Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #141
yoye
Bat Boy

Get rewards for completing some "collection". If the main goal of perfect team is to collect cards, I think that user which collect card must get rewards.

For exemple completing a team roster should provide a reward like an iconic player of the franchise.

So that could give 2 ways to play, those who sell all there cards when they have low values those who collect all. The other effect is that low value card could be sell higher in auction house because of the collection completion rewards.
yoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #142
vyshka
Major Leagues

It would be nice to have the ability to search by team name in the managers tab of the perfect team universe, instead of just by manager name.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #143
halofan12
Bat Boy

I'd love to be able to sort players that are on the auction block by their ML team.. This would be very helpful for people trying to build theme teams.
halofan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:35 PM   #144
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan12 View Post
I'd love to be able to sort players that are on the auction block by their ML team.. This would be very helpful for people trying to build theme teams.
Just type the team name in the player name search field.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:20 PM   #145
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezone13 View Post
Can we add to that the following search criteria:

- Search by individual ratings, handedness
This. The ability to sort/filter by player ratings other than OVR is a no-brainer.
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #146
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHey1 View Post
Will there be a way to "gift" PP or packs to friends?
This seems like it would be easy to exploit for gifting PP/packs from a burner account to your main account.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:26 PM   #147
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwb6 View Post
Allow a defensive sub setting that allows a player in the lineup to move to another position. So for instance, you bring in a SS and the player at SS moves to 2B because he's better a 2B def than the player in the lineup. This is pretty complex for the OOTP profile manager but a common double defensive switch in MLB.

May have already been mentioned but filter pitchers and batters in AH by handedness - say you're looking for a LH closer or a SH CF it might be nice to filter on those.
This hasn't even been implemented in the main game despite it being a pretty useful idea. My suggestions has always been to have the AI find the optimal defensive setup given the current players on the field any time a substitution is made when simming games. Would be a pretty easy algorithm to write.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:36 PM   #148
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
This hasn't even been implemented in the main game despite it being a pretty useful idea. My suggestions has always been to have the AI find the optimal defensive setup given the current players on the field any time a substitution is made when simming games. Would be a pretty easy algorithm to write.
Famous last words.

Okay, it is an easy algorithm to write, but it's an extremely difficult algorithm to write efficiently.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:38 PM   #149
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Just make your best bid in the first place and the highest bidder won’t change if you win the card. If the high bidder does change, you wouldn’t have bid again anyway no matter how much time is added because you have already made your best bid.
This logic is as nonsensical now as it was the first time it was mentioned. We rarely know what our "max" bid is a priori outside of bidding all the PP we have. If you're hiring to fill a spot and determine that you can afford to pay the employee $50,000/year then find the absolute perfect candidate but they want $50,001/year, are you going to send them packing? Of course not. My strategy, which I imagine is similar to most players, is to bid an amount that I think is fair if not a bid in my favor. If I'm the high bidder, then I stop until I get notified that I have been outbid. If I know that I am not going to be around later to up my bid, then I might bid a bit more just to be safe with the understanding that I might lose the auction. That said, I think being able to view auction stats for a card from the auction house would help with this. I, for one would probably adopt a strategy of setting a true "max" bid of the average sale price of the card with the thought being that I should be able to get the player for that price or less eventually.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:42 PM   #150
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Famous last words.

Okay, it is an easy algorithm to write, but it's an extremely difficult algorithm to write efficiently.
I agree. The obvious first step would be a brute force approach wherein every possible defensive combination was tested and the one with the highest sum of all positional ratings was chosen. That's going to be a nightmare when implemented at scale. An easy next step would be to only evaluate combinations where each player as a non-zero rating at the position. Still slow though, I imagine. You could limit the search to the most common changes such as swapping 2B/SS or re-aligning the OF. That wouldn't necessarily yield an optimal solution but would probably only need to be evaluated when wither the SS or CF are subbed out (i.e., is the 2B a better SS than the new SS? Is the LF or RF a better CF than the new CF?).

Last edited by ASURay; 11-28-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:49 PM   #151
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

When I try to advance the page in the AH ("next page") I get a "bid too low" warning unless I scroll all the way to the top of the page. Sometimes I can get the page to advance if I'm not at the top of the page if I click the very top-right corner of the "next page" button. There's evidently an issue with some overlap of the "next page" and "submit bid" buttons if you're not at the top of the page.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #152
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This logic is as nonsensical now as it was the first time it was mentioned. We rarely know what our "max" bid is a priori outside of bidding all the PP we have.
If you are willing to bid all of the PP you have, then that is your max bid. If you are not, then whatever you are willing to bid is your max bid. Yes, you always know what your max bid is. You may WANT to play less, but that is irrelevant if you want to win the auction.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:41 PM   #153
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
If you are willing to bid all of the PP you have, then that is your max bid. If you are not, then whatever you are willing to bid is your max bid. Yes, you always know what your max bid is. You may WANT to play less, but that is irrelevant if you want to win the auction.
I think some people want to win at any cost whatsoever but don't want to pay 1 PP more than they have to. It's weird IMO, but I think that's what it is. They want to be able to guarantee a win on auctions that have a Buy it Now price, but not pay the full amount if they don't have to.

Last edited by zrog2000; 11-28-2018 at 05:43 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #154
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I think some people want to win at any cost whatsoever but don't want to pay 1 PP more than they have to. It's weird IMO, but I think that's what it is. They want to be able to guarantee a win on auctions that have a Buy it Now price, but not pay the full amount if they don't have to.
Yeah, but you can be screwed out if someone's max bid is a lot higher than the current max. For example, I was bidding on Machado, and with like 10 seconds to go, it was at 5k. But my top bid on him was like 6.5k, and I ended up buying him for 6.25k. So basically someone came in with what they thought was a snipe bid, but it still wasn't enough.

Now, did I want to spend that much on him? I dunno - I was hoping he would stay in the 5k range. But I put in a bid that I was still comfortable with and am glad at that.

Of course, I likely wouldn't have put in the same bid if the auction was still 12 hours away. Of course, day 1 everyone is going a little crazy with things, so I'm sure over time things will settle into some sort of steady-state.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:02 PM   #155
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, but you can be screwed out if someone's max bid is a lot higher than the current max. For example, I was bidding on Machado, and with like 10 seconds to go, it was at 5k. But my top bid on him was like 6.5k, and I ended up buying him for 6.25k. So basically someone came in with what they thought was a snipe bid, but it still wasn't enough.

Now, did I want to spend that much on him? I dunno - I was hoping he would stay in the 5k range. But I put in a bid that I was still comfortable with and am glad at that.

Of course, I likely wouldn't have put in the same bid if the auction was still 12 hours away. Of course, day 1 everyone is going a little crazy with things, so I'm sure over time things will settle into some sort of steady-state.
Yeah, that's the way it works now. But the complaint was for people who want to put in a max bid of the buy it now price, but pay less than that if no one else wants to buy it. They want to be able to guarantee a win without using buy it now. It's kind of a lame request IMO. Either use buy it now, or don't and take the risk of not winning. That's the way it's supposed to work.

And yeah, the AH is completely crazy right now.

edit- it's also possible that I'm mixing up conversations. This one goes way back.

Last edited by zrog2000; 11-28-2018 at 06:03 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #156
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I'd be shocked if anyone, yourself included actually followed this practice. Let's say you want that 89 OVR Patrick Corbin card, which is a nice little card if not a bit overrated. You determine, using whatever criteria you use to make such decisions, that your "max bid" is 3,000 PP. You type in 3,000 and get the dreaded "...another player has bid a higher amount." message. You're telling me that the probability of you typing in 3,001, just to see what happens, is zero? If that's true then, not only do you have the discipline of a monk but you must also be terribly boring to hang out with
Old 11-28-2018, 07:56 PM   #157
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd be shocked if anyone, yourself included actually followed this practice. Let's say you want that 89 OVR Patrick Corbin card, which is a nice little card if not a bit overrated. You determine, using whatever criteria you use to make such decisions, that your "max bid" is 3,000 PP. You type in 3,000 and get the dreaded "...another player has bid a higher amount." message. You're telling me that the probability of you typing in 3,001, just to see what happens, is zero? If that's true then, not only do you have the discipline of a monk but you must also be terribly boring to hang out with
Personal insults aside, yes I do follow this practice and you would also if you were interested in winning auctions. If I see a Patrick Corbin card that I want, I would bid 5,015 because that's what it will take to win it for sure. If I only have 4000, then I bid 4000 and see what happens. Bidding 3000 when I can bid more and am willing to bid more is inviting a loss.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #158
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Yeah, that's the way it works now. But the complaint was for people who want to put in a max bid of the buy it now price, but pay less than that if no one else wants to buy it.
If no one wants to buy it, then they would pay less because no one would up their bid. Simply bid 1pp less than the Buy It Now price and you win the card unless someone is willing to pay the BIN price. If you were willing to pay that price, then you should have just bought it in the first place.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:27 PM   #159
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Put me in the boring crowd. There is a price I'm willing to pay, and I'll usually put that amount in. If someone bids 3001 I'm not going to get into a bidding war. There will either be another opportunity or I'll find someone else within by budget.

And to answer your question from earlier if I offered someone a $50K salary, and they came back with a demand for $50,001 I'd move on to the next candidate.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:40 PM   #160
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
And to answer your question from earlier if I offered someone a $50K salary, and they came back with a demand for $50,001 I'd move on to the next candidate.
Exactly.