Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:46 AM   #921
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

Finally completed the Harry Brecheen mission, he'll be a nice upgrade for my rotation. I had most of the pieces when the mission dropped, I just needed Howie Pollet (who I got a few weeks ago for 400 BIN when he was still going for 6k) and Maddix, who I didn't really wanna spent a lot of points on. Got him for 10.5k in the end, his price didn't really go down any further (I've never seen him being sold below 10k) so I just decided that I'm just gonna spend that 10k.

My work on the Padres and Senators collections are going pretty good too. I hope to complete the Senators one within this week and I should be able to complete the Padres one before the end of the year. Those two collections will probably the last ones I'll do in OOTP 20. Maybe I'll be able to finish the Braves one too but the only card I'm missing is the 91 Hank Aaron or the other diamond card from that mission but I don't think I'll ever be lucky enough to get one of those for a reasonable price

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:14 PM   #922
dbqs
Major Leagues

Somehow snagged a Hong-Chin Kuo this morning off the AH for 2100 PP. Chien Ming WHO? Ugh.

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:19 PM   #923
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
The Live Detroit Tigers mission is pretty easy (all players silver or below) and gets you Harry Heilmann who's a pretty handy DH.

The Live Oakland Athletics mission gets you Eddie Plank, a Diamond rated starter. He's been coming out of my bullpen for me but over 5 and a bit seasons at perfect level, he got a 3.91 ERA, 110 ERA+, 1.34 WHIP, 3.30 FIP, 82 FIP-, 0.3 HR/9, 3.7 BB/9, 7.4 K/9.

Though, you need to get 2 diamonds, 4 golds, 6 silvers, and 31 bronze/iron players to get him. I see Chapman going for 4700 PP, Semien for 6000 PP, Hendricks for 1690 PP, Canha for 1167 PP, Luzardo for 1350 PP, and Olson for 1899 PP on the auction house right now or 16806 PP in total just to get the Diamond/Gold guys. Still another 37 guys to get. Alternatively, you can just buy Plank for 16000 PP right now so unless you have use for the likes of Chapman/Semien, then collections may not be the best option.
Second this! Cubs and Phillies are also still great live missions right now. Dykstra is excellent at any level of play and Hippo Vaughn is a nice LHP, almost as good as Plank.

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #924
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

100 Gehrig was up for 190K for about 15 minutes. Someone bought it and relisted for 600K. good luck lol
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:42 PM   #925
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

That feeling when you are refreshing tigers historicals over and over, see the list is one card longer, and its some jackass with the fifth copy of hal newhouser
Old 12-03-2019, 11:58 PM   #926
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
100 Gehrig was up for 190K for about 15 minutes. Someone bought it and relisted for 600K. good luck lol
And I thought selling my Gehrig for like 110 on the day the missions dropped was a nice return for me...
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:46 AM   #927
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Generally if you are buying collection pieces on release day you are either going to slightly overpay for cards that end up widely available or massively underpay for a future bottleneck of death.

I got my Gehrig for 160K. It's not gonna get any lower since the last 7 is correctly around there now. If I end up finding a cheap 96 I'll just flip it and make up the difference.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:59 AM   #928
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I've got 7/10 of the Dodgers missions done. Pecking away...pecking away...

The most recent prize was a 99 Bob Caruthers after I pulled the trigger on a Whit Wyatt for 30K. Initially, I was very underwhelmed by the 99 Caruthers as a 99-rated historical diamond. Didn't seem to match up too well with ones like Brecheen, Blue, etc. But, then I noticed that the value of this 99 Caruthers might be more as a 2-way tournament player. The pitching ratings are fine (good, even) for rounding out a higher-cap starting rotation. But, the batting ratings are probably also good enough to DH him or play him in LF. If you can nab a good pitcher and good batter for 99 salary cap points total--that's a pretty nice value.

EDIT: I also just noticed that this Caruthers is both a phenomenal baserunner and a fantastic sac bunter.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 12-04-2019 at 03:01 AM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:46 AM   #929
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
EDIT: I also just noticed that this Caruthers is both a phenomenal baserunner and a fantastic sac bunter.
Depending on how a team is constructed, this could be incredibly valuable. At one point in time in 19 (yes, when I was already in Perfect), the fastest player on my team not playing every day was one of my starting pitchers, the 1969 Bob Gibson. I was going to set him as a two way player for the sole purpose of letting him pinch run, but the game prevented me from doing so because his bat was too poor. This card obviously doesn't have my problem.

And for those of you worried about my team (which is nobody, but hey, you're the one reading this, so... ), I went on to upgrade my CF to a Diamond Willie Mays, allowing the relatively fleet footed Paul Blair to assume running duties from the bench as a utility outfielder and defensive substitute.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #930
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I've got 7/10 of the Dodgers missions done. Pecking away...pecking away...

The most recent prize was a 99 Bob Caruthers after I pulled the trigger on a Whit Wyatt for 30K. Initially, I was very underwhelmed by the 99 Caruthers as a 99-rated historical diamond. Didn't seem to match up too well with ones like Brecheen, Blue, etc. But, then I noticed that the value of this 99 Caruthers might be more as a 2-way tournament player. The pitching ratings are fine (good, even) for rounding out a higher-cap starting rotation. But, the batting ratings are probably also good enough to DH him or play him in LF. If you can nab a good pitcher and good batter for 99 salary cap points total--that's a pretty nice value.

I was looking at that 30K wyatt for about ten minutes trying to decide if I wanted to buy him as the last piece or lock in my 98 Dahlen as a permanent 3B/SS sub. Thanks for making the decision for me, Dahlen is staying forever.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #931
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

So I've done Detroit and Baltimore live now, and just happened to have Miami 95% done.

Which should I work on next? Is there a traditional order?
Old 12-04-2019, 10:55 AM   #932
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Live Miami is worthless, you are better off quick selling any bronzes or silvers they have if you need points.

Check the st louis browns one out of the baltimore collection. That 94 sisler is amazing and it should only cost like 20k-25k to complete although maybe some prices have changed over the past few months.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #933
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Finally!

CWS collection complete.... nabbed Rigney for 44500 to close it out... ended up spending a grand total of 146490 on 48 cards to bring Ed Walsh to Waffletown
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:10 PM   #934
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I was looking at that 30K wyatt for about ten minutes trying to decide if I wanted to buy him as the last piece or lock in my 98 Dahlen as a permanent 3B/SS sub. Thanks for making the decision for me, Dahlen is staying forever.
I'm glad to be of service.

Wasn't there another copy of Wyatt up for something like 27/33K at the time?

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #935
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

After being on the Duke Snider hunt for about a week now, with 170k sat waiting to be thrown at him if necessary, some kind soul went and listed 96 Snider at the very reasonable sum of 23k! I am very pleased
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #936
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Looks like they "fixed" the last 7 glitch. No more sniping bottlenecks at a non-exorbitant price anymore
Old 12-05-2019, 06:34 PM   #937
Hertston
Major Leagues

Got totally frustrated with collection missions to the end result of 'forget it' after my attempt at the 'Moneyball' one. Not a case of not being able to afford them (as far as I can guess) or a couple being unavailable - NONE ever seemed to be available.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:24 PM   #938
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Yeah, I was waiting on getting one of the diamonds at a reasonable price to finish up Moneyball for about a week, then this afternoon I went on and saw Bailey listed with a BIN of 10k. I scarfed it up just as quick as I could... now all I lack is one card to finish off the Bender one and I can get Waddell... Only problem is that I am now down to less than 10k PP ;-(. Hope some of the cards I put up on auction sell!

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:56 PM   #939
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I have ignored the future legends mission until recently...is it just me, or is this thing like impossible? That Ken Griffey Jr. better be one hell of a card.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:26 AM   #940
Renfro
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico Guilbault View Post
I have ignored the future legends mission until recently...is it just me, or is this thing like impossible? That Ken Griffey Jr. better be one hell of a card.
The Future Legends Mission is definitely more doable as there's no real bottleneck cards. The mission cost me about 230k when I finished it in October. At that point, the card was already going for sub-200k.

The card is solid and averages a 6.0 WAR in 6 seasons in Perfect, mostly I suspect for his excellent defense. But he did hit 40 homers in his first season, though he hasn't reached 30 since. He is a liability against Lefties.

I platooned him in year 2054.

I was interested in the card set and there are a few cards that actually play in Perfect. Nate Pearson SP is a serviceable 4th starter, for instance and Alex Kirilloff in RF. It's also a good set for those non-live tourneys. It was a fun set to collect.

Renfro is offline   Reply With Quote