Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-24-2019, 09:51 AM   #1
WBTyler939
Minors (Single A)

Perfect Team is Killing Online Leagues?

Ever since PT was released, not only have my online leagues been losing players, but we can't seem to recruit new ones either. I'm hearing the same thing from people in other online leagues, to the point that leagues are shutting down because they can't get new owners to join. I have to imagine this is because people are opting to play PT instead, since it's more or less an online league. I'm hoping that the release of OOTP20 will reignite interest in online leagues, but I'm not optimistic. Hopefully PT and online leagues will be able to co-exist.
WBTyler939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
cavacom
Minors (Single A)

this is sad news indeed.
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:04 AM   #3
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

PT would appear to be a pretty good framework for future hosted online leagues. In the long run, it may end up being the best thing to happen to online leagues... hopefully.
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 11:10 PM   #4
BidPro
Minors (Single A)

If you can explain how i could join, i would find it awesome to be in a league.
BidPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:01 AM   #5
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

The PT warp speed pace-of-play makes it difficult to find time for other SIMs.
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:01 PM   #6
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mad_monk View Post
The PT warp speed pace-of-play makes it difficult to find time for other SIMs.
Good point. This is what I've enjoyed most about PT when compared to online leagues.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #7
bailey
Hall Of Famer

PT is online league lite. In PT, you don't have to worry about injuries, aging players, amateur drafts, free agency, and trading with other owners. Nevertheless, it would be nice if OOTP developed a real baseball game where skill determines long-term success instead of this card collecting game where money determines long-term success.

bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 02:36 PM   #8
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

I'm actually hoping PT will inspire OOTP to make it so they host online leagues and cloud services. From my understanding Online leagues are not as user friendly for quick pick up and play. You have to make sure everyone has the same update installed, download files and such. I could be wrong but if it is still like that, then PT could impact Online Leagues in a good way if OOTP wants.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:33 AM   #9
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BidPro View Post
If you can explain how i could join, i would find it awesome to be in a league.
me too! there is NO easy way to join an online league.
compare to say ROCKET LEAGUE (hot wheels soccer game) where it is clearly visible in the game.

I would RATHER play in an online league.
PT...is SIMPLE to join and you really dont have to do anything because AI is default

PT is only fun for me in the sense i like to see what i can do with not buying more cards and developing defense (the only real thing you can do to improve)

Money suck is not fun for me and if they are not going to improve the game with basic things such as tool tips and sortable stats on every screen, i will not buy....i will reevaluate in a couple of year..... there are WAY to many other games and activities vying for my money and attention
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #10
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
PT is online league lite. In PT, you don't have to worry about injuries, aging players, amateur drafts, free agency, and trading with other owners. Nevertheless, it would be nice if OOTP developed a real baseball game where skill determines long-term success instead of this card collecting game where money determines long-term success.
EXACTLY - MONEY is what turned me off from the real life sports....now it is ruining SIMs (for me) but plenty of people love spending MONEY
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

And another thread begins to turn toward hating people that buy points...
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #12
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Agreed. The OOTP community AND staff have always prided ourselves on the fact that OOTP allows you to play baseball in whatever way you like; Solo, Online, and now PT - all with various internal options, now including money.

Why does anyone have to attack others (or the staff) for adding MORE options? It's not like they took anything away... and blaming OOTP because previous online players are choosing to play the PT version is misplaced.

OOTP provides the options - the community decides how to use them.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #13
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

New guy here (since the year-end $5 Chris Sale to purchase the game) and while I have been learning Perfect Team pretty much exclusively since I joined, would love to join an online league on the regular side of the house.

I'll take a flip through the classified ads and jump in somewhere soon. But I'll gladly take some referrals/recruitment towards a league to join - I'm open to anything really.

Last edited by daveh2018; 03-02-2019 at 11:43 AM.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #14
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
me too! there is NO easy way to join an online league.
compare to say ROCKET LEAGUE (hot wheels soccer game) where it is clearly visible in the game.

I would RATHER play in an online league.
PT...is SIMPLE to join and you really dont have to do anything because AI is default

PT is only fun for me in the sense i like to see what i can do with not buying more cards and developing defense (the only real thing you can do to improve)

Money suck is not fun for me and if they are not going to improve the game with basic things such as tool tips and sortable stats on every screen, i will not buy....i will reevaluate in a couple of year..... there are WAY to many other games and activities vying for my money and attention
Then freaking leave and stop bitching here for hundreds of new threads.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:25 PM   #15
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
How are you jumping to this conclusion? I didnt see anyone hating a person for spending money on the game.

This whole money thing cracks me up because some of the people that spend money seem to get all defensive as if they are being personally attacked for spending money - but in the vast majority of cases it is people complaining about the system (where money provides an advantage or alters their OOTP experience - in this case outside of PT) not the individuals who spend the money.

How about instead of taking it personally, when its seemingly not meant to be personal, you look at it from the other perspective?

From what I gather, you have spent money on PP. But imagine a world where you didnt, for whatever many reasons people dont spend money on PP - would your views and experiences with OOTP the game be the same as they are now? I highly doubt it, at least the experiences part if not your own views. Or imagine you used to primarily play OOTP in online leagues, but all of the sudden the leagues are seeming to die off/stagnate in the wake of PT?

I think the original poster has a valid point, that with the emergence of PT there may be a decrease in activity of online league. That sucks for people who primarily/only play OOTP in online leagues. Just because someone comes in and vents about people spending money has changed their OOTP experience for the worse (the system) doesnt mean its a personal attack on people who spend money.

At the end of the day the developers have to weigh these consequences, and they probably have already. I dont begrudge the developers at all for attempting to better monetize their product, but some people its going to change their OOTP experience - and thats OK. Even if its different from your viewpoint or mine.

Sometimes I cant tell if you are trolling or serious, but if you are serious, you might benefit a bit (and i dont just mean here on these forums) from attempting to understand a viewpoint that is different from yours, rather than just react to it.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #16
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycockstrong View Post
How are you jumping to this conclusion? I didnt see anyone hating a person for spending money on the game.

This whole money thing cracks me up because some of the people that spend money seem to get all defensive as if they are being personally attacked for spending money - but in the vast majority of cases it is people complaining about the system (where money provides an advantage or alters their OOTP experience - in this case outside of PT) not the individuals who spend the money.

How about instead of taking it personally, when its seemingly not meant to be personal, you look at it from the other perspective?

From what I gather, you have spent money on PP. But imagine a world where you didnt, for whatever many reasons people dont spend money on PP - would your views and experiences with OOTP the game be the same as they are now? I highly doubt it, at least the experiences part if not your own views. Or imagine you used to primarily play OOTP in online leagues, but all of the sudden the leagues are seeming to die off/stagnate in the wake of PT?

I think the original poster has a valid point, that with the emergence of PT there may be a decrease in activity of online league. That sucks for people who primarily/only play OOTP in online leagues. Just because someone comes in and vents about people spending money has changed their OOTP experience for the worse (the system) doesnt mean its a personal attack on people who spend money.

At the end of the day the developers have to weigh these consequences, and they probably have already. I dont begrudge the developers at all for attempting to better monetize their product, but some people its going to change their OOTP experience - and thats OK. Even if its different from your viewpoint or mine.

Sometimes I cant tell if you are trolling or serious, but if you are serious, you might benefit a bit (and i dont just mean here on these forums) from attempting to understand a viewpoint that is different from yours, rather than just react to it.
Again,, in all fairness, I think you missed this post...

"EXACTLY - MONEY is what turned me off from the real life sports....now it is ruining SIMs (for me) but plenty of people love spending MONEY"

Things were going fine until the "but plenty of people love spending MONEY" (in caps) which no matter how you read it is an attack on people that spend money. I'm sure that's what Orcin was referring to because that's the way I took it as well.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #17
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Again,, in all fairness, I think you missed this post...

"EXACTLY - MONEY is what turned me off from the real life sports....now it is ruining SIMs (for me) but plenty of people love spending MONEY"

Things were going fine until the "but plenty of people love spending MONEY" (in caps) which no matter how you read it is an attack on people that spend money. I'm sure that's what Orcin was referring to because that's the way I took it as well.
I did see that, i read it as how plenty of people are spending money and its changing the game for him (as he says "for me").

And how is that an attack on people who spend money? Its basically a statement of fact that people are spending money on the game, and the poster says he doesnt like it (because its implied it is changing his experience), but he never personally attacks anyone.

If you guys think its a personal attack, i think you are maybe a bit too sensitive. Its a statement, which seems at least reasonably true on the surface since many people on these forums have indicated that they have spent money on the game. He isnt making an outlandish statement, nor did he personally attack anyone.

Look at it this way, if i was in some thread saying "wtf man there are over 15 larry dierkers in my league! its kind of annoying id rather not face larry dierker every series. All these people with larry dierker are kind of making my experience of OOTP worse off FOR ME. You know what, im not gonna play OOTP anymore because im sick of larry dierker" - is that a personal attack on people who have larry dierker on their roster? Of course not. Its just a statement about an individuals view/take on what they like about the game. You can disagree with it. You can say well larry is cheap and good of course people will have him. But any way you look at it, the original statement isnt a personal attack on people using larry. Its a personal view/interpretation of the state of the game.

Its ok for people to have different experiences/viewpoints in life, or in this case about OOTP. Just because someone has a different viewpoint, even if they appear passionate about it (and some people may come off as more abrasive than intended, simply because they are venting or whatever).

If you assume people are hostile, you will see them as hostile. If you give them the the benefit of the doubt, particularly if they have a valid (as in, maybe not the same as yours but within reason) viewpoint on something, they may not be hostile at all.

PS/full disclosure - i have larry dierker on my roster since week 1 and in beta too, so this is not an attack on larry dierker
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:37 PM   #18
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

@bobbycockstrong: I wrote one sentence. You wrote two long posts telling me how to act, live, think, etc. Who is being hostile?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #19
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Then freaking leave and stop bitching here for hundreds of new threads.
Lol. Tooo funny...😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #20
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Actually for me I just want to have fun. If I spend 5,000 Dollars and can afford it who cares? The last I heard there were over 7,000 people enjoying this version. If it takes away from online league it only means people like PT leagues better then online leagues. Yes, PT is a money league. So is going out to eat and I enjoy doing both. If I did not I would play the regular game and eat at home. I think Markus is finally getting paid off (I hope) for all those years he made a fantastic (And best) product for less money than a family eating at a McDonald’s just once. I hope this becomes a huge success and I will help as much as I can by supporting PT. I find it a wonderful mode going far beyond just the game. All the people I have become friends can never have a price set to it. I should thank him for this also. 😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote