Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-07-2019, 10:58 AM   #1
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Team for OOTP 20

What will you do for your team/s for OOTP 20? What I mean is that my Yakety Yaks, Ursa Minor Polaris, and the Loose Cannons will remain active at some level, probably less so as time passes. I am attached to these teams and they have their own personalities. So, I will not just be making new teams and using my present logos and names all over again when OOTP 20 releases. Everything, team names, logos, and uniforms will be squeaky new and unsoiled.

I am not sure how I will build the teams yet except for one that I am going to commit to a pure small ball team with bunts, hits and runs, sacrifices, etc. The other two I am undecided since I have a full year to develop them. There will very likely be a team built closely to the Yak strategy blueprint. One thing I know is that I am going to start all three new teams at FTP to see how things shake out for them each early. Then after I see how the luck flows and the wind blows I will pick one to spend my meager dollars on. Of course I will be working the AH very hard again from the beginning.

Good luck now and in OOTP 20. I can hardly wait! Remember to have fun!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

And what exactly is the "yak strategy blueprint" - inquiring minds want to know.....................

I hate the yaks - Glad I havent seen yall for a while!
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 12:55 PM   #3
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I will have three teams with all starting off F2P and am thinking this:

1. All defense and pitching

2. 1950 thru 1969 players only (this will probably eventually be my P2P team)

3. Packs only (not sure on this one yet), or maybe an all HOF players only
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:17 PM   #4
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaintsfan View Post
And what exactly is the "yak strategy blueprint" - inquiring minds want to know.....................

I hate the yaks - Glad I havent seen yall for a while!
LOL, I think we have stung each other a few times.

I would not even show my wife of 49 years all the strategy tweaks of the Yaks.

Edit: P.S. We have evolved so much on the Yaks as I have learned this play style that I can barely remember what we started as, except that we noticed movement in Beta and got a jump start on our staff.

Last edited by Kushiel; 03-07-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #5
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I plan on doing three teams as kind of an experiment, on equal footing with each other. That means no packs.

Team #1 - extreme small ball - contact & speed
Team #2 - extreme saber - power & walks
Team #3 - Thanos team (perfectly balanced, as all things should be)
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #6
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
I plan on doing three teams as kind of an experiment, on equal footing with each other. That means no packs.

Team #1 - extreme small ball - contact & speed
Team #2 - extreme saber - power & walks
Team #3 - Thanos team (perfectly balanced, as all things should be)
Nice diversity.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #7
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

For 19, I eventually decided to have an all-AH team, an all-Normal Pack team, and an all-Gold Pack team (which is actually not as bad as you might think - it does start incredibly slow, but eventually reaches a solid point of stability as you Gold out the roster, but then stagnates again as chances to upgrade beyond Gold are extremely limited).

For 20, I will not be bothering with an all-Gold Pack team. What I do with my teams is going to be highly dependent upon how tournaments wind up being implemented. For example, I may demand such roster variability and mobility for use in various tournaments that it might not make sense to specialize in any one way on the team itself. We'll have to wait and see...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #8
gemini615
All Star Reserve

I plan to start out 20 with 3 FTP pack only teams, but as Dogberry99 said, I will adjust to tournaments and transition accordingly. I have no interest in speeding up the ranks this time around as we'll all have 12 months to play with the new mode. I'll only create a theme team once I'm certain I can afford the top two or three cards of the theme I'm craving.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:09 PM   #9
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

the Waffletown Syrups will transition to v20 with the same theme (pre-ww2 players).... only change will be they will hold onto all kinds of players for the reserve roster for tournament possibilities (not going to hold them to the pre-ww2 theme for tourneys)

for a second team.... still haven't decided yet... did pack-only/no AH in v19, but not sure I want to go that route again...
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:16 PM   #10
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
LOL, I think we have stung each other a few times.

I would not even show my wife of 49 years all the strategy tweaks of the Yaks.

Edit: P.S. We have evolved so much on the Yaks as I have learned this play style that I can barely remember what we started as, except that we noticed movement in Beta and got a jump start on our staff.
Hahaha I agree on the evolution comment. And my bank account has suffered in the process!
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:08 PM   #11
daves
Hall Of Famer

I am not sure what I will add but I am definitely sticking to one team. I just hope the AH is more informative. I don't enjoy having to do player searches in the leagues I participate in to find the true ratings of players.

Last edited by daves; 03-09-2019 at 03:18 PM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #12
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

The Raccoons will continue to be tended to, but I will also start off two teams in 20; a main team to drop the occasional dime into (maybe not named Raccoons, I could get confused at some point…), and a secondary team with no money input to finish last in bronze with every season.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote