Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #41
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vopat View Post
After my import from a OOTP 9 game many of my hard throwing pitchers had their pitching MPH decreased. A 28 year old was throwing 101+ now is maxing out at 94 MPH without any injuries.
Bear in mind, in previous versions, the MPH had pretty much zero impact on the pitching results. Now that it's a much bigger factor, numbers had to be adjusted to keep the pitcher at around the same level of skill overall.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #42
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

And OOTPX has a better radar gun.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:02 PM   #43
HH20xx convert
Minors (Triple A)

A quick scan of the patch release fixes shows this one didn't make the cut for patch #1. I hope we're not looking at hours of manual fixes to get a decent conversion of an OOTP 9 league. That wouldn't be consistent with the great conversions we've had in the past, including 6.5 to 2007/9, when the program changes seemed (to this computer illiterate) far greater. Just because the program is 'working as intended', doesn't mean the conversion is....please give this one a close look. Thanks for reading my comments.
HH20xx convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #44
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

And "working as intended" only means it works as designed by the powers that be. It doesn't mean the design works satisfactory to the end-user.
nyy26wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #45
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Bear in mind, in previous versions, the MPH had pretty much zero impact on the pitching results.

I thought I had read that the MPH was essentially their strikeout rating - the higher the MPH, the more batters they would K.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #46
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH20xx convert View Post
A quick scan of the patch release fixes shows this one didn't make the cut for patch #1.
You are correct - not addressed.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #47
texasmame
All Star Starter

Is it about time to start thinking of issuing refunds to those who can't even use the game due to this unaddressed bug?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #48
clamel
All Star Starter

Have the eager to improve pitching made a mess of this OOTPX ????

The intention is Godsend but obviously many many issues have been messed up what I can hear.

Hopefully the PITCH issue will be No 1 issue for upcoming patches.

Keep up the good patchwork and make us happy.
The game is almost all about pitching , OR
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #49
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

As long as they are denying that there is even a problem, I don't expect there will ever be a fix for this.

The only acknowledgement of a problem here is Markus said that the same player that I showed him, Kevin Millwood, had his OVR look wrong. So, that makes me think that is the problem that is being logged.

Other than that, we just get insistence that this is the way it was intended to work.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #50
clamel
All Star Starter

Denying the problem ????

I canīt believe it.
Markus, havenīt you seen the mess the pitching is in according to many. Thatīs the historical part ....

Pitcher was suppose to get almost correct pitch selections as advertised and this isnīt working in historical leagues obviously.
Several other stuffs concerning the new pitching engine doesnīt seam to work either. Lots of threads around the forum points to this.
This was the heavyweight thing in the new X version, wasnīt it ???

Iīm looking forward to see this 90% fixed very soon.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #51
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy26wc View Post
As long as they are denying that there is even a problem, I don't expect there will ever be a fix for this.

The only acknowledgement of a problem here is Markus said that the same player that I showed him, Kevin Millwood, had his OVR look wrong. So, that makes me think that is the problem that is being logged.

Other than that, we just get insistence that this is the way it was intended to work.
Well, it is in the logged issues section here. My understanding of this section was that it was saying, "Yeah, this is a problem and it's on the list to be fixed."

That's good, but it's such a MAJOR issue, I really feel it should have been done in one of the first two patches.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #52
nyy26wc
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
Well, it is in the logged issues section here. My understanding of this section was that it was saying, "Yeah, this is a problem and it's on the list to be fixed."
The only acknowledgement, by the powers that be, in this thread that there is a problem was this comment by Markus--

"Now regarding Millwood, there seems to be a problem with overall ratings at times. It is being looked into."

I think we need to take him at his word. So, that means the problem that was logged and being looked into is some times there is a problem with OVR.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #53
texasmame
All Star Starter

Fix or refund, guys.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #54
battists
Hall Of Famer

I'm currently in the middle of conversations about this issue with Markus. I'll let you know if I have anything to add!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:40 AM   #55
clamel
All Star Starter

I found another strange thing.
In old version one could change pitches just by clicking in a new pitch or change.

In OOTPX I tried this with a test run for Mariano Rivera.
In the master.csv I changed to having him throwing a cutter as first pitch and a fastball as second.
It came out as a sinker and a curve.

I tried editing by filling in the same values he got for those sinker,curve to a cutter and fastball in EDITOR.

Saved and looked again. In the first view of Rivera is still is a sinker and a curve, BUT opening the editor I see my new settings cutter and fastball.

What is it then... If one canīt changed a devastating wrong after import I think the problem is more the HUGE.

OOTP9 had pitche selection as a eye candy, but now we must believe it plays into the game. If so one MUST be able to edit whatever pitches a player used in real life.

This must be made known to Markus ASAP, and he only put emphasis on fictional players then he might drop it.
BUT IF NOT, this must be attended to in a patch for this version, not waiting for OOTP11.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #56
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
I found another strange thing.
In old version one could change pitches just by clicking in a new pitch or change.

In OOTPX I tried this with a test run for Mariano Rivera.
In the master.csv I changed to having him throwing a cutter as first pitch and a fastball as second.
It came out as a sinker and a curve.

I tried editing by filling in the same values he got for those sinker,curve to a cutter and fastball in EDITOR.

Saved and looked again. In the first view of Rivera is still is a sinker and a curve, BUT opening the editor I see my new settings cutter and fastball.

What is it then... If one canīt changed a devastating wrong after import I think the problem is more the HUGE.

OOTP9 had pitche selection as a eye candy, but now we must believe it plays into the game. If so one MUST be able to edit whatever pitches a player used in real life.

This must be made known to Markus ASAP, and he only put emphasis on fictional players then he might drop it.
BUT IF NOT, this must be attended to in a patch for this version, not waiting for OOTP11.

Clamel, can you please report this in a separate thread? It's very important that we keep separate issues separately so they don't get lost!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #57
clamel
All Star Starter

I put some import-export info and info on this problem in Gambs thread.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...correctly.html

The testresult of import-export rosters and itīs effect on the only way to change pitch selection is especially interresting.

As I see it the database import is very important to work since the possibly changing the selection is very hard to do.

We actually have a double problem with pitch selection and pitches.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #58
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
I'm currently in the middle of conversations about this issue with Markus. I'll let you know if I have anything to add!

Thank you.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #59
texasmame
All Star Starter

This is the second most viewed thread in this forum - I'd say this fix is pretty high on the priority list for most folks.

Any update on status?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #60
battists
Hall Of Famer

Paul mentioned earlier that he has some further enhancements to the Mac licensing process for the next build, but Markus is on vacation right now, so the next patch won't be coming out for at least a little while...

Thanks very much,

Steve