Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 25th Anniversary Edition of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA, KBO and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Old 02-17-2024, 09:17 PM   #61
tm1681
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannibalcorpse View Post
from my (admittedly rudimentary) poking around, it looks like the Professional Footballers Association has a deal with Football Manger, but not the Premier League itself - kind of reminiscent of the old Sega game Sports Talk Baseball that had a deal with the MLBPA but not MLB itself, so you have Howard Johnson, but he only plays on the "New York team" and not the actual Mets.
There were quite a few baseball games like that back in the day. NFL games too.

The NBA was really the first league that let seemingly let any notable outfit that wanted to make a pro basketball video game have the license under the idea that "more exposure is good".
Old 02-17-2024, 11:25 PM   #62
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I fully admit this has made me much more disinterested in OOTP over the last couple of years.
Yeah, especially since they altered people's saved games. Made me wary of purchasing new versions and if i do will be at steep discount. What will they remove next?
Old 02-18-2024, 02:36 AM   #63
itsmb8
All Star Starter

The *** has a partnership with Konami for their baseball game. OOTP is owned by Com2Us. Thats the Asian version of EA and 2K. Even tho the *** game is more The Show and not close to what OOTP is, the chance they give OOTP a license is slim to none.

It is what it is. Honestly, id rather them pour resources into giving us a better GM rpg like FM does

MLB Ballpark Ads

My uniform templates!
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 12:54 PM   #64
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

I'm glad I kept my copy of OOTP23.
RubeBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 01:34 PM   #65
tehsuigi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactusguy21 View Post
I know that getting the licensed leagues is difficult, but can you please please please consider having templates for some generic foreign leagues that have the same player creation modifiers but otherwise are totally fictional? This would allow those of us who like WBC in the game to still play it.

I do plan on updating my fictional [LEAGUE REDACTED] replacement for 25, including an independent league and a development league. I miss the league as much as anyone, but until it comes back, I can try to provide the substitute.

OOTP Streamer Affiliate on Twitch - come get your drops!
tehsuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 02:53 PM   #66
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehsuigi View Post
I do plan on updating my fictional [LEAGUE REDACTED] replacement for 25, including an independent league and a development league. I miss the league as much as anyone, but until it comes back, I can try to provide the substitute.
I have a substitute if anyone wants it
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 03:21 PM   #67
CorehDaVagabond
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
The *** has a partnership with Konami for their baseball game. OOTP is owned by Com2Us. Thats the Asian version of EA and 2K. Even tho the *** game is more The Show and not close to what OOTP is, the chance they give OOTP a license is slim to none.

It is what it is. Honestly, id rather them pour resources into giving us a better GM rpg like FM does
Japan's business culture has some considerable quirks with licensing for PC content as well. See: Judgement and it's issues with Takuya Kimura's contract with his staffing agency allowing it to have a PC port and even causing issues with people simply posting pictures with his face uncensored online at press conferences.

That said, The Show was able to get japanese players for the WBC last year so anything is possible. But the issue may be more related to it being a PC game. Just throwing this potential out there for consideration
CorehDaVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 08:07 PM   #68
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by uruguru View Post
You're not sorry.

OOTP is legally prohibited from including the Japanese leagues in the game. There is absolutely zero they can do about it, but you knew that already.

I get that pretending to be outraged gives you endorphins but it's a bad look
Your post does not make any sense whatsoever...I am certainly not outraged or pretending to be. It is my dough and I decide on what I'll spent it. I love Japan baseball and the professional league, even more so then MLB and other leagues.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A346E met Tapatalk
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 11:50 PM   #69
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Markus is doing his best I'm sure. Meanwhile I suggest you learn to live without it.

It is what it is.
Well said... every release I hope for improvement for the 19th century part of the game, it never happen and that's life. I don't complain I just do the manual work needed to have a real experience of that period, I won't skip a purchase because 29 seasons ask me to do a lot of works when the other 123 rocks.

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 07:24 PM   #70
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I have a substitute if anyone wants it
If you're referring to your full world setup, I think it's very good and I think many would enjoy it.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 10:02 AM   #71
Honny118
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm1681 View Post
There were quite a few baseball games like that back in the day. NFL games too.

The NBA was really the first league that let seemingly let any notable outfit that wanted to make a pro basketball video game have the license under the idea that "more exposure is good".
I can say as an avid Taiwan baseball follower CPBL would be more than happy to include them for free as well. I know quite a few OOTP players from Taiwan (yes, there is a mass there, also even with their own online leagues) which are very disappointed on dropping their league silently in the current version.
Honny118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 10:36 AM   #72
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubeBaker View Post
I'm glad I kept my copy of OOTP23.
FWIW, the last few builds of 23 won't allow you to have *** either.
Old 02-25-2024, 03:59 PM   #73
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by uruguru View Post
You're not sorry.

OOTP is legally prohibited from including the Japanese leagues in the game. There is absolutely zero they can do about it, but you knew that already.

I get that pretending to be outraged gives you endorphins but it's a bad look
They are not legally prohibited from including a fictional baseball league based in Japan with different names, cities, players, simply just using the exact same modifiers that help generate future leagues back when they had [redacted league].

This is relatively easy for them to include in the game, but relatively hard for us to manual insert into different games without the checkbox.
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 05:43 PM   #74
RMc
All Star Starter

Still unanswered...

...why were all the other leagues deleted? Mexican, Cuban, Taiwanese, European, even the US independent leagues?
Old 02-25-2024, 05:54 PM   #75
snarls200
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post
...why were all the other leagues deleted? Mexican, Cuban, Taiwanese, European, even the US independent leagues?
Most likely they played it safe after what happened with the Japanese league
snarls200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 12:44 AM   #76
JerseyDan421
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactusguy21 View Post
They are not legally prohibited from including a fictional baseball league based in Japan with different names, cities, players, simply just using the exact same modifiers that help generate future leagues back when they had [redacted league].

This is relatively easy for them to include in the game, but relatively hard for us to manual insert into different games without the checkbox.

As much as I miss the international leagues, especially the "censored" one, at this point, I LOVE this idea, I wouldn't even be upset if they added their own little twists or whatever to the templates for international leagues, I just wish it was there because I hate making my own international leagues, I always end up making them very poorly, so it would be cool just to have pre-made(if we choose) fictional international leagues.
JerseyDan421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 07:50 AM   #77
RMc
All Star Starter

Quote:

Most likely they played it safe after what happened with the Japanese league.
What, were they afraid the Pecos League was going to sue them? Seriously?
Old 02-26-2024, 08:24 AM   #78
jcard
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
(Disregard)

Last edited by jcard; 02-26-2024 at 08:28 AM.
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 09:39 AM   #79
rburgh
All Star Reserve

Back in the 60's

APBA Baseball had a simple workaround. Teams were identified by city and league only. Players had correct last names but fictional nickname first names. And there were no graphics, real or faked (it was the 1960's, after all).

I don't think MLB ever found a way to stop them from doing this, but I gave up on the APBA game after about 1988 when I flipped my allegiance to strat-o-matic.
rburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:52 AM   #80
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMc View Post
What, were they afraid the Pecos League was going to sue them? Seriously?
I think it is more likely that OOTP just now has a policy that they only include leagues they have licensed.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote