Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #61
rink23
Hall Of Famer

repeat post

Last edited by rink23; 08-17-2018 at 08:09 PM.
rink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #62
rink23
Hall Of Famer

OK, new question.
It looks like my graphics card is probably outdated, so I need to decide what the next step is.
Update the graphics card or replace the six-year old computer entirely.
Also, I do have OOTP19 on my laptop and it is running smoother than Harrison Bader runs the bases.
What is the best/safest/simpleist way to get my lg file of my Cardinals dynasty from my desktop to my laptop.
I tried to put it on a thumbdrive the other night, and it was going to take 3-plus hours. I could not sit around and watch and at some point it corrupted out.
I play on Steam, but I don't believe it is transferable through the site/app or whatever it is.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:21 PM   #63
mm7607
All Star Reserve

Sim speed has slowed to a crawl. Like 6 hours and only 13 days simmed. I have AMD PC so there must be a problem still. I'm running a 24 team league with 5 minor league teams each. Used to take about 10 to 15 minutes to sim a month.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:53 PM   #64
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmos412 View Post
^
Would you quit being hysterical please?
They have quickly addressed these issues that came up, that have seemed to been fixed for most so far, and they have attempted to help you.
Not hysterical just plain fed up seeing another once outstanding developer sacrifice game stability for flash and dash that does nothing for game performance. By the way if they were trying so hard to help why did each of their "fixes" make the game worse ??? How can you possibly not know what you did in the patches-----do you have no records of what you did ??? How can you come out and say it is only with AMD machines just to get a flood of Intel users and Mac users with the same problem ??? Too damn old to be a fan boy of a once great developer !!
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:15 PM   #65
hammerstringz
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
How bad is the lag and what are the specs of your system?
The lag is still annoying. It used to be click click go.. now it's click.. wait.. click... wait... and it still feels like it takes twice as long to finish a game than before the recent patch.

PC... AMD... Nvidia
hammerstringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:24 PM   #66
Grapeshine
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwheelz View Post
I'm getting some lag as well. Probably 3-4 seconds from the time you click a player file or menu and when it shows up.

PC. Ryzen 5. 16GB RAM. GTX 1070. Installed to an SSD.

The lag started with .64 and has continued to .70.

Once you get into the game to play it out things seem fine. Its through the menus before getting to the game that sees the most lag.
Same issue here.
Grapeshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #67
drksd4848
All Star Starter

(I just posted in the bug forum, but I figured I'd also post here just in case anyone else is having mega crashes like me)

OK, here's an update with my machine.

I could NOT get 8.70 to work. I uninstalled, clean reinstalled, deleted appdata, played with the settings... no matter, whenever I tried to play out a game, it kept crashing.

But what I did learn is that it is most likely a 3D and Facegen issue. When I shut off both features in settings, I was able to play a text only game.

What I can't understand is, what could have possibly changed between 7.59 and 8.6X that would have caused such a meltdown? Did overlay scaling cause it? I turned it off, turned back on. Nothing. Crash and burn.

For the record, my specs are as follows:

Windows 7
Intel quad 3.07 GHz Xeon
nVidia 3800 FX graphics card
8 Gigs ram.

For now, I've rolled back to 6.57 (league association playoffs works in that patch). I guess I'll stay there? Unless there's another hotfix.

Short of actually sending my PC box (HP z400), if there is any other info I can give you to help, let me know!
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:03 PM   #68
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

With this latest version (70), the scouting report graphs are still messed up. Like they were in the previous version (69) but not before that.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #69
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
(I just posted in the bug forum, but I figured I'd also post here just in case anyone else is having mega crashes like me)

OK, here's an update with my machine.

I could NOT get 8.70 to work. I uninstalled, clean reinstalled, deleted appdata, played with the settings... no matter, whenever I tried to play out a game, it kept crashing.

But what I did learn is that it is most likely a 3D and Facegen issue. When I shut off both features in settings, I was able to play a text only game.

What I can't understand is, what could have possibly changed between 7.59 and 8.6X that would have caused such a meltdown? Did overlay scaling cause it? I turned it off, turned back on. Nothing. Crash and burn.

For the record, my specs are as follows:

Windows 7
Intel quad 3.07 GHz Xeon
nVidia 3800 FX graphics card
8 Gigs ram.

For now, I've rolled back to 6.57 (league association playoffs works in that patch). I guess I'll stay there? Unless there's another hotfix.

Short of actually sending my PC box (HP z400), if there is any other info I can give you to help, let me know!
Ditto with everything here, almost the same exact specs too.

Up to Monday night everything full blown turned on in Classic 3D mode (cannot stand the widget mode) and never a crash through 17, 18, and 19.

Since then, nothing but crashes during game play. With my original '54 league, in historical exhibition, even tried fictional. Same.

Also pretty annoying to read the instructions to upgrade video cards/drivers, hardware, conflict theorizing, rebooting computer etc. Nope. Nothing has suddenly degraded in my rig, no other progs are crashing.

Very frustrating. Do not want to downgrade to 2D.
Johnny Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:25 PM   #70
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23 View Post
What is the best/safest/simpleist way to get my lg file of my Cardinals dynasty from my desktop to my laptop.
Copy the entire .lg folder to a USB drive, paste from the USB to the laptop. Yeah, it might take some time using USB 2.0.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:31 PM   #71
kmg90
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23 View Post
OK, new question.
It looks like my graphics card is probably outdated, so I need to decide what the next step is.
Update the graphics card or replace the six-year old computer entirely.
Also, I do have OOTP19 on my laptop and it is running smoother than Harrison Bader runs the bases.
I tried to put it on a thumbdrive the other night, and it was going to take 3-plus hours. I could not sit around and watch and at some point it corrupted out.
I play on Steam, but I don't believe it is transferable through the site/app or whatever it is.

Could you post your system's driver specs?

The easiest way to do that is through running an utility called DxDiag

The easiest way to run it is by opening the start menu and typing dxdiag into the search box and pressing enter.

Then click save all information, this will save DxDiag text file (most likely to your desktop)

Open the newly saved file up and look for a section that looks like the following
Code:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: GeForce GTX 1070
            DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B81&SUBSYS_85991043&REV_A1
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 16248 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 8088 MB
       Shared Memory: 8160 MB
        Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
         HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
 Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
     Color Primaries: Red(0.639172,0.339367), Green(0.309094,0.619641), Blue(0.156750,0.059094), White Point(0.313977,0.329602)
   Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
        Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
       Monitor Model: VS278
          Monitor Id: ACI27A1
         Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
         Output Type: Displayport External
Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
      Advanced Color: Not Supported
         Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll
 Driver File Version: 24.21.0013.9836 (English)
      Driver Version: 24.21.13.9836
         DDI Version: 12
      Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
        Driver Model: WDDM 2.4
 Graphics Preemption: Pixel
  Compute Preemption: Dispatch
            Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
 Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
      Power P-states: Not Supported
      Virtualization: Paravirtualization 
          Block List: No Blocks
  Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:False 
   Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 6/23/2018 7:00:00 PM, 950736 bytes
         WHQL Logo'd: Yes
     WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown
Copy and paste into [code ] formatting to compact it for readability and not stretch the page

Last edited by kmg90; 08-17-2018 at 10:33 PM. Reason: grammer
kmg90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:47 PM   #72
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Not hysterical just plain fed up seeing another once outstanding developer sacrifice game stability for flash and dash that does nothing for game performance. By the way if they were trying so hard to help why did each of their "fixes" make the game worse ??? How can you possibly not know what you did in the patches-----do you have no records of what you did ??? How can you come out and say it is only with AMD machines just to get a flood of Intel users and Mac users with the same problem ??? Too damn old to be a fan boy of a once great developer !!
Just a thought...but if you don't like all the "flash and dash" you could always play a previous version that you liked.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:03 PM   #73
MPLS Redbirds
Bat Boy

Downloading league files has slowed down dramatically. Taking over a minute and then when it finally loads ootp crashes.
MPLS Redbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:41 PM   #74
kehowey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Stuff happens. As a veteran of hours long phone calls trying to fix problems with other products I've purchased the response on here is top notch.
Agree
kehowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:08 AM   #75
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
This is the true issue

I have never downloaded any of these updates or patches. Should not have to. The truth of the matter is this game should be good to go out of the box, or download, whatever.

My game runs fine, but I am missing all these latest patches and updates.
Give me a break, I come from the old school when you bought a game, it was complete and you got what you got. If the game was incomplete or buggy, you pitched it and vowed to never buy it again.

Now, ever since the ps3 and xbox 360, everyone just take its in the piehole and buys an incomplete game, then actually anticipates, and begs, for the update or patch for a game they paid full asking price for!

Call me a bitchy malcontent or whatnot, but you guys on here begging and asking for the next patch are the problem, and worse, enablers for all these developers to put out a half finished product.

What's even more amusing is after the patch craps your system, you are more than willing to waste valuable moments of your lives jumping on the hamster wheel of never ending and vague solutions to the problem that f'ed up your game; the problem is the developers released an unfinished product, a product none the less you paid for!

This post will not make me any friends I am sure, but if I am so full of it, If I am so bitter or uninformed, then please, enlighten me through a reasoned debate where I am wrong.
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:31 AM   #76
rink23
Hall Of Famer

KMG90: Here are the specs I think you were asking about concerning my computer.
I was able to play sim one game last night/went pretty well.
Although, my Cardinals did lose. That's why I hate simming out games, I want to be able feel that when I lose was my fault.
Anyway, Went to set up a second game in my league and it froze on the lineup screen.
I went back again and twice attempted to play league games. The early innings went fine -- a little bit of blue circle of death but seemed to be shorter -- but when I started subbing. Looking at matchups with the other team, fatigue factors on my relievers, double switch possibilities, it really started to lag and eventually crashed.
I had a later problem saving the league to a flash drive hoping to play on a laptop that seems to be running OOTP10 without a hitch, and it crash. It's on another threat I started.
Any help would be appreciated.
Code:
  Monitor Name: SyncMaster 2232BW plus,SyncMaster Magic CX2232GW Plus(Analog)
       Monitor Model: SyncMaster
          Monitor Id: SAM0375
         Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.883Hz)
         Output Type: HD15
Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
      Advanced Color: Not Supported
         Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,amdxc64.dll
 Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1395 (English)
      Driver Version: 15.200.1045.0
         DDI Version: 11.2
      Feature Levels: 11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
        Driver Model: WDDM 1.3
 Graphics Preemption: DMA
  Compute Preemption: DMA
            Miracast: Not Supported
 Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
      Power P-states: Not Supported
      Virtualization: Not Supported
          Block List: No Blocks
  Catalog Attributes: N/A
   Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 6/21/2015 7:00:00 PM, 1470776 bytes
         WHQL Logo'd: Yes
     WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown

Last edited by rink23; 08-18-2018 at 03:58 AM.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:36 AM   #77
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Please remind me... because now I have lag...what was the number of the last good patch and where do I find it? (The one before the shop multiple players)?
Old 08-18-2018, 01:47 AM   #78
Bengal57
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi sorry to bother you, but I have had an issue with my OOtp 19 in the last 2 weeks, I open the game and play it for 20 minutes and my screen goes completely black, I have what it says is 19.1 38 I do not know you all are refering to when you say 69 and all that. But If you can give me any advice or direct me to a fix that would be great, I did DL this fix but my black screen comes right in the middle of games even, in fact, it doesn't seem to matter what I am doing. I still have sound and everything just no screen, I have to end up holding down the button till it shuts down, I think that is called a cold shutdown, I hear that isn't good for the old PC, anyway what makes me think its the game is it never happens on any other thing but when I have ootp, is this hotix for what I am experiencing?
Old 08-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #79
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Loaf View Post
I have never downloaded any of these updates or patches. Should not have to. The truth of the matter is this game should be good to go out of the box, or download, whatever.

My game runs fine, but I am missing all these latest patches and updates.
Give me a break, I come from the old school when you bought a game, it was complete and you got what you got. If the game was incomplete or buggy, you pitched it and vowed to never buy it again.

Now, ever since the ps3 and xbox 360, everyone just take its in the piehole and buys an incomplete game, then actually anticipates, and begs, for the update or patch for a game they paid full asking price for!

Call me a bitchy malcontent or whatnot, but you guys on here begging and asking for the next patch are the problem, and worse, enablers for all these developers to put out a half finished product.

What's even more amusing is after the patch craps your system, you are more than willing to waste valuable moments of your lives jumping on the hamster wheel of never ending and vague solutions to the problem that f'ed up your game; the problem is the developers released an unfinished product, a product none the less you paid for!

This post will not make me any friends I am sure, but if I am so full of it, If I am so bitter or uninformed, then please, enlighten me through a reasoned debate where I am wrong.
I have been suggesting for years that most people should hold off on updating too see if there is a problem or too and maybe this time people will start waiting.

I did one update so far this year and couldn't play the game as I had played in the past thus I won't do update's unless the game is completely unplayable.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #80
smiller
Major Leagues

I never buy the game until after the first two patches to make sure everything is okay. After that I don't patch again unless there is something that really catches my eye and the response on the forum is 100% positive. I've been waiting for something like the new shopping of players change for years, but I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer as right now I'm afraid to change anything.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote