Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 09:04 AM   #1
ewank
Minors (Single A)

Refund

How do I go about getting a refund for my purchase? I am playing a career game that I began in OOTP19 and because of a bug I posted (End of Season Personnel) and the lack of response, I cannot continue this career in OOTP20 so it useless to me.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:16 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

If you want a refund you need to submit a ticket (http://support.ootpdevelopments.com/...Tickets/Submit) with your order number/email or something that we can use to look you up.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewank View Post
How do I go about getting a refund for my purchase? I am playing a career game that I began in OOTP19 and because of a bug I posted (End of Season Personnel) and the lack of response, I cannot continue this career in OOTP20 so it useless to me.
You posted this issue 24 hours ago and want a refund because it hasn't been handled yet?
Old 03-29-2019, 09:21 AM   #4
ewank
Minors (Single A)

Not True

I posted it 48 hours ago, but I do not expect the issue to be handled, yet, but my game going forward is stalled and there appears to be no one even telling me that my issue is relevant, that it is being worked on or anything to give me confidence that you actually care about the bug posted. If you read the bug report, all I want is acknowledgement that someone has noted my concern and it will be reviewed. I feel it is being ignored, lots of times read, but no acknowledgement. That is all I need!
Old 03-29-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Matt is looking into it. All good now?
Old 03-29-2019, 10:16 AM   #6
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Hey, we're all human and I get that when something isn't going right with a process that we are heavily invested in it can be really frustrating. And I also get that when that happens and you are relying on someone else to help fix it the frustration becomes less when you have some acknowledgement that they hear you and are working to help you solve the problem.

Having said that, I would just encourage you to remember that this is a small team, a very recent release, and there are lots of moving parts in terms of tweaking the game and responding to all of the requests/issues that are so front of mind for each of us (whether they are as vital to the majority of customers of the game or not.)

You have every right to throw in the towel whenever you wish and request a refund. But are you sure you aren't over-reacting and just hurting yourself in the process when a little bit more patience and understanding will likely yield the results you are looking for and provide you with much more enjoyment and pleasure in the future?
Old 03-29-2019, 10:25 AM   #7
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

It's a game not a job. Start over with a new team
Old 03-29-2019, 10:47 AM   #8
curt
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
It's a game not a job. Start over with a new team
LOL. I'm glad it's just a game for you. It's a part time job for me and the stress is equal to my job. I pretty much led my division by 5 games all year. Played each game PBP. I crumbled in September. Tied for first by season end.Lost the tie breaker. Lost the wildcard. Time to start over with season 7. If I lost this league I would feel like I lost a friend. I back up continually also.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:26 AM   #9
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
I posted it 48 hours ago, but I do not expect the issue to be handled, yet, but my game going forward is stalled and there appears to be no one even telling me that my issue is relevant, that it is being worked on or anything to give me confidence that you actually care about the bug posted. If you read the bug report, all I want is acknowledgement that someone has noted my concern and it will be reviewed. I feel it is being ignored, lots of times read, but no acknowledgement. That is all I need!
Fair enough, man, but show a little patience.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:43 AM   #10
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You are here since 2014, and maybe a player since a longer time, and you don't know yet that you must wait some months before continuing your main game from one version to another? Bugs are normal in a new game and Markus is quite good at correcting them, just give him some times... you should know that already.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
Old 03-29-2019, 11:54 AM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

No need to harp on this more. He's reached out and we're working through things. We try our best to get to issues, but things are busy right now, so sometimes things fall through. And if someone feels the game doesn't satisfy their needs, they can ask for a refund.
Closed Thread