Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:48 AM   #161
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
OK, let's look at this rationally.

- Patch 19.8.64 introduced a lag and crashes for users with AMD processors. Unfortunately this was not caught during beta testing, as can always happen when a problem only exists on a small percentage of systems.
- Patch 19.8.69 fixed the lag (after we worked 24 hours straight on trying to identify the issue), but introduced a crash while simulating (new issue). This patch was rushed out to help with people with the lag, and unfortunately the simulation crashes were not caught before that. **** happens. We are human after all.
- Patch 19.8.70 fixes the simulation crash, and for 99.99% of the people this runs stable. However, we still have a handful of reports that say the game is still lagging, or randomly crashing. Now our job is to find out why, and this is incredibly difficult, as these issues are likely not related to the original problem and can be all sorts of things which even may have nothing to do with the game (outdated drivers, other apps running in the background, faulty RAM etc).

Having said that, we are still working on this and will do the best we can to find out the problems and fix them if they are code-related.
Since I'm still on 19.6.53 and just got back to the game thinking on patching up, I should perhaps wait. Could I go safely on to lets say 19.7.59 ? This "problem" rush started with 19.8 I understand. So far all patches has been without major problems but I understand 19.8 really messed up a lot of PCs. Haven't seen a ****storm like this for OOTP19 and of course back to be worried for each every patch.

Simple question then. Was 19.7.59 all in order (well almost) without freezing or lagging. Patch to this, enjoy the game and wait for next patch after this 19.8.70 ???
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:55 AM   #162
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Since I'm still on 19.6.53 and just got back to the game thinking on patching up, I should perhaps wait. Could I go safely on to lets say 19.7.59 ? This "problem" rush started with 19.8 I understand. So far all patches has been without major problems but I understand 19.8 really messed up a lot of PCs. Haven't seen a ****storm like this for OOTP19 and of course back to be worried for each every patch.

Simple question then. Was 19.7.59 all in order (well almost) without freezing or lagging. Patch to this, enjoy the game and wait for next patch after this 19.8.70 ???
19.7.59 was okay, and 19.8.70 is for 99.99% of users. So I'd say install 19.8.70.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #163
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

this isn't even an issue affecting me, but thanks for all the work you guys are putting in. it is not unnoticed.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #164
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Question, are all of you getting a slight 2-4 second delay between the end of the game and display of the boxscore? In past versions, the boxscore display was instant, no delay. Thing is, I'm driving myself batty, because for the life of me, I can't remember if the delay was always there when playing OOTP19, or if I simply started noticing it when this whole kerfuffle started last week. I'm not the most sane noodle in bowl, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #165
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Question, are all of you getting a slight 2-4 second delay between the end of the game and display of the boxscore? In past versions, the boxscore display was instant, no delay. Thing is, I'm driving myself batty, because for the life of me, I can't remember if the delay was always there when playing OOTP19, or if I simply started noticing it when this whole kerfuffle started last week. I'm not the most sane noodle in bowl, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The game needs a bit to finish and clear down the 3D stuff before the boxscores are displayed. On my PC this takes about 2 seconds.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote