Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #1
Getch
All Star Reserve

OOTPOU Online Utilities 2.1

Sorry it took me a while to get this version out. And in fact, it doesn't have the utilty I was working on (Awards voting) as I never got enough time/motivation to do it. But I know people are waiting for this so I'll release what I got now, and add the Awards voting sometime soon.

First up, the new utilties are all 100% fhomness's credit. All I did was integrate them into my code. They are:

Ratings Report: Be able to sort any organization's (and free agent's) players by multiple ratings. Similar to the draft sorting tool, just for your organization.

Playoff Odds Report: See who's got the best chance to make the playoffs, or (in my case, usually), see how much of a longshot you are. Uses complex pythag. formulas that are over my head. This is found under the Last Sim report.

The following are the bugfixes and tweaks I've done:

Draft:
  • Fixed issues with the draft timer not displaying properly
  • Added an option to set a team to "Auto-draft" if the admin has to auto draft for the team due to missing the pick
Last Sim:
  • Fixed to work on multi-league setups, so each league can see their own Last Sim report.
Development:
  • Split the generation of the development reports into two tasks (running the diff and generating the HTML links), so hopefully people do not hit the CPU limit on their webservers
Managers/Profile:
  • Added two fields, Forum ID and a link to a PM for the forum, to integrate OOTPOU with league forums.
And additional other minor fixes that I've forgotten about.

To install for the first time, use:

http://www.getch.org/OOTPOU/OOTPOU.zip

To upgrade an existing installation, use:

http://www.getch.org/OOTPOU/OOTPOUPatch.zip

Note that when you install the new version, you will need to rerun your Last Sim report to view it again. All other utilities should work fine right from the get go.

I haven't had time to update the Readme. I will do it soon, but to explain the new Playoff Odds report, I will post an excerpt from fhomness's readme that he wrote. The Ratings report is pretty self-exlpanatory.

As usual, PM or post if you have any questions or issues.

Last edited by Getch; 02-11-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Getch
All Star Reserve

fhomness's readme for the Playoff Odds:

Postseason Qualifiers
There are two options here:
1. Division Winners
2. Division Winners + Wild Card(s)

Choose the correct setting for your league. Note that when division winners are selected, the report will display how many times each team won the division.

When the Wild Card option is selected, the report will display the percentage of the time that the team won the division, as well as the percentage of the time the team won a Wild Card. In leagues with an odd number of divisions, 1 Wild Card team is selected, while leagues with an even number of divisions will have 2 Wild Card teams selected. In this latter case, the Wild Cards will be the two best non-division winning teams, and may come from the same division.

If you have an unusual league structure, you may find that the wild card option doesn’t work for your league. In those cases, please use the division winners setting for the time being and let me know if you’d really like me to try to get it to work for your league.

Estimate Future Success Based On
There are two options here:
1. Pythagorean Win Pct
2. Actual Win Pct

When the utility simulates the remainder of the season, you can decide whether to use each team’s Pythagorean record or actual record to approximate their level of performance. The utility then uses the Log5 method of calculating the chance of winning any single game throughout the remainder of the season. This is then compared to a random value, and a win or a loss is assigned.

Pythagorean Exponent
When using the Pythagorean Win Pct to determine team success, you have the ability to configure the exponent in the equation. Originally, an exponent of 2.00 was used, although later research has shown that 1.82 is slightly more accurate, and that is recommended.

Seasons to Simulate
The number of simulated seasons you want to run. Each season takes time to run, so when first configuring the utility, it’s recommended to try with just 1 or 2 seasons before entering a large number here. In the IFB, I’ve run it with 1000 seasons, and it takes between 5 and 10 seconds to finish. If you set it too high, the code will fail as the numbers get too big.

BE SURE TO SAVE YOUR SETTINGS BEFORE CLICKING THE GENERATE REPORT BUTTON
Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
thomamon
Global Moderator

This is awesome Getch...

Adds so much to our league, really help completes it.

I'm gonna go make a paypal donation now!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
sporr
Global Moderator

Thank you guys!
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:38 AM   #5
sporr
Global Moderator

Anybody having trouble getting the update to work? I overwrote the files on my server and now I get an Internal Server Error message. It was working just fine before.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #6
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Anybody having trouble getting the update to work? I overwrote the files on my server and now I get an Internal Server Error message. It was working just fine before.
Just a guess here, did you re chmod that one file? Not sure if you have to or not, I installed it from scratch on a new league and had no problem. Getch applied the update to our online league.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
Getch
All Star Reserve

One other thing that came to mind. If you changed the location of perl, which is the first line of ootpou.pl:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

to get the utilties to work originally, you will have to redo that when you apply the patch, as it will be overwritten.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #8
sporr
Global Moderator

Strange. I found out how to find the error log and apparently in the overwriting the utils.pm file didn't upload correctly or something (though I uploaded twice). I uploaded a fresh copy and it's working just fine now. Thanks for the help!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #9
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

This is my first time using this and I go to view exports, but none of the exports show up. Can someone please help. My AIM Screenname is Klew1987.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #10
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
This is my first time using this and I go to view exports, but none of the exports show up. Can someone please help. My AIM Screenname is Klew1987.
Most likely your path is wrong to the export directory. I had to mess around and test a bunch of different paths before I found the one that would correctly pull the info from the export directory on my server.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #11
sporr
Global Moderator

Here's how I had to do mine...which go into the "league" directory on my server:

../league
Old 02-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #12
sporr
Global Moderator

Alright, I have this working quite well now. However, the links aren't making it onto the player pages even though I am clicking that button. I'm careful to upload the player pages first, so it isn't that they are getting overwritten. And it does some processing after I click the button, but I don't see the link anywhere. Any ideas?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #13
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr View Post
Alright, I have this working quite well now. However, the links aren't making it onto the player pages even though I am clicking that button. I'm careful to upload the player pages first, so it isn't that they are getting overwritten. And it does some processing after I click the button, but I don't see the link anywhere. Any ideas?
Its a bug, Getch knows about it but has had visitors from out of town and hasn't had time to check into it yet. He'll get to it really soon.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #14
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomamon View Post
Its a bug, Getch knows about it but has had visitors from out of town and hasn't had time to check into it yet. He'll get to it really soon.
Yes... and apparently Tom is my spokesperson now ... actually, Tom is my secretary. That's better.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:42 PM   #15
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Yes... and apparently Tom is my spokesperson now ... actually, Tom is my secretary. That's better.
I personally prefer co-founder and ceo.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:39 PM   #16
Getch
All Star Reserve

I fixed the issue with the player Development links not showing up, and the fix has been added to the links above. The only file changed is DevAdmin.pm, in case you don't want to install the whole thing.

Also, FYI, for those of you who were having the issue with the development report repeating history, know that the issue will show up again the FIRST time you run the development report with the fix, but subsequent runs it will be fine.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #17
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
I fixed the issue with the player Development links not showing up, and the fix has been added to the links above. The only file changed is DevAdmin.pm, in case you don't want to install the whole thing.

Also, FYI, for those of you who were having the issue with the development report repeating history, know that the issue will show up again the FIRST time you run the development report with the fix, but subsequent runs it will be fine.
You rule!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #18
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:

Thank you!!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #19
DWK
All Star Reserve

Thanks
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #20
Zubes
Major Leagues

Getch, can you give a little walk through, or example, of how to properly use the playoff odds? I didnt see anything in the readme that helps to explain it. and everytime i run it trying different numbers i get a division by zero error. thanks bud.

Beyond the Ivy - Commish, Twins GM
Stars and Stripes Baseball League - Cubs GM
Bricks and Ivy - Orioles GM

Sim Coalition - co-founder

Zubes is offline   Reply With Quote