Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 01-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Thought 12 Stopped playing 1B at SS?

1st time I have seen this since 11, a 1B playing SS. Doug Mientiwicz is the starting SS, granted it's only his 2nd game at SS, 3rd ever. (2 starts) Wes Franks who plays all 4 If spots is the starting 1B. Jeff Keppinger was injured the game prior and they are waiting to find out the extent of the injury.
Attached Images
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
simcrazy
All Star Reserve

Certainly doesn't appear to be the optimal lineup, but I will say that Mientkiewicz is a good choice if you are going to put a 1B at SS.
simcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
khucke
All Star Reserve

I observed this quite frequently. For example the regular 2nd baseman is injured (but still on the roster) and an OF is starting at 2nd base without having a rating at the position, although there are other players with a position rating available. This OF might be a tad better as a hitter than the alternates. Still, no manager would play an unproven player at an middle infield position unless he's absolutely forced to do so.
khucke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
sc_superstar
Major Leagues

The AI will not put a starter as a backup at another position so unless they have a super-sub on their roster they will end up with odd positioning due to injuries.

Thats why when i sim games and not play them out i set up 3 optimal position players at each position. I dont usually look enough to actually see that its worked. But you would think it would

ex. starting 2B is a 10/10 rating at all 4 IF position. I would have him set as my backup for all other positions, and then have a 3rd player on the depth chart for off days.

I would hope that if say the 3B gets injured, the starting 2B moves to 3B and the backup 2B plays. Thats what an MLB manager would most likely do
sc_superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Tigger Johnson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_superstar View Post
The AI will not put a starter as a backup at another position so unless they have a super-sub on their roster they will end up with odd positioning due to injuries.

Thats why when i sim games and not play them out i set up 3 optimal position players at each position. I dont usually look enough to actually see that its worked. But you would think it would

ex. starting 2B is a 10/10 rating at all 4 IF position. I would have him set as my backup for all other positions, and then have a 3rd player on the depth chart for off days.

I would hope that if say the 3B gets injured, the starting 2B moves to 3B and the backup 2B plays. Thats what an MLB manager would most likely do
Mientwicz is the starting 1B vs RHP Franks the starting SS vs RHP. Jeff Keppinger is the starting SS vs LHP Franks the 1B, so when Keppinger got injured the day before vs a RHP they should have made the right move and made mientwicz teh starting 1B vs LHP also. He is hitting ,241 vs LHP .238 vs RHP.
Tigger Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction