Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #41
DrTobiasFunke
Minors (Single A)

The Tucson Sidewinders will advance to the gold league next year after sweeping the division series (That PP bonus was very welcome). Sadly, they fell in 6 in the subleague series, so no championship this year. Got 13k stockpiled in PP though, so there could be some pending acquisitions to improve the lineup/staff during this offseason.

But let's talk about my other team, which I haven't mentioned yet. The Miami Beach Bronze Bodies are a themeish team where I've allowed myself to use the AH for bronze players while the rest of the team comes from packs (Also a no silvers policy for the moment, so it's 3 golds and the rest are bronze). Same sort of offensive/defensive build as the Sidewinders, but I decided to go another way with the pitching. With no consideration to stuff or movement, I built an elite league leading rotation out of bronze finesse pitchers. (Outside of Denis Boucher, but he was having a real good season before the rotation makeover.)

Name:  bb.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  104.3 KB

Probably not the biggest sample size, but I was pleasantly surprised with the effect of the pitch around global strategy setting. I think because I usually just end up with what I get from the farm in franchise mode I had never specialized pitching strategy this hard, but with the settings cranked up (Max Pitch around, low IBB) I think the results speak for themselves. Also, they're going to the bronze world series in their league, because of course they should be more successful than my main team.

Last edited by DrTobiasFunke; 03-10-2019 at 09:00 PM. Reason: grammar
DrTobiasFunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #42
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
anyone else like me who doesn't make any roster moves towards the end of the year? I already have upgraded players waiting on the reserve roster to start next season but want to give my guys the chance to finish it off
I make acquisitions through the playoffs. Got Gaylord Perry for the playoffs and he came up big for me.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #43
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

2-time Perfect League Champs!
Attached Images
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:08 PM   #44
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
2-time Perfect League Champs!
where do you see that screen?
Old 03-10-2019, 11:22 PM   #45
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
where do you see that screen?
If you win and exit out and come back in, it'll pop-up every time until the new season.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:34 PM   #46
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
If you win and exit out and come back in, it'll pop-up every time until the new season.

Thank you.
Attached Images
Old 03-11-2019, 12:14 AM   #47
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Coulee comes up short, loses Bronze .312 World Series in 6 games

The better team won. The more experienced team won. The team with higher value players won. But, it still tastes a little bitter for the Coulee Cubs. So close, but yet so far. Congrats to the Sin City Aces--a team that will finally get out of bronze after 10 seasons.

All of the games were pretty close and the difference seems to have been the Coulee bullpen having a funky stretch of games. Thought to be the strength of the club, Jose Alvarado, Craig Stammen, and Aroldis Chapman all blew it in separate games.

Thanks to the bullpen, Coulee came up short 3-1 in game 1 (10 innings), 5-3 in game 2 (was tied in bot. 8), and 5-4 in a decisive game 6 (Chapman blew it in the bot. 9).

Not sure if runner-up with the 2nd best W/L in the league means promotion to silver or sticking around in bronze, but it was an entertaining year for this rookie PT club nonetheless.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:47 AM   #48
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
anyone else like me who doesn't make any roster moves towards the end of the year? I already have upgraded players waiting on the reserve roster to start next season but want to give my guys the chance to finish it off
Yep, I'm like that too.

In other news, my Hoggs got swept out of the Division Series. I may come up short with my FTP goal of getting to Perfect before OOTP 20 comes out...

I won't be around much this week to manage the team, either. Just checking in at the end of the day. Maybe my team will do better with that approach

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:46 AM   #49
Kushiel
All Star Starter

The Yakety Yaks just completed their 4th Perfect League Championship.
Attached Images

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:03 AM   #50
Kushiel
All Star Starter

A season of over-achievement by the Loose Cannons was topped off with an unlikely Diamond Level Championship. The Cannons edged the Ursa Minor Polaris in 7 games during the Conference Championship to advance to the World Series against the Barks Flyers. The Cannons then made quick work of the Flyers winning the series 4 games to 1. Welcome to Perfect League, Loose Cannons.

The Loose Cannons played my other FTP team the Ursa Minor Polaris in the Conference Finals. I knew then one of my FTP teams was moving to a Perfect League disaster. I was hoping Polaris would win because they are the stronger of these 2 teams. But, the RNG's decided to send better plankton to the feast. I will have fun with the Cannons in Perfect trying to stay there. It is not in me to want relegated. My Pappy would not tolerate giving up to find an easier path. That is one of his best qualities that he passed to me.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote