Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:26 PM   #61
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
Ron Guidry has been league average for me. Maybe, he just loses focus in the lesser leagues!
Lesser leagues, pfft, what a cheek .

Think the underlying problem might be that the manager's dramatic loss of interest and motivation is rubbing off. Guidry's probably looking at the thousands of unsold duplicates and thinking he's gonna be stuck with this lousy team forever, unless he can force a trade!

Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 02:05 PM   #62
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
The wheels have fallen off the Magpie train since the break: 5-18. Winning 70 seems a stretch at this point and training has been cancelled in an attempt to achieve this "milestone". Face Campanella was signed and stalwart Yogi Berra was let go. It's business, y'know; the accountants among us note that it was a 60k net upgrade. Sixteen of 40 teams in the league have already started using Roy and 11 other teams have him in "reserve".

Odd fact: My conference has only 7 teams out of 20 below .500 and 4 of them (including me) are in my division.

Ron Guidry has been league average for me. Maybe, he just loses focus in the lesser leagues!

Who has been your leagues top 3 hitters and pitchers? I'm currently stuck in a losing spell as well. I added FOTF Price and the 100 Koufax and my team can barely win at the moment. Yeah, I knew I wouldn't be able to wait until the end of September to spend some of my points, but I couldn't face another week of barely having a pitching staff. Granted, those guys both have pretty good track records with other teams in Diamond so it should get better. Still have about 400k in points left.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:09 PM   #63
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post

Think the underlying problem might be that the manager's dramatic loss of interest and motivation is rubbing off. Guidry's probably looking at the thousands of unsold duplicates and thinking he's gonna be stuck with this lousy team forever, unless he can force a trade!
Perfect Team is the equivalent of Westworld.

Multiple Guidry's review their ballooning ERA's and WHIP's and say in unison..."Doesn't look like anything to me".
Old 09-11-2020, 04:32 PM   #64
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post

Surely, you can get re-enthused with Twitch drops this Saturday starting at 1:30pm est and last 2 or 3 hours. That time should work for you!

Surprised to see one of my own on the leaderboards!
Attached Images
Image Image 

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #65
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Surely, you can get re-enthused with Twitch drops this Saturday starting at 1:30pm est and last 2 or 3 hours. That time should work for you!
Having moaned about them, I suppose I ought to make a bit of an effort tomorrow, eh? . I will actually be cooking/having dinner with the family at that time, though...

I've done a fair amount of shooting myself in the foot recently, including putting way too much PP into packs (Tinners, Grackles). I really could do with pulling some cards to get excited about!

Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:16 PM   #66
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Surprised to see one of my own on the leaderboards!
Thanks for the leader boards. I wish I could get Twitch Drops to work but alas no matter how many times I link, then un-link and then re-link again with my OOTP account, I cannot get it to work.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:06 PM   #67
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Guidry Sensational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonetim View Post
Thanks for the leader boards. I wish I could get Twitch Drops to work but alas no matter how many times I link, then un-link and then re-link again with my OOTP account, I cannot get it to work.
Check your Twitch settings, something may be interfering? Perhaps, by blocking something?

Meanwhile, Ron Guidry earns his 7th player of the game award for this gem.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #68
willat0660
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
First...that is hilarious.

Second...I guess I need to add a couple more pinch running options on the depth chart.
Yes, I was completely surprised by what I saw! And true, it's sad that the best guy I had to PR was an 11.

willat0660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 01:14 PM   #69
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I'm facing a brutal stretch to close out the season: everyone is above .500 except the last 3 games. I did have a wonderful time closing out yesterday winning 12 out of 13 so I need to win just 6 games out of 32 to achieve my goal of 70 wins. Unfortunately, lost the first 3, unable to hold leads of 6-2 and 6-5 going into the bottom of the 9th. I said it would be brutal.

For whatever reason, I've been saving completed missions for a rainy day. Sixty missions leading to over 70 packs are ready to submit. Tomorrow is a rainy day.

Old 09-13-2020, 09:01 AM   #70
ianmleavitt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The Trojans luck could only last so long, as they missed the playoffs again in their second year appearing at the Gold level (finishing 5 games out from the second WC spot). Down the stretch they truly faltered, as their 12-15 record in September was the worst month of the season. A bit of luck kept the team in the running most of the season, as the Trojans went 10-1 in extra innings and 24-10 in 1-run games. In the offseason, team leadership hopes to add some power to the lineup which finished last in the league in XBH.

Team MVPs:
Offense - Hughie Jennings - .300/.384/.465, 5.8 WAR
Defense - Ichiro Suzuki (LF) - +17.4 ZR, 1.108 EFF
Pitching - Greg Maddux - 19-10, 3.46 ERA, 173 Ks, 6.1 WAR

--------
The Haymakers stormed through another season, finishing top of their Iron league with a 133-29 record, a .329 team batting average, and 2.86 team ERA. Here's hoping for a third consecutive championship!

Team MVPs:
Offense - Johnny Evers - .346/.469/.526, 9.4 WAR
Defense - Ozzie Smith - +31.4 ZR, 1.143 EFF
Pitching - Herb Pennock - 27-2, 1.88 ERA, 210 Ks, 8.0 WAR
ianmleavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:25 PM   #71
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Season 25...silver nowhere to be seen...

Well, it is the silver season of OOTP 21 PT and my teams...well...

Longview Woodchucks finished 84-78 in Bronze 273...two games from the division title and eight away from a wildcard. Slightly above batting average does not offset awful on-base percentage. Pitching was average. Defense was average. Nobody hits above .300. Meh. We'll bank the points and move on to season 26.

Nacogdoches Jacks, in Bronze 247, well....79-83, fifteen games out of the division. Despite Ralph Kiner claiming the home run title, batting is below average. Pitching is not much better with the exception of Edwin Diaz having a career low 1.19 ERA and defense simply just stunk it up. It's amazing this bunch isn't going back to IRON. More banking the points...

But Stephanie's Neffin-neffs are going back to IRON after a dismal 70-92 season in Bronze 263, Batting was horrid, pitching not much better, but hey, at least they committed less errors than usual. Maybe this will be an one-season visit back down. Probably not. Bank and spend next Sunday.

Hopefully season 26 will be better....

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #72
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Perfect League torture week is over and I look forward to the friendly confines of Diamond League. Maybe, I should have gone "all in" this week to try to win it because I ended up 75-87 in 3rd place just 9 games behind. I actually played over .500 the last two months after Campanella joined the team. Once the Face Toppers drop in two weeks it will be impossible for the Magpies (not that it wasn't already impossible!). Joining me in Diamond League will be the San Angelo Warbirds whose bid for a 10th consecutive appearance in the Perfect League fell short by 1 game.

Old 09-13-2020, 06:08 PM   #73
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

Well the Washington Justice finished their Diamond league season with 75 wins and will remain in Diamond come tomorrow. The team did welcome a couple new players on Friday, FOTF David Price and All-Time Legend Sandy Koufax to help strengthen a very weak rotation. However, uncharacteristically bad (and I mean BAD) fielding cursed the team all year with not one regular starter posting a Zone Rating of even 0.5 and nearly all of them in the negative. Robinson and Appling were rotating at SS with Biggio expanding his repertoire at 3B to help with depth. Even still this team defensive performance was well below the top 6 or so they would come in on many occasions. As a result, Ernie Banks was brought into the mix to take over shortstop duties while the Justice also added All-Time Legend Clayton Kershaw after seeing a couple bargains on the AH. Also, got a bit lucky and pulled a 100 Live Card Verlander card to go in the stronger but still not Diamond level bullpen for now. The Justice haven't broken their FTP bank just yet and will see how the next couple weeks go with the current team until the last of the FOTF cards are released.

Last edited by tbonetim; 09-13-2020 at 06:11 PM.
tbonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:04 PM   #74
ianmleavitt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As we come into the annual All-Star break, the Trojans are 55-40, 5 games back of the division lead. However, they are 4.5 games clear for the second Wild Card spot, which offers promise that was not previously seen in their past two appearances in Gold. The off-season acquisition of Hank Aaron (100) has not been the injection of added offensive prowess to this contact-heavy lineup, as he has only mustered 1.0 WAR at this point of the season. Conversely, the surprise addition of Tommy John (93) to the starting five has helped to bolster an otherwise inconsistent rotation.

Meanwhile, the Haymakers are sitting pretty at 67-30 in their first appearance at the Bronze Level, 12.5 games up on the division. Seven All-Stars were named from this squad which has seen the likes of Fernando Valenzuela (99) and John Tudor (94) added to the starting rotation this year.
ianmleavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:36 PM   #75
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
I couldn't get the linking to work at first using the instructions posted here in that youtube video. But when I did the linking from the twitch website (connections page) instead, it did work.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:28 AM   #76
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
I couldn't get the linking to work at first using the instructions posted here in that youtube video. But when I did the linking from the twitch website (connections page) instead, it did work.
How did you do that from the twitch connections page? If you can just let me know under the Twitch Drops thread where I posted about my troubles there with it since I don't want to go off the storylines topic in this thread.

Last edited by tbonetim; 09-18-2020 at 08:36 AM.
tbonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:05 PM   #77
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

This is the G337 AL Wild Card race with 5 games to go. I'm glad I already wrapped up my division in the NL
Attached Images
Old 09-20-2020, 01:50 AM   #78
bailey
Hall Of Famer

This thread needs a better title, I have trouble finding it.

Collingwood has been jockeying back and forth with Shanghai for 1st place all season long so predictably they end up tied. We've got home field advantage thanks to a 10-9 season series win and we've won 2 games out of 3 at home. Shanghai sports 23 perfect cards on his active roster with another 31 perfect cards in visible reserves. The loser gets to go on the road for the wild card game with a team that has Cy Young (the 4 million point Cy Young) fully rested. It turns out that the Magpies faced this guy twice during the regular season scoring 10 earned runs in 9 total innings.

Old 09-20-2020, 07:21 AM   #79
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Just got relegated on run differential. That stings. Tbf, my run differential was literally 60 worse than the other guys, but still.

Losing a game to my brother 30-3 earlier in the season didn't help. Not gonna live that one down for a while!
Old 09-20-2020, 10:07 AM   #80
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
This thread needs a better title, I have trouble finding it.

Collingwood has been jockeying back and forth with Shanghai for 1st place all season long so predictably they end up tied. We've got home field advantage thanks to a 10-9 season series win and we've won 2 games out of 3 at home. Shanghai sports 23 perfect cards on his active roster with another 31 perfect cards in visible reserves. The loser gets to go on the road for the wild card game with a team that has Cy Young (the 4 million point Cy Young) fully rested. It turns out that the Magpies faced this guy twice during the regular season scoring 10 earned runs in 9 total innings.
Yeah, this forum is definitely not the easiest to locate when a post hasn't shown up in a while. Also that's a bold move stating those good stats your team produced against Cy Young prior to a playoff game. It was like the kiss of death whenever I would notice how well my team did against a particular pitcher in the regular season and then end up scoring 1 run against him in the playoffs. My latest season with my improved pitching staff did not result in a better season with just 73 wins but then of course I ended up in a stronger Diamond league this year too. I was in playoff contention as late as Friday morning, but an 11 game losing streak (thanks to a slew of games against top teams in a row) crushed my dreams of a wildcard appearance by that afternoon.I still need more pitching though and will probably have to address my OF defensive play since the opposing teams batting lineups are getting stronger and are taking advantage of their lack of range in LF and RF.