Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
BeachBum
Minors (Double A)

When do Free Agents Retire

At what point do free agents decide to retire and pursue another career? I have free agents that have never been picked up by any minor or major league team hanging around for years clogging up the free agent list.

Also, what if they play for a year or two and then are cut. How long has to pass before they give up and retire?
BeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

I think it varies and depends largely on their age. You can always mass highlight any free agents on the list and then right-click on one of their names and select "retire players". That will retire all of the highlighted players immediately. I've done that in historical leagues when I'm not using minors. In that circumstance, the free agent list tends to clog up with players who aren't on active rosters or reserve lists.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

believe it or not sometimes its a good thing they dont retire. Especially when your hit with DL list with alot of players and minors is thin with talent to get them for one season to fill in that spot to help out and get them for cheap as well
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
I think it varies and depends largely on their age. You can always mass highlight any free agents on the list and then right-click on one of their names and select "retire players". That will retire all of the highlighted players immediately. I've done that in historical leagues when I'm not using minors. In that circumstance, the free agent list tends to clog up with players who aren't on active rosters or reserve lists.
I may be doing something wrong. How do you mass highlight in OOTP14?

Thank you.

JP
Old 07-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
I may be doing something wrong. How do you mass highlight in OOTP14?

Thank you.

JP
Might have to be in Commish mode, not sure. But You will see the little bubble on the far left next to the players names. click that for each player you want and right click, delete. Not sure if you can right click retire. I retire about 10-50 FA each season. I do mine 1 at a time.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

When you're looking at the list of free agents, there will be a button at the top left of the list. It's a select all button. You can also select players individually by clicking the radio buttons next to their rows.

Once you've highlighted the players you want to retire, right-click over one of the selected players in your list and choose 'retire players'.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote