Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #21
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Wow, well done! Now I hope you avoid the tailspin hangover.
And I sure am glad I donīt have the Scumbags in my division!
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #22
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
Wow, well done! Now I hope you avoid the tailspin hangover.
And I sure am glad I donīt have the Scumbags in my division!
They are a tough pull.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:06 PM   #23
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Good luck everybody in the pennant races tonight. There are some divisions that will fight to the end it seems. I love pennant races.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #24
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Congrats on making the playoffs, and good luck winning the division!

My Bohemians are in the midst of a 5-13 month as the cream rises above them.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #25
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Congrats on making the playoffs, and good luck winning the division!

My Bohemians are in the midst of a 5-13 month as the cream rises above them.
You have proven that you can compete in Perfect Level. That is something to build on.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:06 PM   #26
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Have a good visit with your friend. That is important time. My oldest friend and I have known each other since 1957 when we were classic 50's school boys with cuffed blue jeans and black Keds high tops.

I enjoy having these snippets of conversation on the forums with the people I am in leagues with as well discussing the season. I also cannot play with a cap. I like the people in that league but I want to compete against the best teams week end and week out. The cap league has some excellent managers that I respect but so do the random draws. The cap league is not the best teams, card wise, nor can they be, It would be fun to win there with them. But to me, the achievement of earning a WS crown against some 100+ point teams is more satisfying. it also allows me to think I belong in the best of the best.
You think like I do, my friend. I could have written that second paragraph word for word.

Alas, at the last minute my buddy canceled his visit. Of course, my first thought was that would give me more time for PT, but then I realized the smarter move would be to use that extra time to get done some important errands that I've been lax on since PT came out. So that's what I did, and the feeling of accomplishment is good.

But now I have the weekend for playing as usual.

Sadly, my Angels team seems to either be on a run of bad luck, or maybe just I downgraded while AH prices have made it too easy for other teams to upgrade. I don't know if it's due to the level of competition, but this team has some weird numbers... like 2nd in OPS, but only 5th in runs scored.

The only saving grace is that my other Perfect Team, the Game of Thrones franchise is having one of its best seasons, clinching not only the division, but also overall best record on Sept 20.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:15 PM   #27
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The slow starts are OK I guess... as long as we have those hot finishes.
That's been my team's M.O. lots of times too.

But this time the slow start never really ended except for one month in June.

The worst part is looking at the rosters of the two teams ahead of me.

My team just should not be trailing Toronto. If this was real life they'd get a tongue-lashing for sure.

And Westchester has a very good roster, but it contains Angels players I CUT for not being good enough for my Angel-themed team!

Heck, the Shredders have at least 10 players that have been or were on my Angel team. And only a few players that my self-imposed rules won't allow me to add. Of those, maybe three are better than what I could get under my rules.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:03 PM   #28
Kushiel
All Star Starter

You can still get that second wildcard spot with a good finish tonight. Good luck on that. Then you will get to play the Yaks or the Scumbags in the Wildcard Game

Old 03-16-2019, 09:40 PM   #29
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
You can still get that second wildcard spot with a good finish tonight. Good luck on that. Then you will get to play the Yaks or the Scumbags in the Wildcard Game
Yeah, I noticed who I'd get as my "reward".

Team not playing well enough to get that last spot though... Haven't strung together three wins in a row all day. Just got shut out 2-0 by Randy Johnson. This team used to crush lefties, which was mostly him with Hubbell, Koufax, Kershaw and Sale thrown in.

So now 3 back with 5 to go. It says I still have a 0.9% chance!
Old 03-16-2019, 10:34 PM   #30
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

BTW, has anyone else noticed that playoff odds change every time you refresh the standings?

I'm guessing maybe it runs a few thousand sims of the remaining games each time?
Old 03-16-2019, 11:50 PM   #31
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Well, I'm eliminated after G160. And I have to win the last two to avoid my worst single-season record ever for this franchise. It helps that my other Perfect Level team had its best season record since the Bronze Level.

Kushiel with a magic number of one and two games to go, just needs one of four games to go his way to avoid a playoff for the division title.

Go Yaks!

Odds are even with a win, you'll likely get those Scumbags in the DS. Remember they got swept in the DS last season by me. They're not super tough in a short series... they'll score but you can outscore them. They didn't seem to look closely at matchups like you and I would do.

Good luck! You're representing the few of us on this thread, and of course, I'd never root for Scumbags regardless!

Last edited by 2002halos; 03-16-2019 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:56 AM   #32
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Sorry the Angels didnīt make it, but at least you donīt have long to wait for next year.

I finished dead last in scoring, but went out with an 18-3 win. Go figure.
I donīt know what to do with my guys, they just canīt hit and unless I get lucky with my packs this evening Iīll be stuck with the same schmucks as this year.

My secret weapon next year is Fred Newman. I picked him up on the cheap and he looks like a poor manīs Tiny Bohnam, if itīs possible for a man to be that poor.
Newmanīs got a whopping 40 stuff, but 77 movement and 81 control. He went 0-2 this year but with a relatively decent ERA. I thought itīd be fun to give him a shot, so look out!

Go Yaks!

Last edited by justpatrick; 03-17-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 06:39 AM   #33
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I wish the Halos would have made it. Maybe next year.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #34
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I am happy that after trailing most of the season from another slow start, the Yaks pulled out the Division in the end. Good luck to all the playoff teams today except for the series that you play my Yaks. Everybody else. good luck next season.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:31 AM   #35
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Sorry the Angels didnīt make it, but at least you donīt have long to wait for next year.

I finished dead last in scoring, but went out with an 18-3 win. Go figure.
I donīt know what to do with my guys, they just canīt hit and unless I get lucky with my packs this evening Iīll be stuck with the same schmucks as this year.

My secret weapon next year is Fred Newman. I picked him up on the cheap and he looks like a poor manīs Tiny Bohnam, if itīs possible for a man to be that poor.
Newmanīs got a whopping 40 stuff, but 77 movement and 81 control. He went 0-2 this year but with a relatively decent ERA. I thought itīd be fun to give him a shot, so look out!

Go Yaks!
My FTP team has Newman. He's great on the gold level, but even on the diamond level, you have to pick your spots. There will be lots of balls in play, so you need a good defense to use him, and try to avoid teams with high contact hitters. Good luck with him!
Old 03-17-2019, 07:33 AM   #36
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I am happy that after trailing most of the season from another slow start, the Yaks pulled out the Division in the end. Good luck to all the playoff teams today except for the series that you play my Yaks. Everybody else. good luck next season.
Really nice job winning your division at the end. A nice surprise first time I saw you in front!
Old 03-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #37
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002halos View Post
My FTP team has Newman. He's great on the gold level, but even on the diamond level, you have to pick your spots. There will be lots of balls in play, so you need a good defense to use him, and try to avoid teams with high contact hitters. Good luck with him!
I was hoping he could at least buy some time until I can find a proper fifth starter, but your scouting report is not encouraging. I would like a .500 record and an ERA under 5.00, anything else would be gravy.
I had the 90 Clemens up through diamond, but I knew he wouldnīt do the trick in perfect. Started the season with Severino there on a very short leash, which he reached after three starts.
Sunday is pack evening, so thereīs still hope!
Old 03-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #38
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002halos View Post
Really nice job winning your division at the end. A nice surprise first time I saw you in front!
We beat them 4 of 6 in late September. That got us over the hump.