jay
Old 07-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #34
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello,

I guess I am looking for the best approach in order to begin playing the game. I've been playing since OOTP3 and I am really looking forward to 10. It doesn't seem that I am going to be able to get the linux version running due to this issue.

Since I have had some success using the windows version on wine, that may be the best route, but in order to proceed, I need an Order ID. I also have a virtual XP client that I can use as a fallback, if I encounter additional issues using wine.

I can provide license numbers, reference id's or whatever else is necessary to help me get my licenses transferred.

Please let me know what process I need to go thru to get these licenses transferred, I am certainly not trying to pull anything over on anybody.

Thanks,

Jay
Old 07-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #35
battists
Hall Of Famer

Jonny,

Can you please let me know your e-mail address? I'd like to contact you directly about this issue...

Thanks!

Steve
Old 07-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #36
jonnyaces
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Steve,

Email address is:
jonnyaces@embarqmail.com

Thanks in advance for the help,

Jay
Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #37
battists
Hall Of Famer

Jonny and I worked this out behind the scenes, so I'm going to go ahead and close this out...

Thanks!