Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 01-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Making Too Many Roster Changes

I am never happy or satisfied. I want all my players batting 1.00 100 hr 500 RBI. Sometimes i feel I make either the wrong move or too many moves.
The past offseason I traded my 1B and SS (Cesar Izturis) to the Hope Jedi for their superstar 1B and a 1B/LF/RF prospect.
The 1B I got in return is hitting .224 4 HR 24 RBI at the end of June. I predicted him to be a .250-.260 hitter 35+HR 90 RBI 125+ K. With the fact he along with 3 other starters are hitting like bantha fodder I sign 2 superstar FA's for $2 million a piece (highest paid FA in EBL made $800k prior to those signings) The SS I signed is batting under .167 4 HR 6 RBI in 14 games. The LF I signed played 3 games and is out for the season. My last seasons starting LF is out for another 5 weeks after getting injured in ST. The 3 minor league OF I have had on my roster hit a combined .110 60 AB's
Now I am 1st in every offensive category except for SB. my team is hitting .261 but I have 2 players hitting over .330 (1976 strategy)
I am wondering if i just make way too many moves. I want to dominate, especially like the 43-3 NL Leading Glenbard Cougars. I am 2.5 games in front.
I just offered a 1 yr 260K contract for a 1B whose career batting avg is .310 in 452 AB's (3 sns)
So at what point do you scrap your plans for the season and blow your team up even when your a league leading team, but will get destroyed in the W.S. Also if 1 of my 2 best hitters, myself or Luke Skywalker get injured the 2nd place team will blow past me, despite not having a single player hitter over .275 13 hr.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
RonP
Minors (Triple A)

LOL. That is a lot of bad luck and I don't know the answer to your question but I do know if it had happened to me I would be playing in the street now (assuming I found all the missing parts that is.) Good luck and one thing you have to keep in mind is that in condensed leagues no one figures to play as well as they did on the season. (But you know that).
Ron
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
Chicagofan76
Banned

I did it again. After losing my starting 3B Lando Calrissian for 8 months and with my anemic offense, I decided to make several moves. With the 1B I had traded for in the off season Howard Huggins batting .229 5 hr 28 RBI I signed left hitting 1B to a 1 yr 260 deal, I plan on resigning him long term.
I then traded Huggins to the Freedom City Millennium Falcons for Ichiro which solves my lead off and LF needs. I then traded my overpaid SS and Paul Lo Duca to Colorado for Garret Atkins, Johnny Estrada and Endy Chavez. Solves my 3B issue allowing me to move Han Solo back to 2B and let my 2B learn to play SS (rated 3), allowed me to move my future LF down for the 3rd time. hitting .413 10 HR 43 RBI at AAA ,156 0 HR 2 RBI in 23 games at ML.
Chavez can play CF which helps. and Estrada is hitting .329 vs RHP while my other C is hitting .211 vs RHP .600 vs LHP. I saved about $450K in the deal maybe more since my extension $$ went up over 1 million. I have a 1 game lead in the AL. 32-21 record.

ok not much better, but at least I used punctuation, capitalization and even spell checked some of it.

Last edited by Chicagofan76; 01-29-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: edit
Old 01-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I'd answer you but the no gap posts scramble my ever more feeble brain.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I'd answer you but the no gap posts scramble my ever more feeble brain.
my bad i was rambling. fixed it for ya.