Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #1
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

How to get correct uniform and cap to display

I've been playing OOTP since OOTP 2, but OOTP 16 has been extremely challenging to use. I guess too much has changed with this version to continue to use the same methods I have for the last 14 versions I've played.

Can someone give me a quick step by step how to get a custom uniform and cap to show in game? It seems to always pick an old one or the game generated one even when I copy over it and hit the auto-load buttons.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #2
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

why would you hit auto load? youre telling ootp to basically writeover your loaded uniforms

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
why would you hit auto load? youre telling ootp to basically writeover your loaded uniforms
because they don't show correctly. I've tried just overwriting the images and doing nothing... no changes. Overwriting the images and using auto-load... no changes. Selecting the image file directly using Select... no changes.

Nothing I do makes OOTP use the correct uniform and cap file. Any actual assistance would be appreciated.

Last edited by statfreak; 07-20-2015 at 07:09 PM.
statfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
because they don't show correctly. I've tried just overwriting the images and doing nothing... no changes. Overwriting the images and using auto-load... no changes. Selecting the image file directly using Select... no changes.

Nothing I do makes OOTP use the correct uniform and cap file. Any actual assistance would be appreciated.
You're correct that changes were made to ootp16. You need to read the readme.txt file in ootp's logos folder or you can refer to my post here http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3897829 for that readme. It covers all graphics in ootp 16 (logos, uniforms, ballcaps, etc.)

Last edited by Bigrod; 07-23-2015 at 01:29 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #5
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Bigrod, thank you.

The problem is I am going to the /"league name".lg/jerseys/jerseys_"team name_nick name".png file, opening it, making my changes and saving the file. Then I open the game and the uniforms are some game generated ones, not the file I just modified. When I close the game and open the png file again, the changes I just made are gone and replaced with a generic uniform.

I understand there have been changes. I have followed the readme and the game still overwrites the file I edited and saved. It is obviously there because I opened it, modified it and then saved it. When I go back to the game, the game seemingly deletes the file and replaces it with a generic one.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Bigrod, thank you.

The problem is I am going to the /"league name".lg/jerseys/jerseys_"team name_nick name".png file, opening it, making my changes and saving the file. Then I open the game and the uniforms are some game generated ones, not the file I just modified. When I close the game and open the png file again, the changes I just made are gone and replaced with a generic uniform.

I understand there have been changes. I have followed the readme and the game still overwrites the file I edited and saved. It is obviously there because I opened it, modified it and then saved it. When I go back to the game, the game seemingly deletes the file and replaces it with a generic one.
Gotcha...I think your problem is that when you restart...ootp will look to the default data\jerseys folder by default and not the one in your saved game. There's a setting, sorry as I forget where, that you need to set so that ootp won't do that.
If that doesn't solve your issue, save your edits to the default jerseys folder rather than you saved game and see what happens.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:43 AM   #7
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Gotcha...I think your problem is that when you restart...ootp will look to the default data\jerseys folder by default and not the one in your saved game. There's a setting, sorry as I forget where, that you need to set so that ootp won't do that.
If that doesn't solve your issue, save your edits to the default jerseys folder rather than you saved game and see what happens.
Saved the cap and jersey in the default folders. Went to team home --> settings, checked the lock team logos and texutres (prevents auto-update when game is loaded). Ended the game. Copied the cap and jersey file to the league cap and jersey folders and also still have them in the default folders. Made sure to start game as administrator. Files still revert to generic defaults and my custom png files in the league caps and jerseys folders are replaced by the game.

There must be something obvious that is being missed. Though it really should be as simple as finding the file and replacing it.

EDIT: I used the auto load option and the cap and jersey loaded correctly. Close the game and re-opened. Still have the correct cap and jersey. Thank you for the assistance and tip about copying the cap and jersey to the default data\jerseys and data\ballcaps folders.

Last edited by statfreak; 07-25-2015 at 03:02 AM.
statfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #8
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Did I mention this was for an online league? New file uploaded this morning after most recent and uniforms and caps reverted back to the generic ones.

Looks like the auto load setting is in the league file since I had checked it and now it is unchecked. I can hit the auto load buttons on the home jersey and cap to get them back again, but they'll just be erased everytime the league file is updated.

I have to say after 16 versions of OOTP, it might be time to give up on the product. Not that it is a bad game (though my confidence in the development team is at an all-time low), just games should be enjoyable to play and opening OOTP 16 is anything but.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:31 AM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did I mention this was for an online league? New file uploaded this morning after most recent and uniforms and caps reverted back to the generic ones.

Looks like the auto load setting is in the league file since I had checked it and now it is unchecked. I can hit the auto load buttons on the home jersey and cap to get them back again, but they'll just be erased everytime the league file is updated.

I have to say after 16 versions of OOTP, it might be time to give up on the product. Not that it is a bad game (though my confidence in the development team is at an all-time low), just games should be enjoyable to play and opening OOTP 16 is anything but.
Online League - if your Commish doesn't do the same updates you're doing they will just keep getting over written.

You need him to make the changes first.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:45 AM   #10
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Online League - if your Commish doesn't do the same updates you're doing they will just keep getting over written.

You need him to make the changes first.
We already have confirmed we have the same image files... at least until the game is opened. Everything is fine on his PC. His is the only one though. As soon as the game is opened, it deletes the correct uniform and cap files and replaces them with the generic ones.

Why can't the game just load the files in the ballcaps and jerseys folders? Why does it delete the files that are there and replace them with generic ones even when I have the same files in the global data/ballcaps and data/jerseys folders?
Old 07-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #11
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We already have confirmed we have the same image files... at least until the game is opened. Everything is fine on his PC. His is the only one though. As soon as the game is opened, it deletes the correct uniform and cap files and replaces them with the generic ones.

Why can't the game just load the files in the ballcaps and jerseys folders? Why does it delete the files that are there and replace them with generic ones even when I have the same files in the global data/ballcaps and data/jerseys folders?
Did he upload a new league images file for you to download?

That, I think, is the problem. I've had the same problem in earlier versions, where if the Commish didn't update and then upload a new images file, nothing I did mattered. Sounds like that's still happening.

I don't understand why OOTP can't transfer this data/info in regular uploads/downloads.

Hope you get your issue fixed, and hope that eventually this becomes an easy to do process.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #12
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Did he upload a new league images file for you to download?
Yes, of course. This league has been running for 10+ real life years and 60 in-game seasons. We generally know our way around OOTP.

I appreciate the assistance, but I've played the game extensively since OOTP 2 and have been in numerous online leagues over the past 12 years. I understand what should be done and have done that, but can't get the game to stop deleting the working and correct image files when the game opens and/or the new league file is downloaded.

I'm sure this should be a simple fix. Having the responsible person on OOTP Dev team take a few minutes to jump in here and either confirm there is an error that will be fixed or explain a work around would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #13
Clayds906
Bat Boy

2 years later and this is still a problem. Just spent hours updating the logos and jerseys for the teams in my league, re-opened the game, and all of them are gone, replaced by generic ones. This is game-making 101 here -- make sure that it's clear to the user how to preserve any changes they apply to the game. OOTP fails miserably in this regard.
Clayds906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #14
ChapmanOSU1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayds906 View Post
2 years later and this is still a problem. Just spent hours updating the logos and jerseys for the teams in my league, re-opened the game, and all of them are gone, replaced by generic ones. This is game-making 101 here -- make sure that it's clear to the user how to preserve any changes they apply to the game. OOTP fails miserably in this regard.

Bumping an old thread - but this is still a problem. Has anyone found solutions or work arounds? Even with the box checked to not auto-update, if I load custom jerseys in, they'll almost always be gone on my next restart. If I load them again - they stay. But I have to do double the work.
ChapmanOSU1 is offline   Reply With Quote