Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:37 PM   #21
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBJT View Post
Yes, Changed names....assigned all teams human managers

Both cities and nicknames were changed. I have backups and quick starts to do multiple tests.

As for a previous poster, I did not see anything in the HISTORICAL tab that had the word "Evolution" in there so I am not quite sure which setting he is referring to.

I do have Auto Import Historical Rookies checked and Import rookies as Free Agents checked as well.

I did a few tests in MLB (not AAA) league mode and the team names stayed the same, so maybe I am safe there, but wondering where the 1982 rookies are , as it had progressed to the 1982 pre season and I looked at the complete player list and no 1982 rookies could be found.
It won't be called evolution, it will be called historical expansion. If historical expansion is turned off, you can change a teams location, nickname etc. and they will remain the year after year. But, you will have to do expansion manually. I think stadium changes are also tied in with expansion(or is that tied to financials), so you will have to manually adjust that as well.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:27 AM   #22
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Y

As for a previous poster, I did not see anything in the HISTORICAL tab that had the word "Evolution" in there so I am not quite sure which setting he is referring to.

Forgot what it was called but its in the 2nd SS. Only problem is you have to do manual expansion.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #23
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Forgot what it was called but its in the 2nd SS. Only problem is you have to do manual expansion.
Thanks for posting the screenshot. Mr Smartypants(me) got it wrong. It's historical expansion when using the setup wizard, but as you've shown, it's automatic expansion in the menus.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:54 AM   #24
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

Thank guys! I think I have the name changing under control. Just have to figure out why the rookies are not populating, but I can import them from the database easy enough. StatsLab may remedy this (haven't researched that too much) but doing my best to learn this program. I know it will be well worth it in the end.
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 12:47 PM   #25
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank guys! I think I have the name changing under control. Just have to figure out why the rookies are not populating, but I can import them from the database easy enough. StatsLab may remedy this (haven't researched that too much) but doing my best to learn this program. I know it will be well worth it in the end.
Yeah I thought getting rookies to import to teams would be more work.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:02 PM   #26
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Actually there is a way to not have the team names revert. You go into each team's team settings, and then where it shows the team's historical ID-franchise - for example for the Braves it will show that they play in Atlanta but are BostonNL and MilwaukeeNL2 or whatever it is - eliminate those IDs. They are the last two rows on the page. Remember to hit return on each line after you cancel out the historical IDs. After that, they should not return to the real life team name anymore.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:04 PM   #27
italyprof
All Star Reserve

And what David Watt said too. Sorry, I wrote my own comment, which also works, without having read his first. I always do get rid of historical expansion, so it may be that David's solution is what works for me and I thought it was my solution all the time. But try both at the same time. Sure to work then.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:01 PM   #28
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
Actually there is a way to not have the team names revert. You go into each team's team settings, and then where it shows the team's historical ID-franchise - for example for the Braves it will show that they play in Atlanta but are BostonNL and MilwaukeeNL2 or whatever it is - eliminate those IDs. They are the last two rows on the page. Remember to hit return on each line after you cancel out the historical IDs. After that, they should not return to the real life team name anymore.
I didnt know that way but wouldnt that prevent rookies from going to their historical teams?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:01 PM   #29
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I didnt know that way but wouldnt that prevent rookies from going to their historical teams?
Yes it does that. But I always play random debut, or almost always, and even when I play a historical season I run a fantasy draft and so I am not worried about that. But if that is important to you it would not be the right strategy for your league.