Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:24 PM   #1
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

Most lopsided trade you've ever been offered

Bilking the AI with 4 or 5 mediocre players for one star is one thing, but sometimes they just fixate on one player of yours and offer a ton in return. I'm at the trade deadline in 2018, and the Nationals want to do this deal with me. Granted, they're out of contention and Harper is about to be a free agent (and Strasburg is pitching like a #2), but still...damn. And it's not like they're in mass selloff mode either–there is literally no other player in my system (and I have loads of top propsects) they would take 1 on 1 for Harper, and the only other player they would take for Strasburg is Chris Sale.

I'm sorely tempted to take the deal, but I think for their sake I'll just take one of them.

What's the most lopsided deal you've seen the AI want?

(EDIT: To be clear, this wasn't an email offer.)
Attached Images

Last edited by IStillDream; 01-19-2017 at 07:49 PM.
IStillDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I've never been offered a trade in my favor. Very annoying.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #3
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

Well, I suppose offered is a slight misnomer. I went to the trade screen, put Strasburg up on their side, and clicked make this work–and was very surprised to see Vazquez pop up. I threw on Harper to see how much more they would want and they said "yep, still sounds good."

Last edited by IStillDream; 01-19-2017 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #4
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDream View Post
Bilking the AI with 4 or 5 mediocre players for one star is one thing, but sometimes they just fixate on one player of yours and offer a ton in return. I'm at the trade deadline in 2018, and the Nationals want to do this deal with me. Granted, they're out of contention and Harper is about to be a free agent (and Strasburg is pitching like a #2), but still...damn. And it's not like they're in mass selloff mode either–there is literally no other player in my system (and I have loads of top propsects) they would take 1 on 1 for Harper, and the only other player they would take for Strasburg is Chris Sale.

I'm sorely tempted to take the deal, but I think for their sake I'll just take one of them.

What's the most lopsided deal you've been offered?
settings? AI evaluation?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I suppose offered is a slight misnomer. I went to the trade screen, put Strasburg up on their side, and clicked make this work–and was very surprised to see Vazquez pop up. I threw on Harper to see how much more they would want and they said "yep, still sounds good."
So it wasn't an email offer? Kinda misleading, wouldn't you say?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 01-19-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
So it wasn't an email offer? Kinda misleading, wouldn't you say?
You're quite right, I should have described it differently. I was mostly just stunned that they wanted Vazquez this badly.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:53 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're quite right, I should have described it differently. I was mostly just stunned that they wanted Vazquez this badly.
The reason I made an issue of it is that we need to be very specific about what isn't working in-game. There is never an AI offer via email that one would take immediately.

What you have is a problem but you should repost it with a correct title so the problem is obvious to those who matter.

RichW

Old 01-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #8
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Could you elaborate on what trading difficulty and AI evaluations settings you are using?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:16 PM   #9
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Strasburg is injury prone though, and Harper is coming off a horrible year IRL.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:38 PM   #10
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Do you have ratings available for the players in trade. They are just names to the game and could of had talent swings.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:07 AM   #11
SaoMagnifico
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpegiovanni View Post
Strasburg is injury prone though, and Harper is coming off a horrible year IRL.
20/20 and an OPS north of .800 isn't horrible except by Harper/Trout/Correa standards.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:37 AM   #12
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

Player pages for the three are attached. Certainly both are having down years by their lofty standards, which I'm sure helps, and the game does rate Vazquez quite highly.

Just checked and I'm on the default settings; I hadn't looked since importing the save from 16.

Honestly, I wasn't coming here to complain about this or raise it as a problem, I was just amused by it and curious as to what other people's experiences have been.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-21-2017, 01:41 AM   #13
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i think i've seen 2 trades i was willing to take from the AI. one i do recall was not fruitful for me, lol, but it was a good trade or at least fair to both sides. i never look anymore. so, it's been quite a while since i actually looked at the emails, and since it happens so seldomly i don't miss out on much.

they must really want a catcher and the ai overvalues catchers with great defense. catchers and SP are great trade chips and when there is a weakness at that position they get desparate for good reason, but probably a bit too zealous with those 2 players. (shop player around usually make these types of trade partners stick out)

i can't believe that's after clickign the 'make this work' - i avoid that button because the deal always are terribly one-sided against me. i don't even have difficult settings.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:59 PM   #14
IStillDream
Minors (Double A)

Wanted to follow up here–I had a game crash not long after this and just reloaded to my last save, which was the day this trade was on the table. When I reloaded it, they were willing to do Strasburg for Vazquez straight up, but had no interest in including Harper. For a team in last place going into rebuilding mode, given how highly-valued catchers are in-game and that Vazquez is 4 star rated and cheap, that actually feels relatively reasonable. Presumably their willingness to trade them both for him was just a momentary bug, not a more fundamental flaw.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #15
xgeoff
Minors (Single A)

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I've never been offered a trade in my favor. Very annoying.
While I won't say *never* it is very, very rare that I am offered anything close to reasonable.

And in terms of me creating a trade manually (without using the shop player mechanism), next to impossible.
xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #16
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Almost every trade offered by the AI is absolute bu******. Lopsided? They'll ask me for my ace for some scrub minor league first baseman. Every trade the AI offers is lospided in their favor and absolutely ridiculous. I have a player in my Fantasy Football League who is the same way. He'll offer you Chris Ivory for Aaron Rodgers and Antonio Brown in a straight-up trade. He's said before, "I hope you check drunk and accidentally hit the accept button." That's what OOTP AI GMs do, hope you check drunk and accidentally hit the accept button.

Current dynasties: Fallout 4's Commonwealth Baseball Organization

Completed dynasty: Fallout: New Vegas' Mojave Baseball League

Uniforms: My custom uniforms
StLee is online now   Reply With Quote