Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-05-2020, 07:31 PM   #21
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

A Question You Might Find Yourself Asking

"So, JasonC23, about how much more challenging is Diamond than Gold?"

I'd say about this much more challenging:
Attached Images
Image Image 

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #22
Magus978
All Star Starter

Magus Pulls a Second FOTF Tom Seaver Out of Thin Air

The dupe was listed on the AH for 181,000. The original copy was relieved because Magus didn't accidentally list him too.

As for the team...they've clinched their division, but Magus has decided to punish them further by taking away their post-game movie privileges. Reports are that the team are unaffected by this latest punishment as they just go to their hotel rooms and watch movies until 4 AM anyway. While this is going on, Magus threatens to fling his fly swatter of doom at the team if they no-show Sunday again.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-05-2020 at 07:56 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 02:36 AM   #23
thejojo
Major Leagues

I just bought a Jonathan Papelbon for my bullpen this Monday. I'm in the Diamond league and he pitches an ERA of 8.43 and makes the all-star team! Can someone please tell my why?

[IMG]https://challenge.ootpdevelopments.com/pt24signatures/thejojo.jpg[IMG]
thejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:43 AM   #24
FuzzyDarkness
Minors (Single A)

Name:  Opera Momentaufnahme_2020-09-06_085214_pt21reports.ootpdevelopments.com.png
Views: 495
Size:  14.6 KB

While Croatia clinched a division where the number two and number three team also clinched the wildcard spots, FuzzyDarkness decided last night, in somewhat of a brainstorm to once again change the name of the team.

He told the media that this name change will be the last (for now) but he couldn't pass on the idea and he spent big money on the logo made. He said, we are not quite as high in the sky as the Dallas Stars but we're getting there, we're up in the clouds. At the end of the press conference it seemed obvious, that he's really happy with this new team name.

But I have to admit, the logo looks good...

Name:  Clouds3.png
Views: 413
Size:  20.9 KB
Old 09-06-2020, 05:06 AM   #25
srussi23
Bat Boy

First Time OOTP Player won my division on the last game of the season had to sweep my opponent to erase a 2 game lead and win the division on the final game of the season (total spent on the team $8)

Seminoles Suffer 13-0 Drubbing
Led by Mike Lowell, the Orlando Outsiders downed the Atlanta Seminoles, 13-0. Lowell went 3 for 4 with a home run, 2 singles, and a walk. He scored 3 runs and drove in 3 for the Outsiders. Orlando is now riding a 3-game win streak.

Bo Bichette had a big at-bat in the bottom of the third inning. With two out and runners on 1st and 2nd, the Orlando shortstop hit a 3-run home run. The Outsiders would go on to win the ballgame.

"If you pitch well, you give yourself some opportunities," said Orlando manager srussi23.

Outsiders Win Tight National Conference Central Division Race: The Orlando Outsiders clubhouse more closely resembled a college party tonight as the team officially captured the National Conference Central Division.

Laughter abounded and loud music blared as players and coaches alike celebrated the accomplishment.

"It's not often you get to kick back and let loose with your teammates," said starting pitcher Ralph Branca. "We're earned the right to party a little bit. And then we can focus on getting it done in the playoffs."

Team manager srussi23 said even the coaching staff can enjoy occasions like this.

"I'm proud of my guys, they deserve this," he said.

It's the 1st division championship for the team and they will be seeking their 1st Rookie .214 championship
srussi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:07 AM   #26
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

without fail we will choke, 12 games left we were in the wild card spot, then we went 1-11, not even playing great teams

on the plus side I packed (and sold) the new Matt Morris POTM card which i got from a stream drop. that enabled me to get the last player i needed to complete FOTF Willie Mays, mainly due to having a few diamonds lockec in from TOTD missions

21st Century Fusion down in silver 297 pulled a reverse, at the AS break they were 47-49, post AS break they went 49-17 after adding the Babe, who had a 1.011 OPS in 80 games with 19 HR and 75 RBI, I also added Maddux (6-0) and Lyons (7-0) to the pitching staff and Frank Viola ended the season with 22 wins

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #27
ianmleavitt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The Trojans finished their first year in Gold at 83-79, 3 games out of the Wild Card race. Mid-season additions of Hughie Jennings (SS/Peak), Richie Ashburn (CF/Peak), Cal Jr. (SS>2B/96), and a late-season addition of John Franco (RP/Peak) were not enough to close the gap. Our current biggest weakness is defense, as Bagwell (1B), Yaz (LF), and Freddie Lindstrom (3B) combined for a ZR of -10.6 - will be looking to upgrade in the offseason with the sale of some unused cards.

The Haymakers (a novelty L/S only team) finished the Stone League season at 128-34...only winning the division by 6 games (over a novelty...bunting/stealing team?). Ozzie Smith outpaced the league with a +43.9 ZR at SS, while Johnny Evers led the league in BB (131), OBP (.452), and WAR (10.5). Here's hoping for another Championship come the end of the day!
ianmleavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #28
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The Magpies shrugged off the tough September playing schedule and bulldozed through to 2nd wild card! Along the way, they defeated the Bronx Bombers 9 times in a row for an overall season series 12-7 win. To aid the postseason quest, GM Bailey dug deep into his PP pockets (not real pockets) and secured Tony Gwynn at a steep discount. (Next week, it will be considered an outrageous overpay, most likely). Untrained in LF, he'll be the DH for now.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #29
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Well, season 24 is at an end for my teams, but I am happy to say none will be regulated. This season, I am buying standard packs to see if I get anything worthy...

Longview Woodchucks finish 78-84, 4th place in division, 17 games out. Buying 12 packs....a 95 Diamond Alex Bergman...

Nacogdoches Jacks finish 75-87, also in 4th place, also 17 games out. Buying 18 packs...a 97 Diamond Addie Joss and a 91 Diamond Clayton Kershaw.

jStephanie's Neffin-neffs finish 82-80, 24 games out and 2nd place in the division and eight games out of the wildcard. Buying 18 packs, earned a 19th by finishing one collection mission....nothing to add to the roster.

Onward to the silver season, all cased in Bronze.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #30
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Magpies flying high

The Magpies got by the Whitecaps in the Wild Card Game and faced their division rival the Bronx Bombers in the Division Series. I don't know why, but when I think of Bombers vs. Magpies, I think of the old commercial that starts out with the stately US Postal Service eagle flying high only to be swept up, feathers flying, by a passing UPS jet. That comparison seemed extremely apt after blowing 4-0 and 5-0 leads in games 1 and 2 that foretold a series sweep. But, it was not to be. Returning to home field advantage, where we won 2/3 of the time, held on 4-3 in game 3 and Andy Pettitte shut them down 8-0 in game 4 setting up the dramatic finale, Plank vs Plank. This time we came from behind in the late innings to complete the comeback. Ichiro Suzuki, live reward card, had 17 hits in 29 AB and was the MVP.

Old 09-06-2020, 03:50 PM   #31
daves
Hall Of Famer

In Diamond 371, the Seawolves managed to win their division for the third straight season, barely by 2 games with a 94-68 record, after going just 11-16 in September. The poor ending continued into the playoffs as the Seawolves fell 3-1 in the Division Series.

This Diamond league featured a few strong teams that competed well at the perfect level in the past. Fair Play Cheaters are set to play the Jonestown Rockhounds or Covington Blue Sox for the title. All 3 teams won 117 regular season games or better.

Jonestown Rockhounds wins 7th Diamond title.

Last edited by daves; 09-06-2020 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Updated for winner
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:24 PM   #32
srussi23
Bat Boy

Outsiders Prevail, as Sub-League Series Goes to the Wire
The sweet swing of Mike Lowell has led his team through the Sub-League Series.

The Orlando Outsiders star earned series MVP honors as his club downed the Colorado Rays to advance to the Rookie Level Series.

The Outsiders won the final game at Wolfpac Stadium by a score of 12-3 and the series 4-3.

"I'm seeing the ball well and happy to contribute to a win," said Lowell. "I hope it continues for the rest of the playoffs."

For the series, Lowell hit .458 with a .536 on-base percentage. He had 4 home runs, drove in 7 RBI and scored 6 runs.

The Orlando Outsiders will play against the Birch Run Panthers in the next round. Birch Run won their series against the Southern California Titans 4 games to 1. The Rookie Level Series schedule will be announced after the Sub-League Series finishes.

Just advanced to the finals after being down 3-1.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:07 PM   #33
Magus978
All Star Starter

Saints Lose in LDS (Again), Flyswatter of Doom Deployed, Everyone Dead

As promised, a deranged Magus deployed his flyswatter of doom at everyone after the Steelport Saints lost their divisional round to the Methuen Silver Sox 3 games to 1. The Saints are now 2 for 16 lifetime in diamond level playoffs, and a miserly 3 for 20 lifetime in all playoffs.

"I hate all of you" Magus muttered as he started hitting anyone and everyone with his flyswatter of doom.
Attached Images

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-06-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:35 PM   #34
srussi23
Bat Boy

lost the series in six

won game 1 lost games 2 and 3 won game 4 lost 8-7 in game 5 due to a 7 run 2nd and lost game 6 overall not bad for my first season and 8 dollars spent lol
Old 09-06-2020, 07:47 PM   #35
abangs
Minors (Single A)

It has been awhile since I've posted a league update on my FTP teams...

The Cluckers had a solid season in Gold (their 12th season in Gold in the past 14 seasons), finishing with an 84-78 record. Their only roster change was adding Graig Nettles at 3B. Nettles improved the infield defense, but his power has not shown up yet.

The Irregulars, after getting relegated down to Silver, went 91-71 and won their first title against a much more talented lineup. There have been no roster changes in the past few seasons, and like the Cluckers, the Irregulars have spent most of the past 14 years in Gold, occasionally dropping down into Silver.

The Perros struggled to a 72-90 record in Gold, and next year will play in Silver for the second time in 3 years. This is a team that 12 years ago made it into Diamond. What has changed? Nothing--for the Perros. No major additions in all that time, as PP has been devoted to building tournament teams and completing FOTF missions (all 3 teams are currently working on the Silver missions), and the hundreds of packs won from tournaments and missions have yielded nothing of note. In the meantime, the overall caliber of Gold competition has improved, leaving the Perros behind.

abangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:05 PM   #36
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
"So, JasonC23, about how much more challenging is Diamond than Gold?"

I'd say about this much more challenging:
Of course, naturally, after posting this, the Red Raiders, despite finishing 108-54 and securing the #1 seed in the G326 AC, flamed out in the Division Series, losing to an 83-win Wild Card team, 3 games to 1, with each loss by 1 run. So a return appearance in Gold it is!

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:19 PM   #37
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

The YakAnglers were cruising right along with a 7+ game lead in the division, and then September came along and the wheels started coming off. Overnight the team couldn't hit or pitch, and everyone was cold. We acquired FOTF Biggio to replace Cano, and that stopped the bleeding with a two game winning streak, then we went back to our losing ways, including a 25-1 thumping and another 12-1 loss. Eventually we found ourselves one game back in the division but somehow managed to squeak out the divison, only because the other team lost a little more than we did the last week, and we ended with a 3 game losing streak.

So on to the playoffs! The YakAnglers take the DS 3-1 and sweep the Sub series. In the WS we take a 4 run lead into the 9th in game 1 just for Saito to blow his first save in 27 chances. Not looking good at that point, and before we know it we're down 3 games to 1. HA! We've all seen this movie. And the YakAnglers shut 'em out the next two games to force game 7 where we prevail 8-4 to take home their first championship!
Attached Images

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #38
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Collingwood traveled to Edmonton to face the Eternity in the LCS. Although the Magpies won 100 vs. 96 for my opponent, as wild card team, we open on the road. Game 1 started like the Division Series, blowing a 3-0 lead and after game 3 were down 2 games to 1. But, phoenix-like, our Magpies soared to the heavens in the next three games, scoring the winning runs in the 9th inning each time.

In the finals we get to face the Battery Park City Tramps, winners of 114 regular season games. A near perfect roster stares us down, only Cap Anson (99) and Roger Connor (98) don't make the grade. Of these, players I have just 8 and the rest will just see what they can do.

Game 1 is a crush. The Magpies are flattened 15-4.

It's time to take my sweetheart out to dinner.

They say a watched pot never boils, so in this case, as I wasn't watching I find that Game 1 was the last loss of the season!
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2020, 02:48 AM   #39
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Bad News Barnstormers got knocked out in the 2nd round

But the comeback kings, 21st Century Fusion managed to pick up a silver championship, Babe Ruth got a great bat despite only playing 81 regular season games. SE Tony Fernandez won the MVP with this statline

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 04:49 AM   #40
FuzzyDarkness
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
... They say a watched pot never boils, so in this case, as I wasn't watching I find that Game 1 was the last loss of the season! ?..
Congratulations for the championship!

I tried the same tactic while being down 0-3 in the sub-league-series but my team still lost game 4.
Like someone told me here on the forum: 50% of the time it works 100% of the time