Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-01-2019, 05:29 AM   #41
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
There's a dude in my Perfect league who now has lost 18 in a row while stocking his active roster with nothing but Iron players.....

....looking at his history, he seems to win Diamond League, get promoted to Perfect, they tank and then go back to Diamond.
Can you let us know the name of the team/username so we can check that out? Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:21 AM   #42
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Can you let us know the name of the team/username so we can check that out? Thanks!
I am in the relegation zone right now, can we wait until I am safe?

j/k, PM sent.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #43
sharknut
All Star Reserve

So this is weird, ever since I reported the guy, I've gone 0-12

Old 11-01-2019, 05:06 PM   #44
Thundercrack
All Star Reserve

Quote:
So this is weird, ever since I reported the guy, I've gone 0-12
serves you right snitch
Thundercrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:08 PM   #45
sharknut
All Star Reserve

0-15.....and I am out for the night. Wonder if I'll hit 20.

Last edited by sharknut; 11-01-2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 06:25 PM   #46
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Part of the problem is that we don't know how many teams have been reported, warned, and banned. The process is not transparent. Who receives the reports? Who issues the warnings? It's all shrouded in mystery. Based on what I've seen, either the process is broken or there is a reluctance to ban obvious TOS violators.
Such process must not be transparent because it is nobody's business how many reports Team X has and whether they have been warned, and because nobody needs three threads per day about how this and that user was reported (if you can see it for other teams, then you can also see it for your own, right?) and then they go to the forums to argue their strategy. We have enough of those threads already about what constitutes a ****ing theme team.

And such process need not be transparent if it would actually work on the business end of the trigger.

Which it clearly does not.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #47
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I never said anything about the developers identifying specific teams or users. None of that would be necessary. But it'd be helpful to know how the process works and who makes which decisions. I mean, is there a set of procedures in place? Or is it all slapdash? It would also be reassuring to see data about number and types of reports received, and the ultimate outcomes. Maybe that's asking too much; I don't know. But, personally, I won't invest a dime in PT until I'm sure that serious action is taken against TOS violators. To date, based on what I've seen, it doesn't seem to be happening.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #48
sharknut
All Star Reserve

The tanker has now lost 28 in a row.

Old 11-02-2019, 09:22 PM   #49
sharknut
All Star Reserve

42 straight losses now.

Old 11-02-2019, 09:25 PM   #50
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
42 straight losses now.
I assume you reported them? Markus said they send a warning and then next time they are banned at the end of the week. Not sure why Mr. playoff tanker which this thread is based on got a pass. He was supposed to be warned last Sat and he did it anyway Sunday. Perhaps the warning was for this week and he'll get his just rewards this week. I hope it doesn't simply fall through the cracks.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #51
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I assume you reported them? Markus said they send a warning and then next time they are banned at the end of the week. Not sure why Mr. playoff tanker which this thread is based on got a pass. He was supposed to be warned last Sat and he did it anyway Sunday. Perhaps the warning was for this week and he'll get his just rewards this week. I hope it doesn't simply fall through the cracks.
I did. I ended up getting relegated by 2 games. I am sure the team that finished 2 games OUT of the relegation zone by going 9-0 against the tanking team appreciates the tank job.

Old 11-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #52
LasVegasWhiteClaws
Bat Boy

Hey everyone, Las Vegas white claws here. This is my first time visiting this forum and to my surprise I saw that my name was being included in this thread. Just some things: I was sent a warning on October 26 although it was in my spam email for some reason. So the mods are doing their jobs please lay off them. Second, I was unaware of this being an issue. I had built a team for gold and saw that the PP earned was very minimal so sold my team and went down to bronze (did not tank). From there, I built a new team with my sold cards and new bronze earnings. From there I have stayed in Bronze as it was generating the most PP to build a team. Was unaware that this was tanking. I have reached out to the mods since to correct this if possible and will be climbing the ranks from henceforth.
LasVegasWhiteClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #53
LasVegasWhiteClaws
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilempenza View Post
Welp, he's still there and just thrown the first game of the playoffs with his starter only going one batter, his lineup is missing all it's big names and he's playing everyone out of position. So I guess that answers my question about whether these guys get punished. Pretty disappointing tbh
Hey Emilempenza,

I would like to formally apologize to you for any frustration I may have caused. I didn’t realize what my actions could have done to others and have worked with one of the mods so that we can move forward. I hope we can put this past us and wish you luck along the way.

Las Vegas White Claws
LasVegasWhiteClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #54
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

As someone else who was impacted by your tanking, let me just say thank you for reaching out, your contrition and your willingness to follow the Perfect Team TOS from this point further.

I look forward to following your progress up to Perfect League.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:25 PM   #55
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasVegasWhiteClaws View Post
Hey Emilempenza,

I would like to formally apologize to you for any frustration I may have caused. I didn’t realize what my actions could have done to others and have worked with one of the mods so that we can move forward. I hope we can put this past us and wish you luck along the way.

Las Vegas White Claws

Fair enough! Good luck going forward.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:44 AM   #56
sharknut
All Star Reserve

In D396 there is a team that is 3-23 playing all Iron players with a roster full of Perfect and Diamond cards.

Old 11-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #57
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

LOL.

IMHO it is impossible to tank in this game because the goal is getting and winning the perfect league by any means necessary. (there is a manger we do not control)

I took apart my diamond winning all live team because once in PL I couldn't compete. We ended up dropping a little, but the team is totally rebuilt into a non-pay all special team, Bronx Bears.

I am now tearing apart my other team, Larrupin' Lou's, a gold league champion with all 1970 Balt, A's & Reds (+ 85 Lou). This may take time for me to find a theme I like.

There is no tanking on my end. Just getting it right.

It never takes away from Belfast.

If anything there should be a way to move all the teams who haven't played in a month into a league that doesn't get PP until they become active again.
Attached Images

Last edited by HelpDodgers; 11-26-2019 at 10:51 AM.
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #58
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
IMHO it is impossible to tank in this game because the goal is getting and winning the perfect league by any means necessary. (there is a manger we do not control)
You should read the Terms of Service. Losing on purpose to drop a level is clearly tanking.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 12:03 PM   #59
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
LOL.

I took apart my diamond winning all live team because once in PL I couldn't compete. We ended up dropping a little, but the team is totally rebuilt into a non-pay all special team, Bronx Bears.

I am now tearing apart my other team, Larrupin' Lou's, a gold league champion with all 1970 Balt, A's & Reds (+ 85 Lou). This may take time for me to find a theme I like.

There is no tanking on my end. Just getting it right.

It never takes away from Belfast.

If anything there should be a way to move all the teams who haven't played in a month into a league that doesn't get PP until they become active again.
Snitches might get snitches but cheaters get reported and a warning then lose their account.

Old 11-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #60
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Snitches might get snitches but cheaters get reported and a warning then lose their account.
We are in that league together in the same division, in fact.