Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #41
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
I thought I read that you can set up different active rosters for the tournaments from your cards. It didn't sound like you need multiples.

i.e. Your Bronze left handed hitter can be in a Bronze tournament and a lefty tournament at the same time
I am not 100 percent sure on this, but I thought I read you will need a card for each tournament/league.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #42
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Is it an assumption that you have to use different cards for multiple tournaments or has that been stated? I just asked over in the OOTP 20 PT forum.
"I believe the plan will be that you can create separate rosters for the tournaments. So you need to own all cards for each, but there should be nothing stopping you from playing in an "all-silver" tournament and an "all-gold" tournament at the same time, while your regular league team is still just your starter pack."

That was a quote from Matt in the OOTP 20 perfect team thread. I highlighted the part in red.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #43
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
"I believe the plan will be that you can create separate rosters for the tournaments. So you need to own all cards for each, but there should be nothing stopping you from playing in an "all-silver" tournament and an "all-gold" tournament at the same time, while your regular league team is still just your starter pack."

That was a quote from Matt in the OOTP 20 perfect team thread. I highlighted the part in red.
May have been mis-quoted there Don't trust everything I say about PT, since I both 1. Don't really directly work on it and 2. am bad at explaining.

I believe the goal will be that you basically can set different lineups for each tournament, but that you can still use your cards in each one. So you can play Trout in your regular league, and you can also use him in a "live-only" tournament, and you can also use him in a "best of the best" tournament as well, all at the same time, only needing 1 copy of the card.

But we will also certainly explain the rules much more in detail when we actually are ready to announce the feature, and obviously everything is still subject to change. *I believe what my quote was referring to more is that we don't have plans for any sort of "pass the pack" tournament, where we give you cards to play with. Everyone you play with in a tournament must be in your own collection, as far as I understand our current plans.

Last edited by Matt Arnold; 03-05-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:27 PM   #44
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
May have been mis-quoted there Don't trust everything I say about PT, since I both 1. Don't really directly work on it and 2. am bad at explaining.

I believe the goal will be that you basically can set different lineups for each tournament, but that you can still use your cards in each one. So you can play Trout in your regular league, and you can also use him in a "live-only" tournament, and you can also use him in a "best of the best" tournament as well, all at the same time, only needing 1 copy of the card.

But we will also certainly explain the rules much more in detail when we actually are ready to announce the feature, and obviously everything is still subject to change. *I believe what my quote was referring to more is that we don't have plans for any sort of "pass the pack" tournament, where we give you cards to play with. Everyone you play with in a tournament must be in your own collection, as far as I understand our current plans.
No worries, it is the only thing I seen on it. The part I highlighted in red is what made me think you needed a card for each.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:34 PM   #45
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Mid Day update.
Attached Images
Old 03-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #46
zrog2000
All Star Starter

My new purchase for LF to start the season has been a total bust so far.

Also a pull hitter. *sigh*

Not sure how a guy with an 87 power rating (89 vs RHP) in a 1.1 HR park is on pace for under 10 HR playing every game. .088 ISO seems a bit low.
Attached Images

Last edited by zrog2000; 03-05-2019 at 04:07 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #47
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitback View Post
For people getting OOTP 20, how many teams do you think you will run? I am running 3 right now and it might be a little much. I am thinking of concentrating on 1 team.
I'll keep running three teams
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #48
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
*I believe what my quote was referring to more is that we don't have plans for any sort of "pass the pack" tournament, where we give you cards to play with.

Darn. I was really looking forward to the tournament where you get a 25-man roster with all perfect Ohtani cards. Each time you win a game, you get a random perfect card to replace one of your Ohtani's.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:29 PM   #49
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Not sure how a guy with an 87 power rating (89 vs RHP) in a 1.1 HR park is on pace for under 10 HR playing every game. .088 ISO seems a bit low.
Must be the skinny early Sammy Sosa... give him time to bulk up with the juice and he'll be mighty Sammy Sosa soon enough.
Old 03-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #50
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Do you guys need any more teams for this league? My third team was promoted to diamond this week so I could sign them up if needed.

username: chazzycat3
team name: New New York Mets
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #51
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
Must be the skinny early Sammy Sosa... give him time to bulk up with the juice and he'll be mighty Sammy Sosa soon enough.
And remember what Sammy said before the US Congress... "I did not break any laws of the United States."

Well of course he didn't. He didn't use steroids for off label use in the US, he did it in the Dominican Republic during the off season where that same off label use was not illegal LOL.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:06 PM   #52
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Do you guys need any more teams for this league? My third team was promoted to diamond this week so I could sign them up if needed.

username: chazzycat3
team name: New New York Mets
I will add you to the waiting list for diamond. We will certainly need a few teams as we are already short.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:16 PM   #53
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

If you forgot to pickup the cork add-on, it becomes an 8.7 POW
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #54
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
And remember what Sammy said before the US Congress... "I did not break any laws of the United States."

Well of course he didn't. He didn't use steroids for off label use in the US, he did it in the Dominican Republic during the off season where that same off label use was not illegal LOL.

I dunno. There was some mis-remembering going on back then...
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #55
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I've had some decent luck with him on my pack-only team (silver/gold leagues).... obviously a strike-out magnet (never less than 200+ in a full season of play), but he is the all-or-nothing type... that being said, here's his career stats for me... stick with him if you can (and don't have a better option) and he might pull his cranium from his posterior and start producing

-8x player of the week
-6x player of the month
-3x platinum stick award
-2x all-star
-1x playoff series MVP
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #56
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I've had some decent luck with him on my pack-only team (silver/gold leagues).... obviously a strike-out magnet (never less than 200+ in a full season of play), but he is the all-or-nothing type... that being said, here's his career stats for me... stick with him if you can (and don't have a better option) and he might pull his cranium from his posterior and start producing

-8x player of the week
-6x player of the month
-3x platinum stick award
-2x all-star
-1x playoff series MVP
Yeah, I'm sticking with him and training him in LF, where he should reach an 87 eventually. He still has 2 HR in 156 PAs and a .086 ISO though. Yikes.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #57
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sticking with him and training him in LF, where he should reach an 87 eventually. He still has 2 HR in 156 PAs and a .086 ISO though. Yikes.
course I have him as DH, so he only has one thing to worry about.... hit the ball....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:20 PM   #58
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
I dunno. There was some mis-remembering going on back then...
Along with some faux outrage
Old 03-05-2019, 07:25 PM   #59
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
If you forgot to pickup the cork add-on, it becomes an 8.7 POW
I corked a bat once, didn't seem to make much difference but I must have made mine better since it didn't break. Never used it in a game. It was a scooped top bat and I drilled a one inch hole about six inches down and filled it with small super balls and polyurethane with the sawdust from the drilling packed into the top of the polyurethane and sanded smooth after it dried.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:11 AM   #60
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I never corked a bat. It wouldn't have made any difference since I rarely made contact with a pitched ball.