Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #81
PaganSkipper
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Mine Sleeps

I'm having the same problem with OS X 10.4.11 However, I can put my system to sleep without having to un/re-licence. It is only when I shut the machine down that I have the problem.

Hope that helps with your hunt for the problem.
PaganSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #82
battists
Hall Of Famer

I have added a FAQ about this issue to our web site.

Note that I didn't see any evidence that uninstalling/reinstalling has any appreciable effect, nor would I recommend messing around with the individual files on the machine.

Last edited by battists; 06-10-2009 at 09:25 PM.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #83
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Good news, I have found and fixed the bug with the help of a few people from this list. So big thanks to all that helped, and a big thanks for everyone who has been patient with what I am sure was an annoying bug.

We have decided to make a pre-patch build to fix this issue. So if you are a mac user with the "re-enter license" bug every time you start please download this:

http://www.ootpsupport.com/mac_fix/OOTP10.app.zip

The best way to install this mini-patch is to use the following steps:
* start the game and unlicense it, then quit
* rename your "OOTP10.app" file to "OOTP10 Installed.app"
* unzip this file to where your "OOTP10.app" file was
* run the game up and enjoy!
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #84
thamolas
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetking View Post
For what it's worth, I finally solved the "can't unlicense" bit. Again, I'm on a Mac using OS X 10.4.11.

I hand edited the ootp10_peds_key file (found in /Applications/Out Of The Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10/data), entering my serial number there under the SERIAL_NUMBER entry. I relaunched the game and still received the "your license has expired" note. When I went to try unlicensing this time, though, it worked. Perhaps OOTP was having trouble reading/working with that file?
Thanks for posting this!
thamolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #85
thamolas
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
Good news, I have found and fixed the bug with the help of a few people from this list. So big thanks to all that helped, and a big thanks for everyone who has been patient with what I am sure was an annoying bug.

We have decided to make a pre-patch build to fix this issue. So if you are a mac user with the "re-enter license" bug every time you start please download this:

Thanks!!!
thamolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #86
jetking
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Super right on! Thanks for diving into this so thoroughly. All us Mac heads (yes, we're allowed to speak for one another ) appreciate the efforts of everyone involved in the fix. This is precisely why I continue to support OOTP - it's a great company that does right by its customers. Oh, and the fact that they make the best darned baseball sim out there doesn't hurt

I'll be installing the patched version tonight and I'll be sure to report back (with good news this time, I'm sure) after I've done so.

Thanks again!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #87
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

This fix seems to work... except if you switch your modem off. While connected online I was able to start, quit, start 5 straight times with no problem. But when I switched off the modem it was back to the "Your license is no longer valid." I experimented alternating between online/offline and 3 straight times I was offline I got the error.

It was my understanding from pisdpaul's post from March that "The need to check in on a regular basis has been removed with the new design."

So is this just a stopgap measure? Or have the terms changed? Or am I missing something here?
Kuttner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #88
battists
Hall Of Famer

This information is now in the FAQ.

Kuttner, I'll ask Paul about your question, thanks.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #89
jetking
Minors (Double A)

A quick note (I hope to have more testing time later tonight)... I just did the install for the pre-patch fix and everything went off just fine. I was able to start the app once with my wireless connection on and once with the connection off no problem. I'll need to restart and/or wake from sleep to test it again, though. I'll post back once I've had a chance to do so.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #90
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

Since the success, encountered a problem

Quote:

I had regular success with the patch through several trials this morning. Then, I did not open the game again for almost 12 hours, and the computer was asleep for a fair chunk of that time. About half an hour ago, after waking the machine up, I tried to get into the game and got the "no longer valid" window . . . but this time with the difference that all I had to do was re-enter my license number, and everything went fine from there . . . no unlicensing needed. I'll keep messing with it--shutting down, etc--and see if I can reproduce this new form of the problem . . . which is a much easier one to deal with, I have to say.

Last edited by Old Reliable; 06-11-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old Reliable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #91
jetking
Minors (Double A)

Well, my machine has slept and I've been able to launch OOTP just fine (i.e., no "expired license" message) with my wireless connection on and off. I'll try again in the morning to see how I fare after the kind of down time that Old Reliable had before encountering the message.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #92
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I'm no Mac-user, but have been following your plight. I hope the worst is over, guys.

Right now, at least, it sure looks like a
Old 06-12-2009, 04:36 AM   #93
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuttner View Post
This fix seems to work... except if you switch your modem off. While connected online I was able to start, quit, start 5 straight times with no problem. But when I switched off the modem it was back to the "Your license is no longer valid." I experimented alternating between online/offline and 3 straight times I was offline I got the error.

It was my understanding from pisdpaul's post from March that "The need to check in on a regular basis has been removed with the new design."

So is this just a stopgap measure? Or have the terms changed? Or am I missing something here?
No it does not need to talk to the internet on startup. What is happening is with your modem turned off it makes your hardware look different to the licensing system. You could try starting the game with the modem offline. When it asks you to license the game select the manually license option.

Then connect to the net, and do the online registration. Then you can disconnect the modem and enter the authorisation code. That way the game never sees your modem and it should work fine.

Can you post back how you get on and give me a little more info about your modem so I can ignore it in future. (if you could email or PM me with the output of ifconfig while you are online that would help too)
Old 06-12-2009, 04:40 AM   #94
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Ok it seems there is something else in there that is time related. However we are moving forward the dialog works and it comes up less often. Leave this with me, I will report back..
Old 06-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #95
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

It was okay this a.m.

Quote:
Ok it seems there is something else in there that is time related. However we are moving forward the dialog works and it comes up less often. Leave this with me, I will report back..
After sleeping overnight (something I try to do now and then), the game worked fine . . . maybe yesterday's problem was a one-timer. I'll keep at it.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #96
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks Battists and Paul for continuing to plow through this. When I get home tonight I'll try a few time with the manual entering of the #. I don't think I tried that since I originally "registered" it.
Kuttner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #97
jetking
Minors (Double A)

reporting in...

Good morning all.

After 9-ish hours asleep my machine launched OOTP just fine this morning, with and without a net connection. That net connection thing now appears irrelevant based on pisdpaul's info above, so I'll quit mentioning it.

I'm headed off to work now, which means this evening will be my best chance to test a longer "downtime" situation. I'll do that and report back. Yes, I really am gunning for that young reliable moniker so generously offered to me by Old Reliable himself. I just want to be sure I earn it

Oh, and thanks for the sympathy, endgame! We definitely need it.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #98
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Hi Guys,

I have added some trace to the system, so if anyone else has a repeated problem where they are asked to re-enter their serial number, and they have not plugged in or removed any hardware, then PM me BEFORE you re-enter or release your license.

Its worth noting that my timezone is GMT+1, so if it is evening and you are in the US, chances are I am in bed fast asleep In which case you may choose to continue and catch me another time

Cheers

Paul
Old 06-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #99
Old Reliable
Minors (Double A)

To Young Reliable:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetking View Post
Good morning all.

After 9-ish hours asleep my machine launched OOTP just fine this morning, with and without a net connection. That net connection thing now appears irrelevant based on pisdpaul's info above, so I'll quit mentioning it.

I'm headed off to work now, which means this evening will be my best chance to test a longer "downtime" situation. I'll do that and report back. Yes, I really am gunning for that young reliable moniker so generously offered to me by Old Reliable himself. I just want to be sure I earn it

Oh, and thanks for the sympathy, endgame! We definitely need it.
You've earned it . . . so say I. Also I say that my various trials today have not led to any tribulations. I think we've got a winner! Unless anything else happens that I think needs mention on this thread, I think I will put my game-face on (no, you don't want to see it) and get back into action.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #100
SteveP

I guess it's OK for me to report this:

I've been testing a new version of the game (one of the steps toward getting the first official patch out the door) on my Mac. I've been trying to make it crash, using some tricks I learned during the beta. So far ... nothing. Rock solid. Don't know whether what I am seeing is due to the same fix that you've been downloading, or not, but in any event I think the Mac crowd has good reason to be optimistic.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote