Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #4881
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D374 Update

Motown Burns Bright, Shoots to Top Of Diamond Standings

The Motown Stars treaded water in July, but the competition faltered a bit, so that was good enough to grab the lead in the hotly-contested Diamond standings. Topeka is hot on their heels, though, so the race is still on.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #4882
Edster007
All Star Starter

Does anybody remember when entry ends? Does it end Saturday night as leagues do or does it run through Sunday?

My Jefferson Valley Rebels are on fire in Entry league I don't know the criteria for placement is but I ask that those in Bronze add Edster007d before Monday just in case I bypass Iron.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:07 AM   #4883
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Okay, Salem might not be setting the world on fire, but we DID just receive the Pitcher and Player of the Month Awards! Way to go Willie Stargell (.385 with 10 homers) and Oliver Perez (4-0 with a 1.51 ERA).

I can't match you guys in stat thinkin', so I have to take my joy where I can.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:46 AM   #4884
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Perfect league update:

Bold Strategy maintains a solid lead heading into the dog days of summer
Wildcard races in the AC are gonna be tight
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 02:07 PM   #4885
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Does anybody remember when entry ends? Does it end Saturday night as leagues do or does it run through Sunday?

My Jefferson Valley Rebels are on fire in Entry league I don't know the criteria for placement is but I ask that those in Bronze add Edster007d before Monday just in case I bypass Iron.
I think they play through Sunday, but to be honest I don't recall.

I think everyone in Entry is dumped to Iron the following week. The only time you could skip leagues was in the first few weeks, when they were populating the leagues.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:22 PM   #4886
allenciox
All Star Reserve

FYI, those that have played against the Southpaws know what a fantastic player SS Arky Vaughan (97) is. He has actually won MVP of my perfect league two of the last three years (this year might have been three out of four if I had kept it around, as he did start the all-star game). He is a fantastic hitter and a capable defender at third base or second base.

It saddens me to say, but I have decided to put him up for auction. He is now on the AH for 39,999 with a BIN of 44,999. If I COULD buy him for my Bunnies team, I would in a minute, but the system won't let them buy him. This is around his seven-day average, but I think he is worth more --- he is not on any collections which is why he can be had so cheaply. But who knows, there might be a Pirates set of collections coming out with the next batch? Also, he is fully trained at third base, and partially trained at 2B.

Why did I put him up, you ask? Well, his peak card was on the AH for just under 60k... I couldn't quite pass up the steal, and Arky (97) is too good to leave on my reserve roster.

I have priced him to sell cheaply as I actually needed to quick-sell some cards even to have enough PP to pick up the Peak version.

Last edited by allenciox; 09-06-2019 at 09:47 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:21 PM   #4887
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
FYI, those that have played against the Southpaws know what a fantastic player SS Arky Vaughan (97) is. He has actually won MVP of my perfect league two of the last three years (this year might have been three out of four if I had kept it around, as he did start the all-star game). He is a fantastic hitter and a capable defender at third base or second base.

It saddens me to say, but I have decided to put him up for auction. He is now on the AH for 39,999 with a BIN of 44,999. If I COULD buy him for my Bunnies team, I would in a minute, but the system won't let them buy him. This is around his seven-day average, but I think he is worth more --- he is not on any collections which is why he can be had so cheaply. But who knows, there might be a Pirates set of collections coming out with the next batch? Also, he is fully trained at third base, and partially trained at 2B.

Why did I put him up, you ask? Well, his peak card was on the AH for just under 60k... I couldn't quite pass up the steal, and Arky (97) is too good to leave on my reserve roster.

I have priced him to sell cheaply as I actually needed to quick-sell some cards even to have enough PP to pick up the Peak version.
But there is a Pirates collection?? Unless Arky isn't involved.

I'd love to pick up your Arky card, but I only keep cards on my roster with my own stats. Thanks for letting me know that one in the auction house is yours!
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:51 AM   #4888
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I have been scouring the AH for exactly that Arky you posted for a while for my lefty team... but I am so addicted to the collection PP gains, I can't stand to see so much of my bankroll drained on a player (at least until I get a few more of the sets done). Another day, I'm sure someone will take him.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:21 AM   #4889
Edster007
All Star Starter

Back to reality, back to work today. Was blown away that my Boogie Knights went 22-3 in August. Given they have been a .500 team otherwise I'm still not convinced they are playoff bound even with a 10.5 game lead.

Phil Niekro had 2 no hitters yesterday on my entry league team. With those no-no's, turning 6 DP's in a game 5 times so far and two long winning streaks I picked up 11K before adding all the other achievements in. The team is set with points to spare. Now just trying to build up the bankroll for future use over the last two days of entry.
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:22 AM   #4890
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Keepers Slip by Robins in Tight OL G328 Race

Asylum went 7-3 to move to the top while Rockin' rolled out a 15-10 record. Corinth joined the fray, posting a stellar 9-1 skein, while Arkham hung in at 9-6. Sad Hill's abbreviated OL season is over.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:27 AM   #4891
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Bulldogs Lead OL S313 Race

Antique managed a positive 9-8 month to take the lead in the crown chase. Mudville sizzled at 7-1, to leap into third.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #4892
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Allenciox

As a thanks for all your great posts, I worked up a logo for the Caspers, with and without a background. Let me know if they're okay, or if you have other ideas you might want to add, like color changes, etc.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-07-2019, 08:52 AM   #4893
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Awesome Casper icon! By the way, the Caspers are named after my dog . Mostly because he is white and very friendly.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #4894
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Awesome Casper icon! By the way, the Caspers are named after my dog . Mostly because he is white and very friendly.
I was hoping you WEREN'T going to say "because he's dead and is a ghost"
Old 09-07-2019, 09:02 AM   #4895
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D374 Update

Freeloaders Ascend To Top of Diamond

The Virginia Freeloaders rode a 7-2 OL record in August to the top of the Diamond standings. But the Boogie Knights are in hot pursuit, only 1/2 game behind. It seems the race for the Diamond crown has come down to Virginia and Boogie. Each team has 13 OL games remaining on their schedule, so whichever team rises to the occasion will be wearing the blue crown by season's end!

Non OL Playoff News
  • Topeka has a decent lead in the AC Central
  • Boogie has a big lead in the AC West
  • Port Ruppert has all but nailed down the top AC wildcard spot
  • The Freeloaders have made a mockery out of the NC East and will easily win the division
  • Motown has a slim lead over Janesville in the NC West
  • Annandale, Janesville, and Hampton Roads occupy the top three NC wildcard spots, so it's likely two of them will make it.

So it seems we'll have 7 of the playoff spots.

A couple of teams are flirting with relegation but are safe for now.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-07-2019, 09:04 AM   #4896
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:

That does sound like an awesome card. Aside from the fact that none of my teams have enough PP, he:
  • doesn't play good enough defense to fit on Annandale
  • wasn't ever on the Senators, and
  • played too early to qualify for Motown
so... I can't pick him up!
Old 09-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #4897
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

Victoria pulls within percentage points of Bold Strategy as we start the final month of the regular season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #4898
Argonaut
All Star Starter

My Babe was on pace for ~70 homers around the All-Star Break but has slowed down a bit since then. Would have been nice to see in Perfect.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:37 AM   #4899
Magus978
All Star Starter

For a few glorious hours yesterday, I thought the Boppers were gonna have a shot at the greatest of great escapes. Now they're pretty much doomed, the favorable pulls and bullpen acquisitions having failed to make an impact pretty much like everything else I do.

I'll be taking the Boppers out of OL for a little while I figure out which direction I want to take the team (I also want to try and beat up on some non-OL teams to regain some of my confidence in what I'm doing). I do have another OL-compliant team that will take their place, however. I'll reveal those on Sunday once I'm sure where they're gonna be next week.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #4900
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Perfect league update:

Victoria pulls within percentage points of Bold Strategy as we start the final month of the regular season.
AC wild card race in Perfect
Attached Images
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote