Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-24-2021, 08:26 PM   #1
BKL
All Star Reserve

Need Help! Great Players But Can't Win!!

I don't play PT much but have recently been playing again. I have great players, but my team record is 31-41. I am surprised I have a losing record. I lost the last 7 games! I'm in the Diamond Level. The pictures show my lineups and strategy. All the players listed are the premier ones - i.e., if there is more than one player name, I have the one that is rated the best for success in PT (i.e., Face of the Francise, Special Edition, etc.). Any help on what I can do to get better would be appreciated and is needed!!

BKL
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by BKL; 02-24-2021 at 10:31 PM.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:34 PM   #2
daves
Hall Of Famer

You are fairly aggressive on stealing and base running despite having only one decent runner in Jackie Robinson? You should review all the player strategies as well.

I like your pitchers and the top of your lineup,

What are your park factors?

Last edited by daves; 02-24-2021 at 09:37 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:31 PM   #3
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
You are fairly aggressive on stealing and base running despite having only one decent runner in Jackie Robinson? You should review all the player strategies as well.

I like your pitchers and the top of your lineup,

What are your park factors?
Thank you! See attached for Ball Park factors. By the way, I said Gold Level but I'm at the Diamond Level.
Attached Images
Old 02-24-2021, 11:00 PM   #4
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

That changes quite a bit. Looks like a below average team for diamond to me.

Definitely should take Schmidt out, that card cant perform past silver. Id play Hornsby at 3rd and DH Ruth. Obviously you are weak at backup catcher and should find a righty to platoon with Mauer. And Id play Musial over Cabrera vs righties for sure.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:05 PM   #5
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Those are just obvious fixes with the cards you have. Cabrera starting every day is just baffling when Musial is so much better in everything you look at. After that Id look to upgrade the pitching and replace the three guys with low control
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #6
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Those are just obvious fixes with the cards you have. Cabrera starting every day is just baffling when Musial is so much better in everything you look at. After that Id look to upgrade the pitching and replace the three guys with low control

Thank you. I used a database on here that ranked players based on PT performance so I thought I had a pretty good team. But prob at the Diamond Level it’s more nuanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2021, 11:35 AM   #7
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
Thank you. I used a database on here that ranked players based on PT performance so I thought I had a pretty good team. But prob at the Diamond Level it’s more nuanced.

Yeah, the usual caveat to that database is that the broad ideas are good and provide nice guidance to new players, but it isn't optimized when you get right down to looking at who the best performing players are. If you're treating the rankings as gospel truth you're bound to overlook a lot of stuff.

EDIT: and there's really no reason to run neutral factors. You ought to pick something specific and build around it, you can't just outmuscle diamond with raw power because many, many top teams have those common top SEs

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 02-25-2021 at 11:37 AM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #8
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Yeah, the usual caveat to that database is that the broad ideas are good and provide nice guidance to new players, but it isn't optimized when you get right down to looking at who the best performing players are. If you're treating the rankings as gospel truth you're bound to overlook a lot of stuff.

EDIT: and there's really no reason to run neutral factors. You ought to pick something specific and build around it, you can't just outmuscle diamond with raw power because many, many top teams have those common top SEs

What should I consider in setting my factors? I guess I was thinking if a factor would benefit me it would do the same for my opponent...perhaps though it’s a matter of degree as to which team it would help the most.

Old 02-25-2021, 05:22 PM   #9
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
What should I consider in setting my factors? I guess I was thinking if a factor would benefit me it would do the same for my opponent...perhaps though it’s a matter of degree as to which team it would help the most.

That's it, you pick factors that disproportionately benefit you over your opponent. Most teams at the high levels pick a specific set of park factors that fits some extreme build (common ones include pro-righty, pro-lefty, pro-CON, and pro-HR, nerfing the factors to minimum that don't fit and boosting the ones you want to max). I think that's probably the best thing to do: choosing a build and then building your team around that rather than worrying about which set of factors benefit your current as-is team the most. You can pick something that won't require too many changes from your current roster, but that kind of philosophy is how you can get something optimized.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote