Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #1
banana403
Bat Boy

All My SS and 2B Injured In September

In one week in September, I lost Barney, Travis and Goins. In addition, my new SS Didi also gets hurts.

With all of them looking to miss at least the first round, what are my playoff roster options? I'm not terribly familiar with how playoff rosters work, but I feel like this little snafu is going to ruin my infield defense.

EDIT: I also forgot to add that Didi's backup at SS was also injured. So I literally have no SS and 2B available on my 25-man.

Last edited by banana403; 08-13-2017 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Forgot about another injury.
banana403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:37 AM   #2
Danius
Minors (Double A)

You can add players to your active roster before each series in place of injured ones (player on the DL), which you will likely need to do. You won't be able to change your active roster in the middle of the series, so any player you don't have on your active roster (25-man) when the series starts will not be able to play until the next series.
Once one playoff series is over and before another one starts, you can make changes to the active roster if need be, but in order to replace a player who is not going on the DL, the replacement player will need to be someone who was on the 25-man roster or the DL (or bereavement, suspended, or military leave list) on August 31. I'm assuming Barney, Travis, Goins and Gregorius were on one of those lists, so you would be fine there.
Danius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
banana403
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danius View Post
Once one playoff series is over and before another one starts, you can make changes to the active roster if need be, but in order to replace a player who is not going on the DL, the replacement player will need to be someone who was on the 25-man roster or the DL (or bereavement, suspended, or military leave list) on August 31. I'm assuming Barney, Travis, Goins and Gregorius were on one of those lists, so you would be fine there.
That's my problem though. Going into September, my infield looked like this:
JD-Didi-Travis-Smoak with Barney and Rollins backing up 3B and SS, and Goins in AAA on the 40-man. so I was already carrying 6 infielders heading into September.

First week of September, I lose Travis, then Barney (in the same game).
2B then continues to be a hex as Goins goes down for 2 months. Forcing Rollins into the 2B spot. In addition, I lose Smoak for the season to a torn achilles.

I end up spending the last 3 weeks with a couple September call-ups getting a lot of time in the infield just to avoid any further injury. But that's where my problem lies. I go into the playoffs with no infield depth because no one is playoff-eligible, because every infielder who was, is already hurt.

Is that right? I mean, in terms of trying to get someone with infield experience in the playoffs, can I do anything?
banana403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:46 AM   #4
FunkyBike1
Minors (Double A)

The replacement for an injured player can be literally anyone who was in your organization on August 31.
FunkyBike1 is offline   Reply With Quote