Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-05-2019, 08:58 AM   #1
Leefoo
Major Leagues

I always forget how to do this. :(

If I want to lower offense in a league, do I set the offensive numbers below or above 1?

Also, is there anything I can do to pitching to raise the level of that, too?

Needless to say, I am not a fan of lots of offense and HRs.

TIA for any and all responses.
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:01 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

directly related to the particular stat... so if you raise it, it happens more often.

whether that hurts or helps offense depends on which one you are working with. it works the same relative to each stat showng in STats and AI and LTM related to that stat.

if you want to reduce HR by 10% and the current LTM is .937, then you reduce it by .0937 or .094ish (.937 * .10). always calculate from current value and reduce by what you want from that value.

one thing to note. As you shift one, other things shift, too. so, the above works perfectly if you change 1 LTM at a time. if you change multiple modifiers, you may need to make several adjustments after that to get what you intended, or you have to think it through, adjust other modifiers in your head as you go and layer them on top of each other for a final adjustment to several LTM. e.g. reducing hr increases babip, so you you may want to influence babip in a negative way thoguh another ltm, if that makes sense, or if it's acceptable range, just let it go as is.

e.g. what else does HR affect? BABIP will likely go up proportionately, if nothing else has changed, as one example.

if you add 1,000 SO via modifiers, that's going to reduce hits, 2b, 3b, hr, r, etc all in proportion to the new ratios provided by the ltms as a whole set. (referring to some inifinite sample average, not 1 season's result - you still have ebb and flow of results due to many other factors like player creation and development processes)

on top of all that, the modifiers are not a continuous curve of results. you will find some don't even resolve to the .001 that you can adjust (like balks, passed balls and such). there will be some minimum that these stats change, and you cannot fine tune between those options.. e.g. i think balks has ~5 settings relative to any drop-down on left of Stats and AI that might influence that further than what the LTM on its own can do.

so, i'd suggest making one change at a time, verfiy that change and then adjust other things as needed -- 1 at a time... until it's all worked out.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-05-2019 at 10:04 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:01 AM   #3
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Thx. Hopefully, now, I'll be able to figure out what you just wrote, lol.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
If I want to lower offense in a league, do I set the offensive numbers below or above 1?

Also, is there anything I can do to pitching to raise the level of that, too?

Needless to say, I am not a fan of lots of offense and HRs.

TIA for any and all responses.
You'd be better off finding an era or set of seasons using Baseball Reference that suit you and importing the league totals in whole or in part. Then use autocalc just before the season to match player ratings and expected stat output via LTM. For example I used parts of three seasons 2008-11 to seed my long term leagues. Edit, I manually set LTM via a spreadsheet each season.

Another important part is to match general strategic tendencies to the desired output. For example excessive sacrifice bunts where such strategy was rare will likely reduce offence even more than expected. It doesn't hurt anything it's more of an awareness thing.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 10-05-2019 at 12:41 PM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #5
Leefoo
Major Leagues

THX! That's an idea....I wonder what 1972 or even 1968 would do to 2019. I love being an OOTP mad scientist. I'll add that to my 39 other projects I have going, lol.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:25 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
THX! That's an idea....I wonder what 1972 or even 1968 would do to 2019. I love being an OOTP mad scientist. I'll add that to my 39 other projects I have going, lol.

I use 1984 myself, but have at it. Experiment, and find what suits you.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

yeah, get into the ballpark of what you want, and then adjustments are small and easy over time, and in meantime the results are probably not far off anyway.

just change one ltm at a time and you will be fine. if you reduce or add 10% to a modfier, it will react in an easily predictable way.

it's only when you change many that causes complications.

now, if you use a historical year as a base and make adjustments, keep track of those adjustments.

if you ever need to re-apply due to oddities in results or too much ebb and flow in a direction you don't want, you re-import that "1984", or whatever, and apply the same %-adjustments to each one.

in before you reduce ltma, b, and c by x, y, and z%, then you simply re-apply those percentages AFTER you autocalculate the modifiers for whatever set of LTM you just imported.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-07-2019 at 04:24 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:55 PM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Any update on your stats output Leefoo? How's the "mad scientist" approach working out?

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote