Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:32 PM   #21
toddgregory
Major Leagues

Don't think it is a memory problem as I just upgraded my RAM today to 1.5 Gig and Ootp still wont run.
toddgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #22
FastLane
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddgregory View Post
Don't think it is a memory problem as I just upgraded my RAM today to 1.5 Gig and Ootp still wont run.

I have a little over 2 GB worth of available memory and I cant get OOTP 9 to run, either. You're right, I dont think its a memory problem. I think its something to do with Windows, but I couldnt begin to tell you what

Hating the New York Yankees is as American as apple pie, unwed mothers and cheating on your income tax. ~Mike Royko
FastLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #23
FastLane
Major Leagues

Nope, trying to run OOTP 9 after turning off Kaspersky didn't offer any better results. It still comes up as "OOTP Baseball 9 has stopped working" after I click on the shortcut (right-clicked to 'run as administrator) to launch the game.

Just in case your next question is in regards to my monitors resolution, I'm running in 1440 x 900 just to get that out of the way.

Hating the New York Yankees is as American as apple pie, unwed mothers and cheating on your income tax. ~Mike Royko
Old 04-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #24
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Well, then I don't know why the game will work on most computers, but not yours. Do the two of you have any identical hardware or software on your systems? Could you compare notes?
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #25
DaCubFan
Minors (Triple A)

I run the game on Vista on both my laptop and desktop without any issues.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
toddgregory
Major Leagues

WOW I wish I could play OOTP 9!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #27
sibilantecho
Bat Boy

Can't run on Vista

First I tried opening the program by just clicking on the icon. Then I soon realized I had to run in administrator mode.

However, when I click on "Run as administrator," I get a menu - "Cancel" or "Allow." I click "Allow," but then the entire operation just disappears.

EDIT: Ok, so I should have seen the other thread. Sorry about that!

Last edited by sibilantecho; 04-15-2009 at 12:53 AM.
sibilantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:47 AM   #28
sibilantecho
Bat Boy

As a sidenote, I just purchased this laptop brand-new about two hours ago. Memory's not an issue, but there could be some default setting that's hurting.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #29
sibilantecho
Bat Boy

I figured out the problem. As established before, Vista didn't "trust" OOTP. At the time, the system recommended that I restart the computer; I refused. However, as soon as I restarted the computer, Vista became compliant in running OOTP.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #30
sley
Minors (Double A)

I have a similar problem and posted to this forum on 3/14 without finding or getting any solutions. We prepaid for OOTP10, but are now having second thoughts. All OOTP baseball games have pretty much played fine for us over the years on Dell, Gateway, HP and Compaq pc's running XP and ME before that. But it will not run on a 3 month old Toshiba laptop with Vista.
sley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #31
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibilantecho View Post
I figured out the problem. As established before, Vista didn't "trust" OOTP. At the time, the system recommended that I restart the computer; I refused. However, as soon as I restarted the computer, Vista became compliant in running OOTP.
Now that's interesting.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #32
FastLane
Major Leagues

bump

Old 04-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #33
Batost
Bat Boy

I have the same problem, my physical memory goes down to 0 free when I start OOTP
Batost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #34
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

I don't know. A few people are having problems. I don't know what the connection is. Probably some communal hardware or software that isn't widespread. If we can find a common link, we might be able to figure out the problem.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #35
sley
Minors (Double A)

Sorry my problem is with a Vista laptop not PC
sley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #36
RchW
Hall Of Famer

For me it runs on a Vista laptop and not on a Vista desk top after 3 months of no problems.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 04-16-2009 at 09:43 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #37
damjones
Bat Boy

game crashes immediately upon "run as administrator"

my ootp9 has quit working recently. I have the newest patch. I believe it may have something to do with zonealarm extreme security. It is also fully updated. My issue is that the game fails to start even after i turn off zonealarm. I have tweaked the firewall rules to allow for full access for all things related to ootp. any ideas???
damjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #38
toddgregory
Major Leagues

good luck getting an answer. I and several others have had this trouble and have no luck with solutions. I am convinced it is not a memory (i upgraded) screen resolution or firewall/antivirus problem (the game worked before). It is a VISTA problem that apparently no one can resolve. I am very concerned the new game will have the same problem
Old 04-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #39
toddgregory
Major Leagues

Bump
Old 04-21-2009, 05:46 PM   #40
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddgregory View Post
Bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutlaw View Post
Well, then I don't know why the game will work on most computers, but not yours. Do the two of you have any identical hardware or software on your systems? Could you compare notes?
Thoughts, Todd? You can bump all you want, but the game is working just fine on most computers. Until I can get some idea of what's different about yours, I don't know what to tell you.