Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > Perfect Team 22
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 22 Perfect Team 22 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-14-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Change to the Twitch Drops Program (eff. February 15th) - Q&A Within

Good morning folks. We wanted to let you know of a change that will affect our Twitch Drops program starting Monday, February 15th, 2021

Due to a change on the Twitch end, Twitch Drops will no longer be automatically added to your account. While watching the stream, you will need to redeem drops via the Twitch notifications. You can manage your drops (for all games) by visiting https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory

Again, this is a change that Twitch has made, we are simply complying with the rules in place do we can continue to provide in-game drops for loyal viewers of our Twitch streams.

You can find a question and answer post in the next post. If you have a question, leave it below and we'll get the answer for you.

We thank you for your continued support

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/

Last edited by Kris Jardine; 02-15-2021 at 09:40 AM.
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Q - Why are you making changes to the Twitch Drops program?

A - Back in August, Twitch announced a new system for Drops. The original date for implementation was January 15th (and it was extended until February 18th). The legacy drops system (the system we were using) will no longer be supported as of that date, meaning if we did not update our Drops program to match the new system and criteria, we would no longer have Drops available on our Twitch channel. Obviously, we wanted to continue to provide an incentive for the dedicated users who engage with our live content, so here we are. Some of these changes will impact the amount of drops a user will receive as well as the ease of claiming them, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this. We are simply complying with the parameters of the new program Twitch has designed to continue to provide rewards
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Q - How do I redeem a drop?

A - Our drops will still be based on time watched (as they have been previously). Once you hit the required time, a message will show at the bottom of chat for a brief time allowing you to redeem. If you miss that message, you can redeem your drops on your Drops inventory page - https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory
Q - Is there an expiry to redeem the drops?

A - There is not, drops earned during a campaign can be redeemed at the Drops Inventory URL https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory
Q - Do I need to claim a drop before being able to earn time towards another?

A - YES. You earn drops one at a time and they DO NOT stack. You must claim your drop either via the in-chat pop-up or via the Drops Inventory link above before the time will start on another drop. EX. if you watch for 2 hours but do not claim the first drop after reaching the 15 minute time threshold, that will be the only drop you receive for that total time watched.
Q - Is there a maximum number of drops I can receive?

A - YES. Drops are limited to five (5) rewards per viewer, per day
Q - How can I make sure I receive the most drops for my time watched?

A - We encourage all of our viewers to redeem their drops as they receive them either via the in-chat pop-up or on the Drops Inventory page (https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory) as soon as they receive them. This will ensure the time starts on the next drop.
Q - what is considered a "day" for the purpose of the five pack maximum?

A - 3am-3am Eastern Time
Q - Will it work when I watch on my TV (through a smart TV, Chromecast or other method?)

A - You will still accumulate drops when watching on TV, but you will need to claim them either through the mobile app or web browser (https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory) as Twitch does not currently support claiming through casted or TV-based apps
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Kris Jardine; 02-15-2021 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:24 AM   #3
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

The Q&A has been updated above as well as a new implementation date of Monday, January 25th being set

Old 01-26-2021, 08:40 AM   #4
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Good morning folks. After our first stream with the new drops program, it became obvious based on reports that users were having an issue receiving packs after the first claim (for claim #2 and onward). We investigated this early this morning and determined it is an issue on Twitch's end. We have reached out to Twitch Support to communicate the issue and further instructions but in the meantime, we will be reverting to the old drops system at least for this week. Thank you all for your patience, we know its frustrating but we're just trying our best to provide an incentive to viewing our Twitch content. As things change, we will keep you updated

Old 01-26-2021, 03:46 PM   #5
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs up Thanks Kris

Your intervention probably explains why my drops from last night showed up today. It's very kind of you folks to put such effort into our free lunch.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:02 PM   #6
tschirber
Minors (Single A)

It's probably user error on my part but I can't seem to get the inventory of card packs I've received by watching twitch videos into my one PT team. I have a twitch account and I am linked to OOTP. On two separate nights now I've accumulated drops but they do not appear. The game is generally shut down while I'm watching and I login after I see that a pack has been dropped. I've checked under transaction history as some have suggested but I do not see the drops there either. Any suggestions?
tschirber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 07:13 AM   #7
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Good morning everyone. We will be re-enabling the new drops program today after a bit more development and working with Twitch to work out some of the bugs. Please refer to the Q&A above as it still applies to the program.

If you have any questions, please leave them here and we'll do our best to answer them

Old 02-15-2021, 08:38 AM   #8
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Oh well, the old way was fun while it lasted.

At least you waited until after a DRC/Dishnet streamapalooza before implementing the new system. So thanks for that.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:37 AM   #9
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Might have missed the details, but for last night's "test stream" during the usual Chicago Hope slot, was that just to test the pop ups/buttons/etc worked right, but not actually distribute packs, or were we supposed to get the packs as well?

If packs were supposed to show up, as of this morning I'm not showing anything for my Waffletown Syrups team (which is the team I have linked to the twitch drops). Got three claims in last night.

edit: assuming my ID-link got messed up or the like, as I went in tonight to re-link and the last two packs claimed with tonight's stream (2/16) have already popped in, so all good

Last edited by stl jason; 02-16-2021 at 10:16 PM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 02:41 PM   #10
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Just wanted to go on the record that I do not like this change. It's just too much clicking around to get the packs. I simply don't have the personal time available to stay engaged with the many many hours of streams every week. Not to mention, the idea of being penalized for not partaking in social media leaves a very sour taste in my mouth just generally speaking.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:00 PM   #11
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

No one likes the change. Twitch has been doing things people hate forever but they are the only show in town and know it.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 10:13 PM   #12
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Just wanted to go on the record that I do not like this change. It's just too much clicking around to get the packs. I simply don't have the personal time available to stay engaged with the many many hours of streams every week. Not to mention, the idea of being penalized for not partaking in social media leaves a very sour taste in my mouth just generally speaking.

found a little work-around for having to click the button each time (at least if you are viewing the twitch stream using a chrome browser).... just added an extension called 'click.repeat', copied the xpath for the 'claim' button that pops up in the chat and set the cycle to 10 seconds (tried 15 minutes but hard to get it exactly timed to match up; and it didn't seem to cause any issues with the short 10 second interval)... and then just let it go...

my last two packs tonight got auto-claimed by the click-extension, so huzzah
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:22 PM   #13
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
found a little work-around for having to click the button each time (at least if you are viewing the twitch stream using a chrome browser).... just added an extension called 'click.repeat', copied the xpath for the 'claim' button that pops up in the chat and set the cycle to 10 seconds (tried 15 minutes but hard to get it exactly timed to match up; and it didn't seem to cause any issues with the short 10 second interval)... and then just let it go...

my last two packs tonight got auto-claimed by the click-extension, so huzzah
hah, that's great!
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:44 AM   #14
mrworld86
Bat Boy

drops

how can i change which team of mine gets the drops?

Jeff
mrworld86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:05 PM   #15
brotherblues
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrworld86 View Post
how can i change which team of mine gets the drops?

Jeff
For that matter, how do I affiliate any team at all?
brotherblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 06:44 PM   #16
Torgonius
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherblues View Post
For that matter, how do I affiliate any team at all?
I was about to post something snarky about checking the forum, but the actual information is still only back in the PT 21 forum...

Use this video to see how to get your twitch drop hooked up.
Old 05-24-2021, 08:03 PM   #17
brotherblues
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgonius View Post
I was about to post something snarky about checking the forum, but the actual information is still only back in the PT 21 forum...

Use this video to see how to get your twitch drop hooked up.
Thanks. I'm following the instructions in the video, and I have another question.

This is my profile: https://challenge.ootpdevelopments.c...iles/gontrevil

It doesn't show that I have ootp 22 when in fact I do and I am playing Perfect Team 22. Would that be an impediment to getting my twitch drops?

p.s. I *am* looking around for an answer in the meantime, but I won't turn down help if you know something.

Last edited by brotherblues; 05-24-2021 at 08:05 PM.
brotherblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 11:36 AM   #18
daves
Hall Of Famer

How do I know what live shows count for drops and what doesn't? For instance, DRC's show didn't count for drops and some others.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 12:17 PM   #19
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
How do I know what live shows count for drops and what doesn't? For instance, DRC's show didn't count for drops and some others.

An easy way to remember is if the shows web address is "www.twitch.tv/ootpdevelopments" and it is covering OOTP, then you will get drops.

Just remember that FHM shows are also shown on the same channel with the same web address however, you will not get drops for watching a FHM stream.

Also, you are limited to 5 drops per day.

So if two back-two-back OOTP baseball streams air on the same night or there is one show aired in the morning and one later that night, you only can collect 5 Drops.

Hope that helps you out.

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 08-28-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #20
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
An easy way to remember is if the shows web address is "www.twitch.tv/ootpdevelopments" and it is covering OOTP, then you will get drops.

Just remember that FHM shows are also shown on the same channel with the same web address however, you will not get drops for watching a FHM stream.

Also, you are limited to 5 drops per day.

So if two back-two-back OOTP baseball streams air on the same night or there is one show aired in the morning and one later that night, you only can collect 5 Drops.

Hope that helps you out.
Thanks, but I strictly use the Twitch app on my phone.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote