Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-13-2021, 03:34 PM   #301
daves
Hall Of Famer

Despite how badly Ruth is in this game, I decided to take advantage of the point sale and get the PEAK Ruth for the Seawolves. At this point in the game, why not give him a try? He's gotta bat better than 250 on a lefty cheese team? Right?

Last edited by daves; 02-13-2021 at 03:41 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:59 PM   #302
The_SouthTrain
Bat Boy

Is there an easy way of setting up a tournament roster without being in a tournament?
The_SouthTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:35 AM   #303
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_SouthTrain View Post
Is there an easy way of setting up a tournament roster without being in a tournament?
No, unfortunately.
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 01:53 AM   #304
dboeyr12007
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_SouthTrain View Post
In the discord there is a link to an excel file called tournament roster builder. Simple Enigma put a ton of time into and it is amazing. You can not load it into the game, but it has a complete card data base and a very nice system for looking at different line ups to compare offe3nse, defense and pitching. Then you just join a tournament and place the cards you want on the roster.

Last edited by dboeyr12007; 02-18-2021 at 01:57 AM.
dboeyr12007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:05 PM   #305
The_SouthTrain
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboeyr12007 View Post
In the discord there is a link to an excel file called tournament roster builder. Simple Enigma put a ton of time into and it is amazing. You can not load it into the game, but it has a complete card data base and a very nice system for looking at different line ups to compare offe3nse, defense and pitching. Then you just join a tournament and place the cards you want on the roster.
Sweet, thanks! It will definitely help out.
The_SouthTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:57 AM   #306
daves
Hall Of Famer

It was a down week in PT21 for my teams as they were all at the Diamond level. Not a single team had a winning record. Two teams finished with 81 wins though. One will be relegated. The Babe Ruth Peak experiment is over as he hovered around 220 with less than 20 homers in a lefty cheese park. In comes Joan Soto TOTY for next week. I know there are quite a few rants about this, but Soto for Ruth shows how poor the sim results are for this game.

Hopefully one of my PT20 teams can win another this week? But after beating superior teams with 120 + wins, I tend to lose to a 88 or 90 win team in the playoffs.

Last edited by daves; 02-21-2021 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:46 PM   #307
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Collingwood's experiment with a pitcher's park nearly ended in disaster as they slithered into the playoff's as 2nd wild card. Had they been in the other conference they would have missed out. By pure happenstance, the Seattle Green Wave provided 19 wins for us and 25% of PP earnings for the week. (I know this only because of the 32-6 crush in game 162).

Fortuitously, I noticed the the pitching match-up for the WC game was P. Martinez vs. P. Martinez. A quick check revealed that my P. Martinez was shelled 3 times by my WC opponent, while Spahn pitched exemplarily against them twice. Make that 3 times..... (to be continued).

It's not worth a new post. The wild card mojo was in full force as the Magpies flew into the finals for the 2nd week in a row. But it took a bottom of the 9th rally in game 4 to avoid the sweep and a 1-0 Spahn gem in game 5 was insufficient to overcome losing the first 3 games.

Last edited by bailey; 02-21-2021 at 06:57 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:32 PM   #308
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

So we find ourselves down 3-0 in the World Series of G303. No big deal until I look at and see the other team has the most blatant history of tanking I've ever seen.

Enjoy your Gold 303 Championship and those 135 regular season wins. You have been reported and better be banned.
Attached Images

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:48 PM   #309
bailey
Hall Of Famer

The Magpies' owner (me) was bemoaning blowing 1 million PP on Shoeless Joe, when today he's substantially cheaper. On the other hand, Magpies' Shoeless was conference MVP and LCS MVP and Diamond Level Series MVP and thereby the Magpies get a shot at one of the last 2 PL trophies.

The regular season was expected to be a blowout as the Magpies were the only PL vets in the division. 115 victories later, it was off to the DL playoffs for the 29th time. Luckily, I wasn't home to witness the nail biting 3 games to 2 DS win over the wild card team. (A team I beat handily 15-4 during the regular season). Next up, were the Pigeontown Pigeons, proud owners of 28 perfect cards on their reserve roster.
. They attempted to reverse sweep me, but lost in 6. Finally, the Fair Play Cheaters were my finals opponent. They were proud owners of the rare PTCS Cy Young card. They also lost in 6. And it will be the 6th time in PL for the Magpies.

Edit: Just noticed the venerable Mariano Rivera blew 12 saves during the regular season.....

Last edited by bailey; 02-28-2021 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:38 PM   #310
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninYakAngler View Post
So we find ourselves down 3-0 in the World Series of G303. No big deal until I look at and see the other team has the most blatant history of tanking I've ever seen.

Enjoy your Gold 303 Championship and those 135 regular season wins. You have been reported and better be banned.
As much as the OOTP developers trying deter tanking (cheating), tankers have to tank.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2021, 10:41 PM   #311
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
The Magpies' owner (me) was bemoaning blowing 1 million PP on Shoeless Joe, when today he's substantially cheaper. On the other hand, Magpies' Shoeless was conference MVP and LCS MVP and Diamond Level Series MVP and thereby the Magpies get a shot at one of the last 2 PL trophies.

The regular season was expected to be a blowout as the Magpies were the only PL vets in the division. 115 victories later, it was off to the DL playoffs for the 29th time. Luckily, I wasn't home to witness the nail biting 3 games to 2 DS win over the wild card team. (A team I beat handily 15-4 during the regular season). Next up, were the Pigeontown Pigeons, proud owners of 28 perfect cards on their reserve roster.
. They attempted to reverse sweep me, but lost in 6. Finally, the Fair Play Cheaters were my finals opponent. They were proud owners of the rare PTCS Cy Young card. They also lost in 6. And it will be the 6th time in PL for the Magpies.

Edit: Just noticed the venerable Mariano Rivera blew 12 saves during the regular season.....
Good Luck making the Perfect league playoffs.

Old 03-03-2021, 12:58 AM   #312
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Good Luck making the Perfect league playoffs.
Thanks, for the good wishes, but the only thing I will achieve is smashing the franchise record for losses. Formerly, 92 from my 1st PL season in 2038 to well over 100 this week. 30 weeks of grinding and I lost ground to the competition.

I threw in the towel by claiming Brooks Robinson off waivers (completed Solid Gold collection). Sold Willie Wells for a tiny profit, then had just enough coin to buy SE Steve Carlton.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 213
Size:  5.2 KB

Speaking of completing missions, 36 of 40 teams have completed at least 366 missions. The other 4 (like me) completed less than 200 including one anti-collector player that completed just one. I wonder which one! Among the 4 (not me) one is in first place and a former PL champion and the one who did just one is a contender as well.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:11 AM   #313
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

It is really annoying that SE Boggs costs 150K less than his component parts. That is really pushing the limit of what a fresh card is worth to me...
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #314
bailey
Hall Of Famer

In the end, the Magpies did not set any records for losing, but still ended up in last place. After the low point of 17-41, the team managed to play .514 the rest of the way. 83 wins was good enough to tie for last wild card spot. On the bright side, Shoeless Joe earned 400PP for winning the batting title.

Old 03-07-2021, 05:28 PM   #315
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In the end, the Magpies did not set any records for losing, but still ended up in last place. After the low point of 17-41, the team managed to play .514 the rest of the way. 83 wins was good enough to tie for last wild card spot. On the bright side, Shoeless Joe earned 400PP for winning the batting title.
I'm surprised your team didn't fair well at the Perfect level? Your team dominates at the Diamond level. Need to cough up another million PP?

Old 03-09-2021, 12:10 PM   #316
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I'm surprised your team didn't fair well at the Perfect level? Your team dominates at the Diamond level. Need to cough up another million PP?
More than that, I'm afraid. (not counting legend Jackie which alone is 2.5 mil). I think if I keep playing maniacally for 6 more months I should have all the players I need to make a decent run.

Old 03-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #317
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

After spending most of the past 30-45 days concentrating on completing the entire FOTF Mission set, I finally wrapped it up this morning. Had some lucky card pulls along the way that helped fund the whole endeavor. It was a good offseason hobby during the peak winter months but I probably would never had even bothered had the developers not made all packs purchasable. You still had to hunt for certain cards but I remember how barren most of the auction house market was a few months ago, so it was nice to feel like it was actually possible to finish up these mission sets even after a number of other Perfect Team players had hung up their virtual cleats for the winter.

Spent most of these past weeks in Gold...mainly because I kept getting bounced in the early wildcard or division series matchups. Hopefully I don't get bounced that early this week so I can begin tinkering around with strategy options more when I am back in Diamond.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:42 PM   #318
bailey
Hall Of Famer

That's interesting. I keep going back and forth about whether to try to complete FOTF or not. If I sold all non-FOTF cards on my alt, I could have 1 mil+ to start with. I wonder if that would be enough? If I have to sell most of the reward cards to keep going, what's the point?

Old 03-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #319
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Easily enough at this point.

There are plenty of FOTF rewards you don't want to use that still have some value on the market. Plus by doing it late you can be sure to use diamonds that double-up usage in other valuable missions without much if any premium. I wish I had been more patient, probably cost me 500K+ just to have it done a few weeks earlier.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:56 PM   #320
tbonetim
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
That's interesting. I keep going back and forth about whether to try to complete FOTF or not. If I sold all non-FOTF cards on my alt, I could have 1 mil+ to start with. I wonder if that would be enough? If I have to sell most of the reward cards to keep going, what's the point?
Yeah I basically did what DKGO mentions. I knew I had hit my limit at competing at Diamond as more and more teams had several of the top tier pitcher and hitter cards. I had made most of my points off of selling historical cards during the height of the FOTF mission collection madness in July/August and had pieced together some FOTF cards from those sales. I sold off most of my FOTF cards over phases. I got into a rhythm, especially in using the Historical Pack rewards from completing Gold Missions and some of the other minor non-FOTF missions to build up my ranks of gold cards after each mission I completed. I got lucky because it seemed for the first couple weeks after the Historical and Diamond packs were permanently on sale, it was a buyers market. I also was having extremely great luck with my card pulls during most of that time too (4 Historical Perfects and some good historical diamonds, along with probably 8 Live perfects). It's probably around 20 to 30% more expensive now for diamond cards for most sets, especially the higher tiered ones. I know I was spending about 6 to sometimes 20K more in points on cards than what they had been going for a month earlier. Good old supply and demand economics. Anyways, I just figured I would finish the FOTF missions since it looked like something kind of fun to do before OOTP 22 comes out. Not that I won't play OOTP 21 Perfect Team still of course.

Last edited by tbonetim; 03-10-2021 at 03:57 PM.
tbonetim is offline   Reply With Quote