Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #401
stevem810
All Star Starter

Rookie of the Month for May

Does this guy 'have the goods', or what? Just 22 and he's making it look easy. Of course, the hitters will tell you, 'wait for the second time around the league' to see if he remains a mystery. I might agree if he didn't have 4+ pitches in his arsenal. My guess? He will dominate even more as we get deeper into the season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #402
stevem810
All Star Starter

Some J.H. Press

The Newspaper had a nice spot on my hitting streak. It was pretty cool reading the account from the opposing manager, but, it's back to work. No resting during the season. These W's don't pile up based on what you did yesterday. We have a goal and that goal is first place.
Attached Images
Old 11-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #403
stevem810
All Star Starter

First week of June - Le Diamant

Herve DeLage continues his fine play as the Diamonds are running neck and neck with the Waves. Le Diamant goes 3-2 for the week. The Sting Rays just one game back of the Diamonds.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-14-2018, 03:19 PM   #404
stevem810
All Star Starter

First week of June - Le Marin (AAA)

The Waveriders continue to press on for the Martinique pennant. With only 1 loss this week, the team confidence is high. Check out the leader board in TB's. Our offense dominates on almost every stat category including Team OPS, .776.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #405
stevem810
All Star Starter

Herve Delage

I received permission from the league and local newspaper to do an interview with Herve DeLage. Both the Diamonds and Waveriders are on home stands Sunday through Tuesday so this would be a good time for us to get together. Le Marin and Le Diamant are only about 45 minutes apart. We plan to meet in St. Luce for lunch one day.
Attached Images
Old 11-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #406
stevem810
All Star Starter

this Week in Le Diamant

The Diamonds look for all the world to be the real thing in the Martinique race to the finish.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-15-2018, 03:16 PM   #407
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Week in Le Marin

A winning week in Le Marin as the Waveriders go 4-3. I had a pretty good game to end the week raising my record to 7-6. But, we lose a game to the Golden Orioles in the standings.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 11-15-2018, 03:20 PM   #408
stevem810
All Star Starter

Saint-Nazaire and a classic pitchers duel

This game played earlier in the week might be the epitome of a well pitched contest. If you like pitching, you got your moneys worth, and then some. Interesting how the 32 year old Braun threw so many pitches. Some teams limit pitch counts while others don't.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-16-2018, 05:20 PM   #409
stevem810
All Star Starter

This Week in Le Diamant

The Diamonds went 3-4 in a week that began with promise, but ended on a three game skid.

Don't forget the Herve DeLage interview will be published soon.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #410
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Leader Boards in the FBL and speaking of Herve...

Herve is coming along nicely with the bat.
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #411
stevem810
All Star Starter

This Week in Le Marin

A good week for the Waveriders. We picked up 2 full games on the Golden O's as they lost a pair of 2-1 games to finish the week 1-3.

I had more than ample run support in the the 4th and final game of the week making it easy to get my 8th Win in a starting role, coupled with 6 defeats.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #412
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Herve DeLage Interview

Date: Sunday, March 7, 1964 St. Luce, Martinique

Interviewer: Just when the Diamonds overtake the Sting Rays in the standings and go three games up, Le Diamant loses three straight games while Anse d’Arlet wins three straight. Does this team have what it takes to win the pennant?

Herve: A fair enough question, Julien. If you look at run differential we have the best advantage in the Martinique League. Looking at one run games, we have a 9-13 disparity. So, does that mean we are unlucky or not very good at playing pressure baseball? I don’t have the answer to that question, but I can guarantee you we will be trying every game, every at bat, and every pitch to make a positive impact on the outcome of the game.

Interviewer: Good answer, Herve. It’s no secret that you are an evolving player in Le Diamant. Your average, power, both up in this your first full season in the FBL. What’s been the secret to your success?

Herve: No secret, really. A lot of hard work. I have so much to learn and things happen so fast at the big league level. Keeping your head when things are going well and poorly, is important. The coaching staff is very good at getting us to reset. Strike out in a big moment? Mickael Lepine will be in your ear looking for an edge for the next time you come to bat. The first thing he will say is, ‘put it behind you and focus on the next AB’.

Interviewer: You have been a rock at third base. A gold glove last season and the stats are similar this year. You may be on track for a second award. How does that make you feel?

Herve: Actually, I had hoped to improve over last year. My range is a bit wider, but I may be on track for a few more errors. Unless, ‘we’ think I can play errorless ball the rest of the way. You think that is possible, Julien?’ (he laughs here). But, seriously, I love to field. I always have. The skip could play me either at second or third and I’d be happy as a clam. I wouldn’t object to shortstop, but, there would be the proverbial learning curve, to be sure.

Interviewer: Switching gears, Herve, what is your favorite movie?

Herve: Can I have two? (I say yes)
Goldfinger is my favorite. The James Bond stuff is too, cool, man. For comedy, I’m going to go with Marriage, Italian style. I’m a Sophia Loren fan, I guess. (we laugh)

Interviewer: Last question, Herve, share your dreams for the rest of the season in one sentence.
Herve: Easy, Julien. We win the 7th game of the championship series and you get the W.

Interviewer: Ha! Thanks for your time Herve
Herve: It was my pleasure, Julien.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:51 PM   #413
stevem810
All Star Starter

Joe Coleman...in trouble again?

It was June of 1961 when Basse-Pointe manager Joe Coleman started feeling the heat. The worst record in Single A had little to do with the shortened fuse of the Le Diamant ownership. It was Coleman's poor relationship with the players and press that led to his undoing. Fired, and not too many tears were shed by the home town fans and organization.

It seems, respectively, that Manager Joe is trying to bring a new face to the press. Asking for them to 'lighten up' on his guys. Maybe, trying to win some dugout support? Hard to say. Many outsiders have wondered if Joe's undoing this time might be his win/loss record.

The Nobels owner has been silent to date. I liked Joe as my manager. I hope he can turn it around and get his first winning season.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-17-2018, 10:55 PM   #414
stevem810
All Star Starter

Pitching Leaders in FBL

Here is a snapshot of the Pitching Leaders in the FBL. Le Diamant has a few players included in the leader board.
Attached Images
Old 11-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #415
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Week in Le Diamant

A 3-3 week for the Diamonds spelled trouble. The Sting Rays went 6-0 and have won 9 straight since they lost to Le Diamant on the 17th. The Cap Chevalier Waves are now just one game behind the Diamonds. Great race in the Martinique Division in FBL.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 11-18-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #416
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Week in Le Marin (AAA)

Both the Golden O's and the Waveriders went 4-3 this week to keep the separation at one game, with Saint Nazaire in first.

I had a nice outing near the end of the week but nothing like Jean-Luc Picards. He tossed a nifty one hitter as Le Marin defeated the Reds, 2-1.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 11-18-2018, 07:48 PM   #417
stevem810
All Star Starter

The AAA Team with the Most Wins

The Villerupt Monarchs are 44-30 and lead the North Division. The 22 year old ace is having quite a year. Mattheiu La Perrier is 9-2 with a 2.95 ERA.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #418
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Last 3 days of June

FBL: Le Diamant went 2-1; Anse D'Arlet 2-1; Cap Chevalier 2-1

AAA: Saint Nazaire Golden O's 2-1; Le Marin Waveriders 2-1

No change in the standings as we head to July. I closed out June with a pretty good effort on the mound.
Attached Images
Old 11-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #419
stevem810
All Star Starter

FBL Pitcher of the Month

Goes to an SP on the last place Le Morne Rouge Toucans going 5-1. Very solid work by Bernard a true professional. He takes the ball whenever it is his turn. Just one 2 week injury in his entire career.
Attached Images

Last edited by stevem810; 11-19-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:41 PM   #420
stevem810
All Star Starter

FBL Batter of the Month for June

Fountain Bleu's Steve LeRoux had an exceptional June for the Anciens Combattants batting .351 while clubbine 9 dingers.

He was the runner up Rookie of the Year in 1962. Twice he has achieved the Player of the Week Award. He's had a pair of walk off hits in 1964 making him a ball park favorite in Fountain Bleu.
Attached Images
Image Image