Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:39 AM   #21
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Sorry all for the issues with the last build!
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #22
Sandberg
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Hey thanks to you guys for getting on this quick. Now for some leagues we have guys who have purchased from all the different avenues (Steam/Origins/Mac and traditional), when can we expect this newest patch available for all?
Sandberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:06 PM   #23
Dubsonic
Bat Boy

Hotfix 70 fixed the issue on MAC (Steam). Thanks for the prompt update.

Cheers!
Dubsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:20 PM   #24
Reggie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Stuff happens. As a veteran of hours long phone calls trying to fix problems with other products I've purchased the response on here is top notch.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #25
BarryB1124
Minors (Single A)

Still freezing in game. Windows 10 i5 processor. Seems to happen when I have the pitch location widget open.
BarryB1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:30 PM   #26
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudy2Shoes View Post
This hotfix set off my car alarm, started my blender, and released all the players on my fantasy baseball team. Not sure what's going on...

Actually it worked just fine. I was able to advance the day on my Mac and it did not crash.
Two more patches until it learns to launch the nukes.
Shame, shame on you

NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:30 PM   #27
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandberg View Post
Hey thanks to you guys for getting on this quick. Now for some leagues we have guys who have purchased from all the different avenues (Steam/Origins/Mac and traditional), when can we expect this newest patch available for all?
Should be available within the normal timeframe (Steam probably already up, Origin/Mac store sometimes can take a day or two depending on approval process).

FYI, for online league capability, all the builds between .64 and .70 should be able to be used interchangeably, so if some people are on a version from a few days ago, they should still be able to download league files and export without issue.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #28
UKRedSox
Major Leagues

from the hotfix thread....

"Please do note that this version (19.8.XX) is not compatible with the previous releases (19.7.XX or earlier) in online leagues, so all members of an online league need to be on the same major version in order to continue without issues. "

I am reading this correctly, as long as online league members have installed a 19.8.xx version it will not affect online league play?

Asking for a friend :-)
UKRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #29
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Another hot "fix" another FAILURE !!! The game has slowed down even more and freezes and crashes have multiplied !!!! Have bought every iteration of this game since it came out and NONE have been this unstable and never (even OOTP 6) have you been so unable to correct the issues. FIX THE DAMN GAME !!
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #30
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKRedSox View Post
from the hotfix thread....

"Please do note that this version (19.8.XX) is not compatible with the previous releases (19.7.XX or earlier) in online leagues, so all members of an online league need to be on the same major version in order to continue without issues. "

I am reading this correctly, as long as online league members have installed a 19.8.xx version it will not affect online league play?

Asking for a friend :-)
I mean, always be careful, but yes, the 19.8.xx versions should all work fine between each other in online league play (possibly not some of the earlier beta versions, but all the 3 public versions, 64, 69, and 70 should be fine).
Old 08-17-2018, 12:59 PM   #31
UKRedSox
Major Leagues

Quote:
I mean, always be careful, but yes, the 19.8.xx versions should all work fine between each other in online league play (possibly not some of the earlier beta versions, but all the 3 public versions, 64, 69, and 70 should be fine).
Thanks Matt, appreciate it
UKRedSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #32
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Another hot "fix" another FAILURE !!! The game has slowed down even more and freezes and crashes have multiplied !!!! Have bought every iteration of this game since it came out and NONE have been this unstable and never (even OOTP 6) have you been so unable to correct the issues. FIX THE DAMN GAME !!
You don't need to scream and yell in every thread. Lukas addressed your problems here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...92#post4357892
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #33
kosmos412
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the quick service and support, as always. Crossing my fingers when I get off work and install this new hotfix, all will be well. haha.
kosmos412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:15 PM   #34
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

My game is still crashing every now and again.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #35
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
My game is still crashing every now and again.
If it's now and again, it's unlikely related to the issue the patch fixed and more likely a conflict with something on your system or a matter of your system resources getting maxed out. Can you send me an email and let me know when and where it crashes and we can go from there?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #36
Galeno
Minors (Rookie Ball)

AMDer here. 64 ruined the game. 69 made it possible to play it again, but with long lags.

Did not have the chance to play a 3D game yet with patch 70, but the interface lag problem is gone. It runs as smooth as it was before the "64 thing".

Thank you guys. And... be careful with the patches next time...
Old 08-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #37
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
If it's now and again, it's unlikely related to the issue the patch fixed and more likely a conflict with something on your system or a matter of your system resources getting maxed out. Can you send me an email and let me know when and where it crashes and we can go from there?
Email sent.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #38
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeno View Post
Thank you guys. And... be careful with the patches next time...
Yeah, we will!

We learned something this time around for sure and we've been seriously discussing what we have to do to keep this sort of thing from ever happening again

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #39
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
You don't need to scream and yell in every thread. Lukas addressed your problems here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...92#post4357892
He did ?? Followed those instructions to the letter----game is still a mess-----if that is addressing the problem your definition and mine of solving a problem are quite different !
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:42 PM   #40
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Completely understand your frustration. It can be, and obviously is, infuriating when it appears that the more things are trying to get fixed the more they appear to be broken. Many of us work in the IT and software industry and have had experiences such as this. There always seems to be that one bug that is just hard to track down despite all the best intentions and efforts. I'm pretty sure this is pissing Markus and team off a lot more than it is us.
You've mentioned a couple of times in various threads that you've been a customer from the start. Hopefully you've recognized that this latest problem is not the norm for Markus and his team and his track record speaks for itself in terms of being able to pinpoint a problem and resolve it quickly. Appreciate you continuing to test and work with Lukas to troubleshoot because the more input everyone gets the better our chances are to nailing down the RC. Please hang in there...you've seen it for yourself that Markus eventually fixes these things. It is just a matter of time so while inconvenient, hopefully your experience over the past 2 days will be but a blip over the past ~20 years of positive experiences you've received from this product and team.