Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 11-13-2003, 03:05 AM   #21
EJ
Minors (Double A)

Okay, I thought I'd add here that I'm getting this error for the first time. I've been successfully uploading team files via ftp in several leagues ever since the feature was introduced . . . until now. Now I will mention that a couple other odd things have happened on my 'puter at the same time (within hours of each other).

1) My Logitech trackball stopped working. It happened in the middle of burning a CD, and even with swapping in several different new batteries, I can't get it to work. I have subbed in another trackball.

2) I normally get a daily email ebay notice of new Les Paul guitar auctions. These would show up in my email package (Eudora) with a thumbnail picture of the auction item. All of a sudden, the pictures are not being displayed, replaced instead with a red 'x'.

I don't know if any of these are related, but I'm poking around to see if I can find the problem. If I get it resolved, I'll post a follow-up.
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 02:59 PM   #22
EJ
Minors (Double A)

And here is my follow-up.

Based on Bulldog's above post, I tried opening the MS Explorer browser (normally I use Opera). I got that little window that said "requested page not available offline". So I clicked the "connect" button and Explorer launched. Then I went into OOTP, and my ftp export worked fine. The problem in Eudora was resolved as well.

So thanks, Bulldog55!

p.s. and B Gates, you and your pos browser can lick my a**!
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 12:08 AM   #23
Mizuno
Bat Boy

I have a similar problem to those described above. I am unable to export to FTP from my OOTP5 game. I checked to make sure that internet explorer wasn't working offline. I have check all the settings on my personal firewalls/security settings. Nothing seems to make a difference. Everytime I go to export to FTP the setting up Connection box comes up and nothing happens from there. It just locks up the game!

Please help ! :> Mizuno
Old 11-15-2003, 12:16 AM   #24
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Did you try some of the suggestions in this thread? Have you rebooted and tried? Did anything such as a lockup, crash or installation of a program precede the FTP not working?
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 07:32 PM   #25
Mizuno
Bat Boy

I tried some of the suggestions above, but could not find anything telling me I was offline! Likewise, this occured from the start when I loaded OOTP5 onto my computer. I have a dell Dimension 2400 Pentium 4 with windows XP. All the McAfee security/firewall & privacy programs are enabled. I tried disabling the security stuff, to no avail. No special programs and plenty of memory!

Old 11-27-2009, 02:19 AM   #26
Maksimi
Bat Boy

Same error

Cannot get contact to the servers (actually three), which are set under the 'My Network Places'. The error report is:
"Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details: The computer is disconnected from the network."
The contact works as always with the FTP -program. Taking away the firewall does not make any difference.
Maksimi is offline   Reply With Quote