Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 08-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Post Questions about Junior Leagues, contracts and players' rights

Hello guys.

I would like to get information from you about Junior Leagues and Players' Rights.
The thing is I made a custom league with main league "Icelandic Hockey League", minor and junior league as farm teams of the IHL teams, as far as I know is working fine.

I started playing with a Junior team as my character is "totally unknown".
After the first season ended 3 of my best players signed contracts with teams of the IHL but none of those teams is my main team, I hope this makes sense. I mean, my main team of the IHL never called up those players, they ended signing with other teams even when their rights are own by my junior team.

Now my questions:
This is working as intended?
It's normal that teams can sign players so easily?
I was searching a little but I couldn't find specific information about this.
I was building a nice team for the second season and in two days lost 3 of my best players
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Even though they signed, does your team still have rights to them? I believe this is a small issue in Custom Leagues just do to the player database being small and injuries occurring in the first year or two.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:07 AM   #3
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Even though they signed, does your team still have rights to them? I believe this is a small issue in Custom Leagues just do to the player database being small and injuries occurring in the first year or two.
No, they just signed with the major leagues teams without any other advice in the mailbox. I also noticed that other junior teams lost some players as well.

So this issue will continue? If so I can't continue playing in the junior league like this.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:15 AM   #4
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikgianino View Post
No, they just signed with the major leagues teams without any other advice in the mailbox. I also noticed that other junior teams lost some players as well.

So this issue will continue? If so I can't continue playing in the junior league like this.
As I said, it memory serves it does affect the first year or two until more players are generated for the database. You can also alleviate it some I believe by creating some additional players as well.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:31 AM   #5
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
As I said, it memory serves it does affect the first year or two until more players are generated for the database. You can also alleviate it some I believe by creating some additional players as well.
I see then.
So just to make this clear for me (new player + english is not my mother language aside I'm fluid in it).

After the second season this issue will slowly get fixed?
Where I should add more players? In the main league or junior free agents?
Old 08-28-2018, 10:57 AM   #6
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikgianino View Post
I see then.
So just to make this clear for me (new player + english is not my mother language aside I'm fluid in it).

After the second season this issue will slowly get fixed?
Where I should add more players? In the main league or junior free agents?
If memory serves, yes. And ideally both. The issue is when the injuries pile up and the game needs to take players to help out.

However you can still Edit a player and reassign them to you too if you do lose someone.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
If memory serves, yes. And ideally both. The issue is when the injuries pile up and the game needs to take players to help out.

However you can still Edit a player and reassign them to you too if you do lose someone.
Understood, thank you very much!!