Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I'd just like to say what a great game OOTP 12 is

Yes, OOTP 12 is great. It runs quickly, has awesome new features like game saves, player replacement verification, recalc, the newspaper, and reserve clause financials. It is very stable and it's the most fun of any version yet. The replay value is incalculable, and the cost per hour of entertainment can be measured in pennies. It's truly a great game.

I'd like to thank Markus, Andreas, the roster makers, the database makers, the logo makers, the Facegen and photo guys and especially Padresfan and Jazzrack for hosting the mods that make a great game even better.

Congratulations, you have all made or contributed to something outstanding. well done.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
tward13
All Star Starter

Since your game experience is different than mine you must be wrong.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Since your game experience is different than mine you must be wrong.
LOL. The recent outbreak of whiner crybaby threads is why I started this one.

This is a great game.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
EMSoccerCoach
Hall Of Famer

mmmmmmm....lime
Old 07-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I'd like to thank ... the Facegen ... guys and especially Padresfan and Jazzrack for hosting the mods that make a great game even better.
I don't think you play the era I've worked on (mostly 1958 and before), but it's really appreciated

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
Old 07-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
Terpripken
All Star Starter

Ditto.

The saved game feature is HUGE for me as I play out every game, but also have 2 small children who don't care if Daddy is playing his game.

Same goes for player replacement verification. I can't tell you how many times I screwed up double switches by accidently dragging and dropping a player into the wrong spot and having to redo it while losing a player in the process.

Those 2 features alone make OOTP 12 well worth the money to me.

Add in the auto-recalc feature which saves tons of time setting up a new league, and this version goes from great to must have.

I'm a happy camper. Money well spent. Thanks guys.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSoccerCoach View Post
mmmmmmm....lime
Mmmmmmmmmmm...typos.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
I don't think you play the era I've worked on (mostly 1958 and before), but it's really appreciated
No, but that doesn't mean that I don't really appreciate the effort you and others have put in to make this a better game.

Thank you.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:23 PM   #9
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

n/m

Last edited by The Wolf; 07-25-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #10
Terpripken
All Star Starter

Ditto.

The saved game feature is HUGE for me as I play out every game, but also have 2 small children who don't care if Daddy is playing his game.

Same goes for player replacement verification. I can't tell you how many times I screwed up double switches by accidently dragging and dropping a player into the wrong spot and having to redo it while losing a player in the process.

Those 2 features alone make OOTP 12 well worth the money to me.

Add in the auto-recalc feature which saves tons of time setting up a new league, and this version goes from great to must have.

I'm a happy camper. Money well spent. Thanks guys.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Great game! Does it have a few thingd that can be fixed or improved? Of course! But, there is no other sim game that even approaches the level of OOTP12. And you know Markus will continue to fix any remaining bugs and improve OOTP12 with additional features. EA Sports, 2K sports and any other sports sim company does not even touch the dedication of Markus and company.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson

Last edited by ashantewarrier; 07-25-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #12
gnb1982
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes. I would like to echo The Wolf and Terpripken. I love OOTP 12 and have been playing various OOTP releases for several years now. I too manage and play out the games and therefore agree with Terpripken's points. At the same time, I also simulate and play in other leagues as a GM and thus experience OOTP from multiple vantage points. I feel like OOTP is a huge success and am sure subsequent OOTP releases will triumph as well. As Wolf pointed out, Padrefan and others have made the experience more enjoyable for so many. So, thanks to all involved in the project and helping to make OOTP 12 a great game.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #13
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Great game! Does it have a few thing that can be fixed or improved? Of course! But, there is no other sim game that even approaches the level of OOTP12. And you know Markus will continue to fix any remaining bugs and improve OOTP12 with additional features. EA Sports, 2K sports and any other sports sim company does not even touch the dedication of Markus and company.
You know it! I wish that I'd written that.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #14
tward13
All Star Starter

This sounds GREAT! Can't wait until my league is able to use it. Should be fun.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
Terpripken
All Star Starter

I can't believe that I forgot to mention the ability to use real life transactions and lineups. I haven't used the feature much yet, but in past versions I would always have my browser open to BaseballRefrence or RetroSheet to try and recreate specific lineups.

This feature is just to cool for words, and I'm pretty sure was put together by volunteers from the community. So...thanks for that guys. Simply awesome.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #16
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpripken View Post
I can't believe that I forgot to mention the ability to use real life transactions and lineups. I haven't used the feature much yet, but in past versions I would always have my browser open to BaseballRefrence or RetroSheet to try and recreate specific lineups.

This feature is just to cool for words, and I'm pretty sure was put together by volunteers from the community. So...thanks for that guys. Simply awesome.
What I love about this feature is the memories it brings back. Sure playing this way can seem contrived and forced at times, but it also is a cool way to relive one of your favorite team's seasons. I love this new feature as well.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #17
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
This sounds GREAT! Can't wait until my league is able to use it. Should be fun.
LOL. You have a computer: start a league on it and play, it's fun! Alternatively, join one of the many online leagues that Andreas mentioned yesterday that HAVE figured out how to play OOTP 12 online. Or go play MLB: The Show. Or go do something else fun. Anything besides hanging around here being Old Captain Poopypants.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
Marines990
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
LOL. You have a computer: start a league on it and play, it's fun! Alternatively, join one of the many online leagues that Andreas mentioned yesterday that HAVE figured out how to play OOTP 12 online. Or go play MLB: The Show. Or go do something else fun. Anything besides hanging around here being Old Captain Poopypants.
Wolf, you need to understand that "we" are not "you". I purchased OOTP12 for one reason only; to start a OOTP12 Online Scouting league. It just doesnt work at the moment. All the time and money (the game and website cost over $150.00, spending many nights trying to find a work around to get the file playable) spent trying to achieve the only thing you purchase the game for is frustrating.

Your solution; "join a working league or just start a single player game" does not make everyone happy, maybe you, but not everyone.

Please consider that just because you are happy does not mean that everyone has to be happy and that our needs have been met by the game.

I have never said anything bad about the game, although I am very frusterated, I just want to get my league going and have some fun.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #19
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marines990 View Post
I have never said anything bad about the game, although I am very frusterated, I just want to get my league going and have some fun.
You will soon, they will get bugs worked out in the next patch or two. Play around with it for now to get your settings and setup the way you will want it. Have patience, they work hard to ensure the game is playable and enjoyable.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #20
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, you guys need to do something constructive. Don't sit around here and whine and moan. Don't damage sales over the fact that your particular league somehow doesn't work - especially when many others do, and whatever problem there is might even be of your own league's making.

Don't crap on everyone else's happiness, or scare newbies, or drive sales away for no reason. Go back to 11, play 12 solo, join an online 12 league that works, play another game - anything you might enjoy, but just quit all the snarkiness and the whining. We've heard you. Over and over and over and over. Andreas has heard you. Aliens in far away galaxies have heard you. Enough.

This is a great game. You guys need to stop crapping all over it.

Closed Thread