Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
MinorLeagueBaseballData
Bat Boy

Minor League stats available for download

Hello! I've read quite a bit about Out of the Park Baseball over the years and I thought fans of the game might be interested in a website that was recently launched. MinorLeagueBaseballData.com ( Minor League Baseball Data.Com ) is a site dedicated to providing comprehensive, accurate, and low cost minor league baseball data to baseball fans, gamers, and analysts.

I believe fans of OOTP will be interested in the fact that you can purchase and download minor league stats from the 2011 season, the 2009-2011 seasons, or the 2002-2011 seasons in convenient formats (including one that allows the data to be opened with any spreadsheet application).

Anyway, I just wanted to get the word out and I hope you’ll check out the site!

Thanks,
MinorLeagueBaseballData.com
Minor League Baseball Data.Com

Last edited by MinorLeagueBaseballData; 03-24-2012 at 04:05 PM.
MinorLeagueBaseballData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

can i download minor league stats for every player in the 2010 roster set for this game in a format that would allow it to be imported into the game giving me all players minor/major league stats?

i can get all the info for free and enter it myself so why should i pay you for it?
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
kq76
Global Moderator

I'm going to allow you this one thread that I've moved to our Talk Sports board, while I'm going to delete the others. Please don't create anymore advertising your site or we'll probably ban you.

Last edited by kq76; 03-24-2012 at 11:11 PM.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
MinorLeagueBaseballData
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
i can get all the info for free and enter it myself so why should i pay you for it?
You can certainly find and enter all the information yourself. However, keep in mind, this is not a minor undertaking; last year alone you're looking at almost 6,000 individual records (which means tens of thousands of individual entries) and that does not include players who had a low number of ip/pa at a particular level.

Thanks!

Last edited by MinorLeagueBaseballData; 03-25-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Don't mind the overjealous mod, buddy. Multiple threads arent cool, but if your site offers what you say it does, it has value with many here in this userbase.

Chastising someone publicly who might possibly offer something very usable to many who buy this game isn't the way to go. Private PMs would have achieved the same result, Kieran.

On the contrary, his thread might be 'sticky' material if it checks out.

Last edited by Cooleyvol; 03-25-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #6
MinorLeagueBaseballData
Bat Boy

No, no, the moderator was right, I did post multiple times. Truth is, I wasn't sure where it would be best to publish the thread so I put it in a few different places because I think OOTP users would be interested.

I appreciate the opportunity to bring the site to the attention of the folks here!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinorLeagueBaseballData View Post
No, no, the moderator was right, I did post multiple times. Truth is, I wasn't sure where it would be best to publish the thread so I put it in a few different places because I think OOTP users would be interested.

I appreciate the opportunity to bring the site to the attention of the folks here!
I stated 'multiple threads aren't cool', so I understand both the fact and your reasons for posting multiple instances.

Its placement here in Talk Sports will, however, deem it to the basement in a short time where no one will see your post. Your only recourse, given this mod's choice of placement, is to keep it 'bumped' to the top of Talk Sports in the hopes that those who would use your service will eventually see it.

Best of luck.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
BballDoc
Minors (Single A)

I for one am/was extremely excited to find this site. My DMB league is VERY deep with numerous highly skilled owners. We are allowed to have 15 "minor" league players who can be ANYONE that doesn't qualify to be on our active 40 man rosters. (I drafted Bryce Harper when he was still in HS).

I like to use minor league stats to evaluate players, looking for maybe some guys that the traditional scouting web sites might have overlooked or one flying under the radar because he wasn't a top 50 pick but has put up excellent minor league stats. In the past I had to go out and get the end of the year minor league numbers manually myself....WHAT A PAIN!!! The biggest pain in the rear, birthdates. I use players ages in relation to the league they are in and that is major component in my overall evaluation so I need accurate birth dates.

I have already purchased from this guys site and LOVE it for it will allow me to do. I prefer to make my own conclusions and analysis so I purchased the stats (tab delimited) so that I can manipulate them in my excel SS the way I want to and run my own analysis but I also liked the article he showed comparing his ranking system with previous success. I may go that route at some point if I run short on time. Having ALL those minor league players...i think there were close to 3,000 hitters or something like that...having all that organized and "cleaned up" for you, WITH birth dates...worth the small price he is charging.

Just one guys opinion.
BballDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
tigey75
Major Leagues

deleted

Last edited by tigey75; 04-03-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: deleted
tigey75 is offline   Reply With Quote