Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-07-2021, 06:08 AM   #61
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

PT20: 10
PT21: 4
PT22: 4

I am sad 20 will be ending soon. I have uninstalled 21 and will of course buy 22 and will give it a go. It deserves a 2nd chance. I had a Diamond league team that never went up, I think I went down once or twice.

I did well early in pack pulling but did terribly the last few months and sales of perfects became close to quick sale values for many cards..

I did like the missions early on. This year a pulled a bunch of cards instead of buying players and by the time The Face were all listed I had completed every mission in the game Then it kind of went screwy for my personal taste and I lost interest in trying to complete the rest. Once the duplicate cards sales were no longer able to finance mission completion purchases, I stopped trying.

I also felt there were far too many players with multiple cards.

Last edited by webdox; 02-07-2021 at 02:20 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:25 AM   #62
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

PT19 - 10
PT20 - 10
PT21 - 5
PT22 - 4

I will create a F2P team but I am not buying OOTP22 for PT - PT21 involved too much power creep and was/is top heavy on cards. Quality vs quantity played a big factor for me this season in several aspects. (Cards/Tournaments/Collections)

The Auction House lost integrity at some point during the season and the value drop on cards was disheartening. Flooded with similar or better new cards.

Hopeful that a good balance will eventually be found - but the spark I felt in 19/20 was stepped all over this season. Even the community seemed to attract more elitists with attitude and some excess drama...I guess all part of growth.

Appreciate the Devs efforts though - tough thing to do finding that sweet spot. Wish them the best of luck.

OOTP20
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #63
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodoMojo View Post
Even the community seemed to attract more elitists with attitude and some excess drama
THIS. The discord became far too toxic for my taste. When too many jerks congregate on any place, the whole thing gets ruined for a lot of people. Main reason why I'm going it alone in PT 22.

Not the place to name names, so I won't. Those people know who they are, and I'm fairly certain they're proud of themselves.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 02-09-2021 at 10:37 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:48 AM   #64
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Discord has always seemed more venomous than a cobra to me. I went there briefly in the early stages of PT. It was a enough for this old man. To each his/her own though. Many like it.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:45 AM   #65
frankbama
Minors (Triple A)

This is my first year playing so I have no 19/20 comparisons to go by. I like this year but had a whole lot of suggestions in the survey.

Disclaimer out of the way, yes I do know 100 doesn't necessarily mean better than 93 or whatever. Though perfect/diamond league teams tend to be all 100s.

I like all the missions including the FOTF but most here are right - the missions inflated a bunch of cards' prices until the point people stopped playing and then most cards' prices dropped to the point of not being able to acquire new cards through missions without actual money by reselling your unusables (way too many as others have mentioned).The top tier prices then went the other way making it impossible to get a 400k card without spending $100.

BTW though the silver card quantity in FOTF were way too many with most teams - by the time they came out there were some players you couldn't get anymore because they were being horded or insane prices, usually because they were also in 3 other missions. Other players, like Mets for some reason are hardly ever being sold, at least when I'm in the AH.

As far as the game goes, realism really needs to be here. I'm thinking the GOAT should be the GOAT in these types of games. I also think that some of the GOAT are playing right now so why have their live cards not be useful? Live cards shouldn't be useless at higher levels if they truly are future HOF. I'm 43 and it would also be nice to see a lot of the guys I grew up with be on a somewhat level playing field with deadballs - though of course something would need to equalize steroid era power. Burnitz is not better than Mathews.

Lastly, let's widen the rankings of players. Use 1-100 or something scales so that the perfects are actually close to perfect, a 90 is a really awesome but not perfect player but all still need close inspection to see the appropriate skills you need to compete.

100 for Edwin Diaz? Come on! Dude can't throw a strike and if control is the most important, let's temper that OVR.

Way too many Skye Bolts and Emilio Bonifacios!
frankbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #66
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbama View Post
This is my first year playing so I have no 19/20 comparisons to go by. I like this year but had a whole lot of suggestions in the survey.

Disclaimer out of the way, yes I do know 100 doesn't necessarily mean better than 93 or whatever. Though perfect/diamond league teams tend to be all 100s.

I like all the missions including the FOTF but most here are right - the missions inflated a bunch of cards' prices until the point people stopped playing and then most cards' prices dropped to the point of not being able to acquire new cards through missions without actual money by reselling your unusables (way too many as others have mentioned).The top tier prices then went the other way making it impossible to get a 400k card without spending $100.

BTW though the silver card quantity in FOTF were way too many with most teams - by the time they came out there were some players you couldn't get anymore because they were being horded or insane prices, usually because they were also in 3 other missions. Other players, like Mets for some reason are hardly ever being sold, at least when I'm in the AH.

As far as the game goes, realism really needs to be here. I'm thinking the GOAT should be the GOAT in these types of games. I also think that some of the GOAT are playing right now so why have their live cards not be useful? Live cards shouldn't be useless at higher levels if they truly are future HOF. I'm 43 and it would also be nice to see a lot of the guys I grew up with be on a somewhat level playing field with deadballs - though of course something would need to equalize steroid era power. Burnitz is not better than Mathews.

Lastly, let's widen the rankings of players. Use 1-100 or something scales so that the perfects are actually close to perfect, a 90 is a really awesome but not perfect player but all still need close inspection to see the appropriate skills you need to compete.

100 for Edwin Diaz? Come on! Dude can't throw a strike and if control is the most important, let's temper that OVR.

Way too many Skye Bolts and Emilio Bonifacios!

I wish we still had the "thanks" button.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:28 PM   #67
MaroonAlberich
Minors (Single A)

I agree with most of the comments already posted.

All ratings should matter to some degree or other, but when we know that we really only care about 3 stats out of all there is...why even bother with the pretense of putting other ratings in?

Like others said, it's nuts that Babe Ruth is unplayable at top levels. Also like others said, why do some players need 7 different cards? Not everybody is a superstar, but surely we can do more than put in 5 or 6 Boggs and Rose cards each, right?

Fix the tournament interface. Why do we have to exit one tournament (or the league) to go into another tournament. Eliminate the middle step and put buttons that let us go into any of the four possible competitions a given team is in. And please, please, please(!), fix the coding so that the last guy into a tournament doesn't have to wait half an hour just to get to his roster.

Finally, and to me the most important thing: Be transparent! Provide a way for us to see how many copies of a certain card are out in the OOTP universe. All year long, I've felt that certain cards (or sets) were depressed in their release rates. (Looking at you, Negro League Cards.) But I can't prove it, because (at least so far as I know), those numbers are simply not available to me.

That said, I'll come back for OOTP22. I keep hearing that the feedback is taken into account and changes are being made for the next iteration based on what is said here, on Twitch, in Discord...and I keep seeing a lot of the same things being said. Benefit of the doubt goes to the dev team this time, but I sure hope to see a good faith effort to address many of the issues that keep coming back.
MaroonAlberich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:28 PM   #68
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
I wish we still had the "thanks" button.

I always wished we had had a thumbs down button. Nothing to do with anything anyone said here, except the above quote made me think of it.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:18 PM   #69
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I always wished we had had a thumbs down button. Nothing to do with anything anyone said here, except the above quote made me think of it.

Yeah, there's been a few times a thumbs down would have came in handy, lol.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 04:42 PM   #70
dbqs
Major Leagues

I actually wasn't that excited for PT21 after PT20 - I thought I was gonna have less time at home to do the throughout-the-day checking-in on stuff that is almost required to do well... but then we had a pandemic and I work from home now soooo. It sucked me back in. I'm pretty excited for PT22, hopeful for improvements and more fun.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:59 AM   #71
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

I need some juicy info on new/different/interesting stuff in 22 to get at all excited about it. If it's just a more refined version of the same formula, I won't be playing.
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:47 AM   #72
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
I need some juicy info on new/different/interesting stuff in 22 to get at all excited about it. If it's just a more refined version of the same formula, I won't be playing.
I'm getting excited about the new version coming out, however, I'm not expecting anything other than refinements. It's Perfect League, collections and tournaments. What else can there be? Hopefully, refinements made in response to the most vocal posters don't break anything.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:18 PM   #73
mayday10
Minors (Double A)

PT 2020 - 1 (was a 9 in the beginning)

PT 2021 - 2

Too many cards, way too convoluted and the whole early-balance issue with the live rewards created a boring environment early on.

mayday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:25 PM   #74
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
It's Perfect League, collections and tournaments. What else can there be?
For a start, I'd definitely get a bit excited about some kind of tournament roster manager, which I've wanted since about day 3 after tournaments first began. I'd call that more of an addition than a refinement.
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote