Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 02-10-2019, 07:33 PM   #81
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Can you please make the text on the Tran City away jersey smaller so that it doesn't look like it's just one word, but two? There needs to be a space between Tran and City, you see. Thanks if you can, Eugene. Keep up the great work. CD out.
I'll see if I can figure out the spacing... this is a problem on the software I have to use.

Yes, I have Paint, but don't know how to use it.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:39 PM   #82
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
I generally used MS Paint when I designed items for potential use in the virtual world I was part of years ago, especially in more confined areas for items' templates. And by doing so, it often made my things more unique, I believe, compared to items that looked more common, so to speak.

Maybe we can help you better with it somehow every so often, Eugene. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:43 PM   #83
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I generally used MS Paint when I designed items for potential use in the virtual world I was part of years ago, especially in more confined areas for items' templates. And by doing so, it often made my things more unique, I believe, compared to items that looked more common, so to speak.

Maybe we can help you better with it somehow every so often, Eugene. CD out.
I wonder, do you have Paint?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:45 PM   #84
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I fixed the spacing on the Tran City Away Jersey.

The software allowed me to angle it instead of being straight across.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-10-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #85
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I have MS Paint, if that's what you're asking, Cooleyvol. It wasn't always easy to work with certain items' templates when I designed items for that virtual world. So I often found myself zooming in as much as possible, and working pixel-by-pixel. Which probably helped give my items more of a distinctive look for them, in many cases, than more conventional-looking items might have had for them there. Such as my outfit that had 200 stars on it, with half on the top, and half on the bottom, for example, if memory serves me correctly here.

Maybe if Eugene can get the hang of MS Paint, he might be able to turn out some wonderful works of his own better than the ones he already has made. He might even be able to recolor certain logos, et cetera, as well. Although it can be a bit challenging when working in more confined areas of images, for sure, at times.

Thanks for your input, Cooleyvol. I don't know how soon I'll be able to create, or recreate, the needed leagues here, just yet. But if we can come up with some good sets here, then I think that's at least part of the proverbial battle, so to speak here, of course. Don't you agree?

Keep up the great work, Eugene. I know you can do well, with the Lord's help and all, for sure, by the way. CD out.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #86
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Much better on the Tran City away jersey, I think. Once I get the images saved to my computer, I or we can then perhaps use MS Paint or some other graphics-related program to recolor them as needed or desired, or not. Not entirely sure about that yet, but we'll have to wait and see about that, if we decide to go that route, or I do, et cetera. CD out.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:33 PM   #87
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Okay, folks, before I can use the park generator to make diagrams of the parks for the minor-league teams in this setup, I think I'll need name suggestions for them from others here. Anyone interested? If so, please feel free to suggest possible park names for the following teams, okay?

Aaronville Bruins (parent club Shmala Bears)
Bublitz City Squires (parent club Slaabojevo Knights)
Damonopolis Bulldogs (parent club Tracyton Huskies)
Dutch Cove Raiders (parent club Olsonton Vikings)
Lima Llamas (parent club Rocíoton Camels)
Mankato Challengers (parent club Willson Athletics)
Odanoskiko Stags (parent club Tran City Bucks)
Odlasvoi City Stingers (parent club Amjasi Hornets)
Ottoskarje Lynx (parent club Sarahnapool Cougars)
Rainbow Bay Satellites (parent club Sara City Rockets)
St. Peter Hearts (parent club Folliston Cupids)
Tierra De Oro Mustangs (parent club Benclimil Chargers)

Any and all sufficiently clean and suitable suggestions will be considered, and I will pick from them as time permits and as I so decide. But let's get other things done first, if we can, okay, folks? CD out.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:28 PM   #88
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I did the Ottoskarje Lynx over... the road jersey team lettering was distorted... I think the new version is superior to the first because I have learned how to use it better.

Ottoskarje Primary Logo, Secondary Logo, Home White Jersey, Away Gray Jersey
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-19-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:50 PM   #89
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

You're evidently getting there, EC. Let's get the logo images and/or text, et cetera, first, if we can, and then see if we can recolor them, if needed and all, later on. It's obvious you're putting in effort here, and I like that a great deal. Once we get everything set up as needed, with the team sets, the parks, and the player/coach names, et cetera, I think this has the potential for being a very good saved game/dynasty sort of thing.

I might want to ultimately put everything listed under certain real or supposed nations currently under other nations, at times, and then have certain related things be certain ways periodically in my related game files, I think, but haven't decided that yet. And I haven't figured out how to do it well enough, either for OOTP 18 or OOTP 19, not to mention any version of FHM I now have available to me, or soon will have available.

I just want to see if I can get this thing going well enough later on, as soon as possible, for any version of OOTP and/or FHM I may ultimately have access to in the future, if I don't have it now. And maybe, if and when I can, there may just be a quickstart in this project's future, if I can figure out how to create it well enough, et cetera.

Thank you all for your time and attention here, everyone. Eugene, I hope you can continue to turn out improving work, of course, as you now seem to be doing here, if I'm not too mistaken here. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-11-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:55 PM   #90
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Hope you're finding good fonts to use, too, EC, for any number of your writing or art-related projects. Also, as I'm sure others may have mentioned in relation to images made with justafan's applications, I think if you save your work as templates, maybe you can recolor them or change them at times. I'm not totally sure about that, but I think that's what I read a while back somewhere around here. CD out.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:25 PM   #91
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, I only have access to Block Lettering... I tried to download Script Lettering... I put it in my Windows 10 fonts folder, but they wouldn't work in justafan's software.

They were in the folder, but when I tried to use them, they did not look good... the script letters did not join together... you must have to deal with scipt lettering different from block lettering.

So I am very limited on fonts.... but it shouldn't be any problem... I think I will only be able to do 9 more teams... that's all that I have mascots for... Cougars, Bruins, Hornets, Chargers, Vikings, Rockets, Raiders, Stingers and Bulldogs.

You'll have to get someone else to do the others for you... Hearts, Cupids, Camels, Athletics, Llamas, Squires, and Satellites... I haven't found any suitable images for these nicknames.

Or you might try to learn to create them yourself using justafan's Pickoff (for logos), Jersey Creator and Cap Creator... it took me quite awhile to get somewhat proficient using it.

Or if you are good at Paint, use it... it's too complex for me... that's why I use justafan's software.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:45 PM   #92
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I strongly suggest to get the rest of your teams done on this forum, you should be very simple and not long-winded in your request.

Post EACH REQUEST in a SINGLE thread.

Someone is more likely to do one logo for you than 24.
It will take some time to get this done this way... but you will get much better designers than me.

Here is how I used to list my requests:
Need primary logo, secondary logo, home and away jerseys, home and away caps.
Please use my colors suggestions, if possible... or do it your own way.

Team Name: Luxora Zorros… team colors: Black Primary Color with Red with White Trim... prefer 1950s style logos and jerseys... make Home Jerseys White and Road Jerseys Gray.
Pleas keep them simple... nothing fancy... simple logos show up better on the OOTP game screens.

Be sure to be courteous in dealing with them... politely request a correction if there is a misspelled word... and accept what they do for you... some designers will make some revisions for you, but don't request them too often.

Remember, beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-12-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:08 AM   #93
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Okay, thanks for your advice. I'll try to remember it as best and as often as I can, for sure. Really appreciate the help you've provided so far here, in any case. Keep up the great work, Eugene. CD out.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:11 AM   #94
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're evidently getting there, EC. Let's get the logo images and/or text, et cetera, first, if we can, and then see if we can recolor them, if needed and all, later on. It's obvious you're putting in effort here, and I like that a great deal. Once we get everything set up as needed, with the team sets, the parks, and the player/coach names, et cetera, I think this has the potential for being a very good saved game/dynasty sort of thing.

I might want to ultimately put everything listed under Palestine at present under Israel, and then have this new fictional nation take the place of Palestine in my related game files, I think, but haven't decided that yet. And I haven't figured out how to do it well enough, either for OOTP 18 or OOTP 19, not to mention any version of FHM I now have available to me, or soon will have available.

I just want to see if I can get this thing going well enough later on, as soon as possible, for any version of OOTP and/or FHM I may ultimately have access to in the future, if I don't have it now. And maybe, if and when I can, there may just be a quickstart in this project's future, if I can figure out how to create it well enough, et cetera.

Thank you all for your time and attention here, everyone. Eugene, I hope you can continue to turn out improving work, of course, as you now seem to be doing here, if I'm not too mistaken here. CD out.
Your are right in not getting political... don't go there... the OTPB Forums are for the pleasure of baseball enthusiasts.

In fact, you should delete that reference from this thread... it might be a wise thing to do.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:21 AM   #95
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Advice heeded, Eugene. But I still might periodically want to modify the applicable files, yet I'm not sure just how to do it well enough for my purposes, unfortunately. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-11-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #96
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Advice heeded, Eugene. But I still might periodically want to modify the applicable files, yet I'm not sure just how to do it well enough for my purposes, unfortunately. CD out.
More power to you if you can modify existing graphics... if you could do that, I would think you would have the expertise and skill to create your own.

I also wish I could modify existing graphics, but I am not willing to spend the time to learn the software that would allow me to do it.

I can use justafan's three programs and make halfway decent logos, jerseys and caps... knuckler and Txranger and many other talented graphics designers do excellent work... I only do it halfway as good as them.

But it better than nothing... and far better than the generic OOTP logos, jerseys and caps their designers create... even my so-so work is superior to theirs.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:10 PM   #97
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Amjasi Hornets Primary Logo, Secondary Logo, Home White Jersey,
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-11-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #98
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Amjasi Hornets Home Cap and Away Cap
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #99
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
More power to you if you can modify existing graphics... if you could do that, I would think you would have the expertise and skill to create your own.

I also wish I could modify existing graphics, but I am not willing to spend the time to learn the software that would allow me to do it.

I can use justafan's three programs and make halfway decent logos, jerseys and caps... knuckler and Txranger and many other talented graphics designers do excellent work... I only do it halfway as good as them.

But it better than nothing... and far better than the generic OOTP logos, jerseys and caps their designers create... even my so-so work is superior to theirs.

I meant existing text files, mainly, not necessarily graphics files, Eugene, in this context. You see, I don't want to mess up any game I might have in existence or might later create in OOTP 18 or 19, but I might still want to change certain city names, or country names, et cetera, at times. Like I might want to rename certain cities in either Red China or India, for example, to their more traditional and better-known names. Like Kolkata to Calcutta and Mumbai to Bombay, for just two such examples.

That's what I was mainly referring to earlier, when I mentioned what I did before editing out certain words as you'd advised me to do here. I've asked around, but haven't yet been able to figure out entirely how to do what I'd like to do with the necessary text files and all well enough, et cetera, Eugene.

Thank you for your time and attention here, and I think you're doing great work here. Once I download the necessary graphics, and all, maybe I can recolor them as needed and/or desired here, somehow, if at all possible. If not, then so be it, but hopefully I can.

Until next time, then, I wish you well, and I am greatly pleased by how well your things have turned out so far here, with your attempts to help me out here at least a little bit. Keep up the great work! CD out.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:52 PM   #100
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Benclimil Chargers Primary Logo, Secondary Logo, Home Blue Jersey, Away Blue Jersey
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-11-2019 at 11:58 PM.