Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
joehart
All Star Starter

RP Fatigue

>RP Fatigue in PT

>Good morning! We have implemented an update today in regards to how fatigue for RP's is handled in Perfect Team.

>The result will be relievers who enter the game already exhausted will be less effective for less pitches than before

Apologies but I tripped over the wording from the last announcement. I am sure I understood it correctly (1) but want to make sure there is no confusion:

1. If relievers are already exhausted, they will be less effective and will be able to pitch fewer pitches than before. In other words, bad things will happen quicker since they are already exhausted as they enter the game.

So hopefully we see fewer teams with SP at 40 pitches and relievers doing the rest of the work.

Or

2. If relievers are already exhausted, they will be less effective. However, they are less effective for fewer times than before.

In other words, bad things will happen fewer times than before.

Last edited by joehart; 01-08-2020 at 10:26 PM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:33 PM   #2
Orion
Major Leagues

Wording is odd but I have to imagine they are saying the tired RP will have a large malus as well as less endurance, perhaps only being able to throw to a few batters. Such a thing could snowball and you could run thru your entire staff if things went bad early. Then you are totally screwed the next game as well...snowballing again...Essentially there would be a possibility you could exhaust your entire staff and then go into the next game with every RP gassed, likely producing a similar result in that contest, and so on.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:02 AM   #3
joehart
All Star Starter

Hopefully Kris sees the discussion and can comment on his initial announcement.
Unfortunately, his announcement was locked so I could not post a follow-up.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:05 AM   #4
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

Wasn't sure why using only 3 SP had an advantage but if fatigue wasn't affecting RPs the same as SPs then this makes sense why people did it, While I never tried it cause it seemed unnatural i guess if the game allows it people will use it even if it doesn't make sense in the real world.

I think keeping PT in line with real world tactics as much as possible is a good thing and am glad they addressed it.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 12:46 AM   #5
Orion
Major Leagues

Well RL world in the sense that you blow out your bullpen and their ERA suddenly balloons because your entire group has tired arms. Look at Colorado, never fails every year their staff burns out. You can certainly still use 3 starters but you might want 10 relievers just in case... I think it was a case of the engine just not properly representing what a bad thing it can be to have a burnt out bullpen and starters who can't go 5 innings.

If they just wanted to specifically nerf the 3 SP tactic they could change the min pitch count and/or change the AI so it won't hook a pitcher in the first few innings no matter the hook setting unless he's actually getting lit up. This change is more comprehensive in that it could affect any team that blows out their bullpen. After a 15 inning game..just like in the MLB you hope your starter can go long the next day...

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:46 PM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

So am I better off using starters in the bullpen?

I thought exhausted pitchers were always less effective?

Are relievers tired for fewer days since they have lower endurance?

Don’t understand update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:52 PM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

To sum it up a little more, previously, even a reliever who was exhausted could come in and pitch to a couple batters reasonably effectively. With the change, they will "feel the pain" as soon as they enter the game, and thus it should be much harder to rely on tired arms.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:37 PM   #8
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
To sum it up a little more, previously, even a reliever who was exhausted could come in and pitch to a couple batters reasonably effectively. With the change, they will "feel the pain" as soon as they enter the game, and thus it should be much harder to rely on tired arms.

Will this affect starters that are tiring? Will they be less effective late in the game?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:05 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Will this affect starters that are tiring? Will they be less effective late in the game?

Not really, no. Nothing much has changed there.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote