Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 12-07-2019, 06:29 AM   #1
biggerme
Minors (Single A)

Functionality requests

Not that some of those have not been mentioned but I do get a feeling that more the merrier to make a point.

1. Remove 200 player limit, it's an annoying feature with Leagues but truly hopeless when trying out different tournament formats.

2. Daily/Weekly/Monthly Tournaments: having to wait a week or not being able to join queue makes these formats not so fun nor interesting. Instead change to format where one can join only 1 time to Daily/Weekly/Monthly with an open queue, once you have used your option you can try again next Day/Week/Month. Good example here being Weekly Iron, what do you mean only 32 players worldwide can play that format?

3. 3 different games in one installation leaving only one playable. Don't even remember when I last tried single player option, it's just a reminder what the game was, nothing much else. Current game is riddled with legacy decisions coming from single player game and hence making all the parts which try to be online a cumbersome experience - upload/download file? Seriously?

4. Perfect Leagues and Tournaments : definitely should be on a single interface when logged in, instead of jumping around interface to download and upload files.

5. Auction House : add filter option to exclude Cards already owned

6. Fix roster uploads in Tournaments : quite a consistent surprise of seeing outdated roster to be used instead of what was uploaded before queue was filled and tournament starts with old roster.

Just my couple of thoughts which I would really appreciate as functionalities.

BLOG
twitch : ootn00b

Last edited by biggerme; 12-07-2019 at 07:00 PM.
biggerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

A single scoreboard (scrolling ticker tape?) for all tournement results, dynamically updating. Toggle on/toggle off.

Reduction of the astonishing number of "click ok" dialogs generated by tournaments. Intrusive UI is bad UI. Most of the information you're trying to communicate is status updates. Don't make me confirm you're downloading files, just do it. Don't make me delete old files, just do it.

P.S. That sounds unappreciative; I'm not, you guys are delivering a very very cool product.

Last edited by Lemandria; 12-07-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to see a sandbox mode to create teams, rather than signing up for a tournament and be forced to make a team in a hurry on the clock.

A way to see the stats on inactive cards. A way to see only bronze cards.

Last edited by bailey; 12-07-2019 at 02:03 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
daves
Hall Of Famer

Like to sort by Pitcher movement and batter defense rating in the AH.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:25 PM   #5
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

I really would like to see more 50, 60, and even 70 HR seasons out of power hitters. We see truly elite pitching performances, but not the same batting performances and it would be nice to even things out.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

There are SO MANY ways that this game in general and PT specifically could be improved. Most of what I would like to see involve ways to make collecting more enjoyable, because right now, it is not.

One piece of low hanging fruit is a search function for our "manage cards" page, because the search filters have never been sufficient, and tournaments are really exposing this flaw now.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #7
kevin95630
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Remove $$ from Perfect Points

I have yet to understand why purchasing Perfect Points with real money is offered. It seems tantamount to "cheating" really.

I think a better approach would be to award a substantial number of points for finish last in your division. And progressively fewer points the higher you finish. This would help balance things out from year to year.

The WS winner would also be awarded a hefty amount of points to help get started after being promoted.

Or at least create an alternate path where not real money can be used.

There is a need to support the development of the software, for sure. But I'd rather pay more for the annual releases than to see the basic fairness of the game be subjected to such potential for corruption.
kevin95630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:29 PM   #8
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin95630 View Post
I have yet to understand why purchasing Perfect Points with real money is offered. It seems tantamount to "cheating" really.

I think a better approach would be to award a substantial number of points for finish last in your division. And progressively fewer points the higher you finish. This would help balance things out from year to year.

The WS winner would also be awarded a hefty amount of points to help get started after being promoted.

There is a need to support the development of the software, for sure. But I'd rather pay more for the annual releases than to see the basic fairness of the game be subjected to such potential for corruption.
This is so astoundingly unlikely to be satisfied it's worth thinking about why or how this suggestion was offered in the first place. What aspect of the FTP experience made you think "the best solution is removing paid PP"?

And for the record, FTP is totally viable and FTP successes are well-documented. All my teams are FTP, for one example. You always trade time for money if you want to be successful as FTP, and my experience is that most of these "remove PP/make them separate" suggestions come from people who haven't really put in the time to learn how to compete without buying PP.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 12-15-2019 at 10:30 PM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:30 PM   #9
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin95630 View Post

Welp there's the worst idea we've had in the forums
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:16 AM   #10
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Welp there's the worst idea we've had in the forums
Thank goodness you were here to provide such a worthwhile high quality response. Where would we be without such astute commentary?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote